on November 14, 2014
This is one of the coolest looking mice available. The construction is solid, the weight and size is excellent. I bought it on sight, thinking "Damn, that's one magnificently engineered mouse!". After a few days of use, however, I discovered I would sooner strangle someone with it than use it. The ergonomics are atrocious. Gripping it just feels bad, like it was designed by someone without opposable thumbs. With basic use, I regularly accidentally trigger one of the side buttons. This happens most often with the thumb joystick, which is set to change DPI. I downloaded the latest config app, only to discover that no matter what settings are applied, the thumb joystick is stuck on changing DPI. And the config app itself is seriously repulsive. The interface is beyond horrible, it's insulting. Things either don't work, or make no sense, or cause a crash (try renaming a profile), or are utterly pointless. Whoever designed this app really needs to evaluate their career choices. Such a shame, all of it. One star given for making something that looks beautiful.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 17, 2012
Thermaltake eSports Level 10 M Black Gaming Mouse (MO-LTM009DT)Tt Esports Level 10 M Gaming Mouse

I would like to start off by saying that The Level 10 M Gaming Mouse is noted for its Air-Through Ventilation, 3D Steering, Intelligent Software, Dynamic Color Range, an Aluminum Base and a Laser Sensor.

The mouse is very well built It has an aluminum body that will last a great while. The Level 10M Gaming Mouse is very responsive and has on the fly adjustability. It also has a feature that came in handy for me. I have large hands and the stock feel just didn't sit right. But have no fear; the mouse has adjustable options for making the rear of the mouse rise and to tilt the Mouse left or right for a custom feel. I have it adjusted just right. It features a very strong, sleeved cable with a cap for the USB plug and a bag for the mouse for storage, like when you are going to LAN parties.

The mouse features software that enables you to adjust many features such as Light options, Macro keys, Performance and Profile management. You can have up to 5 separate profiles for this software so you can change to different schemes when desired. There are 7 different colors to choose from for 3 different locations on the mouse, which can be customized to several different combinations to suit your styles.
It has kind of a hollow shell that reminds me kind of like a beetle shell or something to that effect, it allows air to pass through so you do not get a sweaty palm. The mouse wheel has kind of a clicking noise when scrolling, not sure if that is normal or maybe a defect. At any rate it doesn't have a smooth glide. The mouse has a kind of rubberized finish so it feels somewhat smooth to the touch. And the mouse 1 and 2 buttons have a nice, solid feel to them.

The mouse is ambidextrous, so along with the ability to tilt it, it has 2 buttons on either side that are programmable, as well as a kind of top hat button on the left side for flipping through dpi and profile management programmed settings. I would also like to mention that the mouse has good feet on it. It slides very smooth on my Ladon Gaming mouse pad. One other notable feature is that it has a nice little contraption on the front of it attaching the cord to the body that prevents the mouse cord from being yanked out. It looks like it could withstand quite a hard pull on it.
All in all I feel that this mouse is a great investment for your gaming Rig. It has an aluminum body that has a very solid feel and looks to be a keeper in my opinion. The only con at this point in time I have with it is the mouse wheel. I wish it was a smooth feel when I scroll with it. But who knows, it may be the way it was intended and I am just not accustomed to it yet. It is by no way a reason to deter from buying this product trying it out.

Some specs listed from [...] for the Level 10 M Gaming Mouse.

Colors available: Diamond Black, Iron White, Military Green, and Blazing Red
Industrial Rubber-Coating: Yes
Weight: 185g
Gold-Plated USB: Yes
Dimension: 147x67.5x38.8mm

I hope you have enjoyed this review and that it has been informative to you and will help aid you in making a decision about this product. Have a great day!
on October 18, 2014
Save your money & buy something that's true & tried. The mouse works "ok" in the wired mode once you change the lift off control setting in the software to high. With the default lift off setting the mouse has a really hard time recognizing alot of surfaces. The wireless mode is pretty much useless, too much stuttering & hesitation. Also when you have it plugged in to charge, the software says its fully charged, but when you go back to wireless, it only shows half charged. I can also see a problem where the plug-in wire won't last very long the way they have it set up, you have to lift the plug assy off of a bracket each time you want to charge it. They should have had a separate direct plug-in port for charging, rather than swapping out the wireless module with the charging cable each time. The cooling holes on it are pretty much just for looks. The feel of it is alright with the battery pack on the right side of the mouse compared to their wired version.
Overall I can only give it 1 star since I bought it for the wireless function but can only use the wired mode.
on July 26, 2013
Update: The more I use this mouse the more I love it. I cant believe anyone would rate this mouse lower then a 4.5 or 5.

If your coming from a basic OEM mouse, or even a R.A.T., then yes this mouse is going to take some time to get used to.

Everyone uses a mouse a little bit differently but this mouse is obviously designed for the following grip:(if your right handed)

Thumb = Left side buttons
Index = Left click pad
Middle = Scroll wheel
Ring = Right click pad
Pinkie = Right side buttons

This mouse is designed to utilize your entire hand NOT JUST 2 fingers and thats why they didnt include a thumb or pinkie rest.
This is also why the buttons on the side are so "large"

If you refuse to adjust your grip and/or your thinking of what a controller (mouse) can do then this device is not for you.

I love everything about this mouse. Its design is outstanding, its form is a work of art, and it function is transforming.

I build high-end custom gaming and home theater computers and this mouse is the first one I recommend with them.
on October 17, 2014
Delivered box was fine but inside was not fine.
What the.....
review image
on September 18, 2014
Was an okay mouse at first, then the mouse 1 button stopped working after a month. I'm now having to resort to a five year old mouse that still works while I find a replacement.
on October 25, 2013
While this is a VERY NICE MOUSE of extremely high quality, I thought it was a programmable multi button mouse... It's not.
It's a regular 2 button mouse with scroll wheel which acts as a third button.

There are a few other buttons that run macros you can configure in the software package which lets you switch between profiles in a hurry but the buttons are NOT programmable to specific key functions etc, which is what I needed so I was a little let down in that respect.

If you need a good macro running mouse, this is a great buy. Its basically a SUPER HIGH, (literally aircraft grade quality lol!) 3 button mouse. It's heavy and feels expensive! lol.
Would be a great gift for someone who knows quality and doesn't need keyboard-specific programmable buttons.
on November 5, 2014
As a previous reviewer reported, wired mode works fine; but wireless mode is worthless. Frequently, and at seemingly random moments, performance will degrade for several seconds as if the light has suddenly hit a nonreflective surface. This behavior only manifests in wireless mode.
on May 9, 2015
POSITIVES - After opening up the packaging and putting this mouse into your hand, you will notice a few things off the bat. First, its pretty heavy as far as mice go. This is due to its solid construction, which is the second thing you will notice about it. Although it has its share of plastics, the mouse boasts some metal in the construction, which pays off in terms of a high build standard. It really does have a feel of quality while its in your hands; its definitely not like many mice that feel light and a bit flimsy.

Next, the top of the mouse has a sweat-resistant, almost textured surface to it. It feels very smooth in your hand and quite comfortable. The sides however do not have the same surface, but this was not a real issue in my opinion. So overall, the look and initial feel of the mouse is pretty strong.

The mouse has a pretty good selection of buttons as well, providing two additional buttons on the right side of the mouse, and two on the left (with an additional DPI toggle switch set on the left as well). In total it gives you 7 buttons, which is plenty for FPS, RTS, and to a degree, MMO's. The mouse pulls off a good job in providing enough buttons to mash without being too clunky.

The software for the Level 10, although lacking some bells and whistles of higher end mice, is quite good. I didn't have any issues using it, and the format of the program was very straightforward and easy to navigate. It took me little to no time to find what I wanted, and alter whatever I wanted to change in the customization menus. There's lots of options in terms of profiles and DPI settings, and said setting changes are indicated by LED light changes on the mouse. The lighting options were not bad either, but my only complaint was the narrow selection of colors offered. However, it does offer a very nice "breathing" option in the lighting, and I have to say that effect in conjunction with the Thermaltake logo under the palmrest of the mouse is pretty awesome looking.

One aspect of note as well, the mouse offers multiple sizing options as well as a "tilt" function that allows the top of the mouse to lean from left to right. It also comes with a small allen wrench-like tool to adjust some of the dimensions of the mouse. This will come in handy, as the mouse can be a bit clunky at times. Which brings me to the Negatives...

NEGATIVES - The main point to take away from this review about this mouse is this: IT IS NOT FOR SMALL HANDS, AND NOT IDEAL FOR CLAW-GRIP MOUSE USERS. I have hands that are smaller than average, and this ended up being a detriment in terms of mouse performance. The mouse is quite large and bulky, and although you can adjust the height and other dimensions to make it more forgiving to a degree for smaller hands, you cannot shorten the length in any way. This makes the mouse fairly one-dimensional, in that it really caters to people with large hands, or who prefer a large mouse, or utilize a fully extended hand during mouse use. Even with the latter, you better have a large hand.

The hand issue also extends to the buttons to a degree. I really liked the thumb switch on the left side of the mouse, which is the DPI profile switch. However, while having to switch DPI settings while utilizing the other side buttons, whether they be the left side or right side buttons, made it quite a stretch for my hand. Again, this mouse is catered to large hands.

In addition, and although I didn't consider this to be a negative though I can see others seeing it that way, this mouse favors those with a 3-fingered mouse hold. It really is built to have your index finger on the left click, your middle finger over the scroll wheel, and your ring finger on the right click. If you try and use this mouse with a traditional 2-finger grip, you'll have problems using some of the side buttons, such as your ring and pinkey being smashed alongside some of the right sided buttons and cause accidental clicks. I use a 3-finger mouse hold anyway so it was fine for me, but if you yourself don't you'll have to make an adjustment.

While using it, I've noticed some occasional tracking issues, which as far as I can tell is due to the sensor being easily agitated by even minute amounts of dust. Every day or so, it has tracking issues and I realized that I have to check the bottom for any amount of dust being in or around the sensor. If there is, and I clean it out, the tracking comes back to normal. Other mice I use (even on the same mouse pad), don't have this problem. So as far as I can tell, its just got a very finicky sensor in that even a spec or two of dust can throw it off.

FINAL THOUGHTS - Bottom line, this mouse really does have a lot going for it. Great build quality combined with very pleasing aesthetics as well as a unique design definitely makes it stand out. Unfortunately.....a lot of this is negated by the size of the mouse itself. Its simply too large which narrows its ideal audience. If you have large hands and you utilize a full hand, 3-finger grip...stop what your doing and buy this mouse. If you don't, you will probably have issues with it in one form or another.
on April 16, 2015
So here is a non-technical and completely biased review that I felt I had to post considering all the other non-technical and biased reviews that are on here exclaiming how great this... thing... is.

I'll rate things as they come to mind in no particular order of importance.

Prettiness - This mouse is gorgeous. I had a R.A.T.7 a few years ago and loved the look (and feel) of it, and I had thought to myself, wow, this looks like that, but more sleek and glowy! So for that, it earns a star (yay).

Comfort - I've read reviews about needing to "adjust to it" and "rethink your gripping style"... I've found that the only way to comfortably grip this mouse without hitting every side button and changing your DPI to nothing is to hold your hand as though it were a pancake, tilt the mouse sideways so that the cable is in line with your index finger, and hope to god you have a finger long enough to actuate the primary button.

Functionality - Very smooth feel when roaming the mouse pad (perk!). This is, however, only attainable by gripping the mouse. The only way I had found to do this was to disable the B and D buttons, and this little stick that was more annoying than useful. Then it became a chore to actually click the primary mouse button. Being that this thing is 20 feet long </sarcasm> it puts my normal resting position of my palm as such that the tip of my index finger extends over the bottom half of the button, which you would think, hey it's a pretty big button right? Too bad it's a dead zone and won't actually press the switch underneath unless you have the poke of an elder god. So I re-position my hand to a more uncomfortable position, and I'm able to click the button... with excessive force needed. Oh, also they took the term "mouse" a little too literally, and every time I clicked, it would squeak. Guess that was an added feature...

Features - Well, since I had to disable most of the buttons in order to just move it from one side of the mouse pad to the other, I would say that it has the same or less features of a generic internet mouse. Also those features are more annoying and less functional.

Other - The weight of this mouse is perfect, the rubberized grip is neat, and it's little ding dong that holds the cable in front is cute (I read a review about this keeping you from pulling the cable out of the end? Seriously... do you just randomly spasm out and jerk your mouse in to oblivion? Because in my 22 years of using PC's... I've never ONCE had a mouse do that) Lets see.. oh, of course, the whole adjusting thing with the little tool and all that... yeah... just stop... please... If I wanted to make adjustments that didn't actually enhance anything, I would have at least made it so that the tool could be stored somewhere in the hollowness of this heap (maybe next to it's ding dong?) That way you don't lose said tool when you decide to return it.

So there you have it... in a nutshell I suppose. The cons outweigh the pros and once I find that stupid little tool, this puppies getting sent back to the stacks.