5.0 out of 5 stars this is a true sippy cup!
Published on April 20, 2012 by 1angelea

1.0 out of 5 stars Best I've tried - Updated
Published 17 months ago by KayCeeOh

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a true sippy cup!, April 20, 2012
This review is from: Thermos FOOGO Phases Stainless Steel Sippy Cup, 7 Ounce, Blue/Yellow (Baby Product)
I am really excited that I was able to find an actual sippy cup that is leak proof. I love the stainless steal, sweat proof, and that its insulated. Another thing i love about this cup is the design of the lid. I have always used playtex insulated cups until i came upon this one! With this lid u can actually clean ur childs cup properly. I always hated cleaning every sippy cup i have came upon because i felt like it was not properly clean and my child was drinking out of a dirty cup. The other cups are very hard to get the spout properly cleaned. especially the ones with the hard spout. I know this cup is pricey but i will only use these from now on! I love it. And another thing the reason i came about these cups is because i had bought the playtex insulated cups but my son wouldn't take them and I was at target and handed him one of this cups after the spout was cleaned and he instantly took to it! This cup is cheaper at target. it is 12.99 at target. So if u can buy this one from target. However the 10 ounce cup on here is cheaper online from amazon then from target. the 10 ounce is 13.99 at target. Love these cups!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this cup!, August 17, 2011
We've been using this cup for 3 years now for my daughter and will be buying the blue one for my son. It's a great cup that just needs to be taken care of. I've NEVER seen anything get into the spout. I do wish there was a cover, but it's fine. You can definitely get your finger in there to get it clean and get the "gunk" out. Also, the only reason it will leak is if the parts are wet when you put them together. Same as a baby bottle. Just need to wipe them off first. Then tighten it and if it leaks, just loosen up the cap ever so slightly to let some air through and you can create a seal and it won't leak.

The best part is that my son is 9 months and HATES a normal hard spout sippy cup but is able to drink from this soft spout one and loves it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Best I've tried - Updated, March 10, 2013
My sister knows how picky I am, and when it was time for my twins to try sippy cups, she got me three sets of the best sippy cups she could find. The foogo is the only one I still use. The Oxo has a nice, simple design, but babies throw sippy cups and unfortunately, the Oxo's silicone valve falls out on impact. The Green Sprouts cup is flimsy, and the handles are useless, but now that my kids don't need the handles anymore maybe I'll give them another try, if only to let the Foogo's dry once in a while! The Foogo does keep everything cool and fresh, and I've only seen it leak once. I suppose that must have been my fault. My brats do love to stick their fingers in the spouts so that a little bit of the beverage squirts out. Oh well, it's a crime scene whenever they eat, and it's such a small amount, anyway. The main complaint I DO have with these cups is that the plastic base comes unglued, which isn't the end of the world, but you do have to separate the base and wash and dry it separately, so that water doesn't collect inside and either get nasty, or leak down the side of the cup next time you use it. Four and a half stars. I'm here to buy more!

***UPDATE*** Well I bought two more, but they turned out to be a different (newer I suppose) version, with very different parts. Honestly, I don't know how they made it out of R&D. The way the "leak proof" cover is configured, it it impossible to put together correctly, and it leaks nine times out of ten. This is NOT ACCEPTABLE with two impatient toddlers throwing a fit in the background. When I do use the cups, it's only for water, and I dread assembling the things and then holding my breath while I tilt them sideways and wait for the dripping to start. Absolutely infuriating.
On the bright side, they're nice-looking, and the plastic bases haven't fallen off yet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sucky , oops, I mean Sippy Cup ., November 28, 2013
I so wanted this cup to work so I could have a safe non-plastic drinking cup for my toddler. Unfortunately I was never able to use this as a sippy cup for either of my sons. The flow is too fast for kids under 2 to drink and it leaks. My kids were able to push the spout down into the cup as they drank. ??? If you use the safety do-dad that fits under the spout the kids can't suck any liquid out. This cup does not work I wound up taking the top off and just using it as a regular cup. Don't waste your money!

1.0 out of 5 stars Great sippy cup! (NOT), June 18, 2013
I have nothing to compare this sippy cup to because this is the only one we've used, but we've been very happy with it! It's five pieces all together; the cup, the handle, the silicone spout, they grey piece that covers the spout and a white plastic piece that attaches to the underside of the silicone piece. I find it easy enough to wash and assemble. We have 2 to rotate.

This cup doesn't leak if it's properly assembled and the top is screwed on tightly. After my son drinks from it there is water left if the spout that will leak out. If you shake the cup to TRY and make it leak then it will.

Cold water without ice will stay cold no matter what the outside conditions are for about 6 or 7 hours. With ice liquid will stay cold all day long, like 12 hours! Yes, even if it's left in the hot car all day.

I chose this sippy cup because I hate plastic and it was the only option I could find that wasn't made entirely of plastic. I gave it 4 stars instead of five because the white plastic piece that attaches to the bottom of the silicone spout is made of plastic and does come in contact with fluids.

EDIT:
About a month ago 1 out of 2 of our sippy sups became terribly leaky. It would literally leak it's entire contents out all over the floor in less than 30 minutes. Today the same thing happened to our other one! For a $13 sippy cup I think this is absolutely unacceptable. Save your money and don't waste your time with this garbage.

1.0 out of 5 stars leak, leak, leak, June 23, 2011
Leaking is an under statement. I purchased four of these cups and they all leaked! They just poured out milk or juice as soon as my son tilted them up to drink. Don't buy them!

3.0 out of 5 stars I want to give this 5 stars BUT, May 25, 2014
This is an awesome product and is worth buying.
I'm being harsh and giving it a lower rating in hopes that someone from Thermos will read this and consider selling parts separately.
The metal and hard plastic part are insanely durable. We've dropped/kicked/punched our cup(s) in every environment and it still keeps things at temp for a long time.
The soft sipper is great for teethers, but it gets chewed up, which is fine if I could just buy a replacement. I'd pay the full price of the cup for a replacement piece! I hate thinking that there are metal cups sitting in a landfill or using extra energy to be sent off to some far off place to be melted and remade when it itself is perfectly functional and needed. PLEASE THERMOS, sell replacements! (I contacted them a month ago and they did not sell replacements.)

2.0 out of 5 stars Leaks and doesn't fit in cup holders, July 26, 2013
This one leaked right away and it doesn't fin in our high chair or car seat cup holders. Not worth the cost, other ones are far better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly leak proof, but I love it, June 22, 2014
Crusader Rabbit "HeadInTheClouds" (North Hollywood, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This is one of the best zippy cups around, (that aren't plastic). I only wish it came with a cap, as it does leak a little in my bag or son's lunch bag when turned sideways or upside down. Not enough that I wouldn't re-purchase, but something I hope they change in future cups. The spout is not plastic, it's silicone and the body is stainless steel. My son drinks from it easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars No leaks, great for breastfed babies, June 2, 2014
I just ordered my third one of these sippy cups for my toddler. We love them! As soon as we figured out that the silicone spout piece twists so the seal breaks if the plastic cap is screwed on too tight, we have not had any problems with leaking. You just have to screw the lid on until it's tight, but not as tight as it will go. The drink in the cup flows easily when the child sucks from the spout, but the cup is spill-proof. My son is breastfed, and other sippy cups that require the baby to bite the spout were causing him to bite me while nursing. After introducing this cup, that problem stopped. The stainless steel keeps drinks cold for several hours, and the silicone mouthpiece has held up to biting. Overall, a great sippy cup.

Rate and Discover Movies