1,138 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Advice for cleaning and to keep food hot longer...
Published on July 16, 2008 by Mel_Cali

3.0 out of 5 stars Really wanted to like this (Review updated 1/21/11)
Published on January 16, 2011 by Tanyalee Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Really wanted to like this (Review updated 1/21/11), January 16, 2011
I dont know what I could be doing wrong. I tried this 5 times in 2 days and was very dissapointed. I am really stressing trying to find a good thermos that works for my daughter at day care. I dont microwave any of her food so I want to give her warm options at daycare. I read all the great reviews and thought this would be perfect. I boiled water put it in the cup for 12 minutes. Heated the pasta to very hot and after dumping the water out of the thermos immediately put the pasta in so I would not let any heat escape. I screwed the lid on tight and made sure it was on properly. 3 hours later the pasta is cold. What am I doing wrong?? It must be me since so many people have had good experiences. There are 4 hours between when I make lunch and my daughter eats there is no way this would stay warm for that long. I think maybe liquids would stay warm in this but not regular foods. Did I just get a faulty thermos? I really wanted to keep this its really cute to. My sister said stainless steel thermos's never worked for her either, maybe I will try the plastic insulated kind.

REVIEW UPDATE 1/21/11
Instead of returning this item I had amazon replace it. I figured since so many people on so many websites gave this a good review that there must have been an issue with my food jar. I am not entirely convinced that every reviewers food jar worked I really doubt some tested it before they sent there child out with it. But like a said I ordered a replacement tested it last night 1/20/10 and it 4 hours later the food was still quite warm, perfect temperature for my 1 year old. So I think that maybe my original food jar had a faulty vacuum which if it fails will not keep food warm. I plan on testing it a few more times over the weekend before sending her out with it but it was warm at 2 hours and warm at 4 hours. My first food jar didnt even keep the food warm for an hour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Advice for cleaning and to keep food hot longer..., July 16, 2008
I had the same problem as another reviewer with discoloration from stuff like spaghetti-o's. It sounds a little strange, but try spraying a little PAM on a paper towel and rubbing it on the 'rubbery' surfaces - worked for me with my daughter's thermoses like this. I've also found that washing on the top rack of the dishwasher gets the stains (and the gross greasy residue from condensed chicken noodle soup) out very well. To keep things hotter longer, fill the thermos with the hottest tap water you can, put the lid on and leave it sit awhile, then dump out the water and fill with the hot food. It'll still be quite warm at lunch time. Hope that helps. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars I did a detailed test.., February 15, 2013
Robert Silvers (Marshfield, MA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought three of these, and tested them all at once.

First I put hot tap water into them for a minute or so. The water was 115 degrees as indicated by a Taylor Digital Instant-Read Pocket Thermometer. I opted not to use boiling water for the pre-heat because that seemed too much of a burden to make a routine.

I then put in boiling-hot water, which was verified as 212 degrees F, again using the Taylor Digital Instant-Read Pocket Thermometer.

I sealed all three jars. The room temp in the kitchen was 65 degrees F - just a bit colder than "room temperature."

After exactly three hours, I opened one of them, and the water was 152 degrees F.

After exactly four hours, I opened the second one, and the water was 147 degrees F.

After exactly five hours, I opened the third one, and the water was 138 degrees F.

I also did a real food test - using Progresso Light Beef Soup. First I filled the Foogo with 116 degree tap water and let the cover sit on it while I microwaved the soup for 4 minutes. The soup pretty much refused to get over 180 F, so I did not have high hopes for it staying hot for a full 5 hours.

After 5 hours, the soup was 126 degrees. Eating it was not what I would call hot, but it was as warm as our dinner often is by the time the kids settle down and we actually start eating. My wife tried it, and thought it was fine. So 5 hours is doable, but is a practical limit.

Conclusion - the product works as claimed and the food will stay hot for five hours if it starts out boiling hot, the jar is at least minimally pre-warmed with hot water from a tap, and the jar is stored at room temp.

If boiling hot food is cold after an hour as a few have said, you should exchange it for another one - probably didn't have the vacuum seal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little thermos, March 13, 2008
Bought for older kids (8 and 12)--perfect, fits in lunchbox, keeps food hot until lunch (almost too hot), good size for spooning out of, washes easily, no scratches yet after a couple weeks of use, seems very durable and NO LEAKS! Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great..., March 7, 2008
We just moved to colder climates last year so sandwich and chips just wasn't enough for our kids on cold days. My wife was trying to pack them a bowl that they could heat in the school microwave but our kids complained at the length of the line to the microwave.

We wanted to get a thermos that looked nice, encourages the kids to bring it back home, and was functional at the same time. So we picked these up because we could get different colors for each of the kids.

Now my wife will make them some hot soup at about 7:30 in the morning and by lunch time at 12:30 the kids have said everything is still hot. The other nice thing is they say all there friends comment them on their thermos.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new BFF, September 8, 2011
H (Santa Cruz, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thermos FOOGO Stainless Steel Food Jar, Blue, 10 Ounce (Baby Product)
I am an adult who loves this thermos. It's been a lifesaver! It's everything I've ever dreamed of for the past 4 years! I had no idea such a thing existed. And I can't believe in all these years, no one had suggested I get a food thermos! When I think thermos, I think beverage, not food. Never crossed my mind.

I work in an office with no microwave. The owner of the company believes microwaves make her sick, so we don't have one. I work for a very small business and literally have no co-workers, so I'm the only one who has to suffer and can't organize any sort of protest over a seemingly frivolous issue. I also only get 30 minutes for lunch, which isn't enough time to go out somewhere to eat (nor do I get paid well enough to do that anyway). So for the past 4 years, every single workday for lunch been limited to the option of yogurt or a cold sandwich. It is SO boring. Yogurt is quick since I can just grab it and go, but totally unfilling. I'm starving again after like, 4 minutes. Sandwiches require preparation and make me late for work. I don't even really like sandwiches...Both become extremely boring, monotonous, tasteless and unsatisfying after being limited to these two options every single weekday for 4 years straight. Some people can choke down cold food that is traditionally eaten hot, but I'm a bit of a picky eater and don't have such talent. On top of that, my office is a cave and all I want by the time lunch rolls around is something nice and HOT to put into my body and warm me up. My job sucks enough as it is - at the very least I want to be able to enjoy my short lunch break, right? It got to the point where I just couldn't stand it anymore and decided to try to find a new job working for a place that had a microwave (so like, any job but this one).

Then I found this amazing, magical thermos!!! And it works really well! In the morning, I just heat up some leftovers in my microwave from last night's dinner, get it to nuclear temperature while I'm getting ready for work, dump it in the thermos and 5 hours later when it's time for lunch, it's the perfect amount of hotness. There is such an overwhelming variety of things I can eat for lunch now! Stews, soups, chili, pasta, macaroni, indian food, noodles and more! Such novelties!! I can eat lunch now and without wanting to throw up from being so ultra sick of everything! I am never eating yogurt or a sandwich ever again! Best $15 I've ever spent.

I am still looking for a new job, but for reasons other than a lack of microwave. Go thermos!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size and hasn't leaked, June 2, 2010
ajaz (Tucson, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
I use this for my daughter to take soup to school. She hasn't had any problems with it and I like that it comes back home without having leaked in her lunch bag. Works great and the size is not too big - just right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Foogo keeps food hot!!, May 9, 2010
Gr8bluheron (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
Very easy to use. Just fill with very hot (boiling) water for 5 - 10 minutes and then pop your hot soup, stew, whatever into the Foogo. It's still hot (not warm)after 4 - 5 hours. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Product label says it all., December 13, 2009
KSMF (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
Great thermos to keep food hot for my child. Leak-proof yet my
5 year old is able to open it.

4.0 out of 5 stars No leaks -- and BPA free, January 22, 2008
My daughter loves soup and other warm foods for lunch, so we gave this a try. It works very well! No leaks so far ... More importantly, it is made with BPA-free plastic. Another reviewer needs to realize that just because an item is made in China doesn't necessarily mean it's hazardous!

Thermos FOOGO Stainless Steel Food Jar, Blue, 10 Ounce