Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now HTL

Color: Blue/YellowChange

on January 16, 2011
I dont know what I could be doing wrong. I tried this 5 times in 2 days and was very dissapointed. I am really stressing trying to find a good thermos that works for my daughter at day care. I dont microwave any of her food so I want to give her warm options at daycare. I read all the great reviews and thought this would be perfect. I boiled water put it in the cup for 12 minutes. Heated the pasta to very hot and after dumping the water out of the thermos immediately put the pasta in so I would not let any heat escape. I screwed the lid on tight and made sure it was on properly. 3 hours later the pasta is cold. What am I doing wrong?? It must be me since so many people have had good experiences. There are 4 hours between when I make lunch and my daughter eats there is no way this would stay warm for that long. I think maybe liquids would stay warm in this but not regular foods. Did I just get a faulty thermos? I really wanted to keep this its really cute to. My sister said stainless steel thermos's never worked for her either, maybe I will try the plastic insulated kind.

Instead of returning this item I had amazon replace it. I figured since so many people on so many websites gave this a good review that there must have been an issue with my food jar. I am not entirely convinced that every reviewers food jar worked I really doubt some tested it before they sent there child out with it. But like a said I ordered a replacement tested it last night 1/20/10 and it 4 hours later the food was still quite warm, perfect temperature for my 1 year old. So I think that maybe my original food jar had a faulty vacuum which if it fails will not keep food warm. I plan on testing it a few more times over the weekend before sending her out with it but it was warm at 2 hours and warm at 4 hours. My first food jar didnt even keep the food warm for an hour.
1515 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 15, 2013
I bought three of these, and tested them all at once.

First I put hot tap water into them for a minute or so. The water was 115 degrees as indicated by a Taylor Digital Instant-Read Pocket Thermometer. I opted not to use boiling water for the pre-heat because that seemed too much of a burden to make a routine.

I then put in boiling-hot water, which was verified as 212 degrees F, again using the Taylor Digital Instant-Read Pocket Thermometer.

I sealed all three jars. The room temp in the kitchen was 65 degrees F - just a bit colder than "room temperature."

After exactly three hours, I opened one of them, and the water was 152 degrees F.

After exactly four hours, I opened the second one, and the water was 147 degrees F.

After exactly five hours, I opened the third one, and the water was 138 degrees F.

I also did a real food test - using Progresso Light Beef Soup. First I filled the Foogo with 116 degree tap water and let the cover sit on it while I microwaved the soup for 4 minutes. The soup pretty much refused to get over 180 F, so I did not have high hopes for it staying hot for a full 5 hours.

After 5 hours, the soup was 126 degrees. Eating it was not what I would call hot, but it was as warm as our dinner often is by the time the kids settle down and we actually start eating. My wife tried it, and thought it was fine. So 5 hours is doable, but is a practical limit.

Conclusion - the product works as claimed and the food will stay hot for five hours if it starts out boiling hot, the jar is at least minimally pre-warmed with hot water from a tap, and the jar is stored at room temp.

If boiling hot food is cold after an hour as a few have said, you should exchange it for another one - probably didn't have the vacuum seal.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 16, 2008
I had the same problem as another reviewer with discoloration from stuff like spaghetti-o's. It sounds a little strange, but try spraying a little PAM on a paper towel and rubbing it on the 'rubbery' surfaces - worked for me with my daughter's thermoses like this. I've also found that washing on the top rack of the dishwasher gets the stains (and the gross greasy residue from condensed chicken noodle soup) out very well. To keep things hotter longer, fill the thermos with the hottest tap water you can, put the lid on and leave it sit awhile, then dump out the water and fill with the hot food. It'll still be quite warm at lunch time. Hope that helps. :)
on March 16, 2015
It's only been 6 months and my husband decided to take out the gasket to clean the top. There were these black marks that look like mold all over it. Not 100% sure what is it but most likely not going to buy this product again. And there is no replacement gasket for the product.
review image review image
on June 2, 2010
I use this for my daughter to take soup to school. She hasn't had any problems with it and I like that it comes back home without having leaked in her lunch bag. Works great and the size is not too big - just right.
on February 7, 2012
The lid on this thermos is poorly designed: food gets stuck in the groove and unless you scrape it out by jamming a knife and paper towel in the groove, the crud will stay there and generate mold. Also, the lid often does not secure well, as the threads to screw it are not tight enough.
on June 29, 2013
I am so disappointed with this purchase. The reviews were overwhelmingly fantastic, and even the negative reviews seem a bit like random unfortunate bad experiences that happen with all products. However, I didn't even need to use this to know it's not for me. Now I'm stuck figuring out whether it's worth returning.

It's the lid. it's designed in a way that food will get trapped into the crevice the runs around the inside of the lid. I can imagine using a knife to clean it out, but not sure how much it will help. Probably lots of soaking. I don't think it will be worth my time.

I have so many different brands of bottles and thermoses and am very particular. For example, a few years ago it was a huge relief to find water bottles that could be used for smoothies, since caps needed to be simple. Too many caps had moving parts and crevices that made washing difficult after smoothies. So it was a huge deal to start seeing bottles being pitched for smoothies, with caps that would make cleaning easy.

Why is this an issue? Because all the trapped gunk will build up into mold and it's something that occasionally will come out in ugly gunks right into your food/drinks.

The caps of food thermoses are no different. The caps have to be equally washable and made to avoid food being trapped. This product does not do that.

This product's cap does exactly the opposite. It's designed to trap food and no way to make cleaning easy.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 9, 2010
Very easy to use. Just fill with very hot (boiling) water for 5 - 10 minutes and then pop your hot soup, stew, whatever into the Foogo. It's still hot (not warm)after 4 - 5 hours. Love it.
on May 24, 2015
This is an extremely useful and excellent product. We were looking for a thermos for lunches for my kids. Frankly, the product just plain works and works extremely well. I can put noodles, steak, or any hot food in there. The food is still hot in the lunches 4-5 hours later. The opening on the mouth is large so there are no issues with retrieving them with a fork or spoon.
Helpful hint: put hot water in the thermos and leave in there for 5-10 min. before you need to put in your hot food. This makes the thermos walls already hot and assists with keeping the food hotter longer.
on December 13, 2009
Great thermos to keep food hot for my child. Leak-proof yet my
5 year old is able to open it.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse