Thermos Nissan 61 Ounce Stainless Steel Bottle w/ Folding Handle

I'm a truck driver , This product is everything I expected . Keeps about 1/2 gallon of coffee piping hot for well over 12 hours , Preheat first . **( Enjoy !!! )**

Published on May 3, 2009 by Vasvan

2.0 out of 5 stars Used for only five months and now the inner surface is broken
I bought this product in Feb and it was working great until i found out that the inner bottom layer is broken. Part of the silver layer is gone and others are coming up. That make me really mad cuz this product costs me like $40 and it only lasts for this short period.
Published 18 months ago by Meng Huang

5.0 out of 5 stars Thermos Nissan 61 Ounce Stainless Steel Bottle w/ Folding Handle, May 3, 2009
Vasvan (Oregon Coast , USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thermos 61 Ounce Stainless Steel Bottle with Folding Handle (Kitchen)
Thermos Nissan 61 Ounce Stainless Steel Bottle w/ Folding Handle

*** Update - I've been using this product 5 days a week for over two years now . Still going strong . Recently I cleaned the inside for the first time with a few tablespoons of calcium carbonate ( you can buy it here on Amazon , or make your own by grinding clean-dry eggshells into a fine powder . Were you aware that eggshells are 93% calcium carbonate ? ) and very hot water . Let sit overnight , shake every few hours then rinse well three times in the morning . Bye-Bye bitter build up . Clean as a whistle . Awesome Thermos !!!

*** Update #2 - Four years and still going strong ! That's a lot of coffee , mercy .

5.0 out of 5 stars Seriously......A bargain, January 15, 2009
I don't feel the need to write reviews very often, pretty much only when I'm extremely impressed, or extremely unimpressed by a product. I had purchased a 2 quart Stanley Thermos not too long ago and found it to be horrible, and their customer service was even worse (check my review). After finding out that Stanley would not stand behind their product I decided to go elsewhere. After reading the excellent reviews for Thermos products I decided to try out the 61-ounce. The first night after I brought it home I decided to test it out, so I filled it with hot tap water and set it out on my front porch in zero degree weather overnight (11 hours). I opened it the next morning and the water felt just as hot as the night before....Amazing! My Stanley won't keep coffee hot for 4 hours in moderate temperatures! I have no doubt that this product will keep liquids hot or cold for 24 hours just as the company states. Definitely pick one up......I promise, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thermos Nissan surpasses ANY expectations, September 16, 2009
I had read that the Thermos Nissan insulated bottle was one of the best, if not THE best. I decided to 'give it a go', so I ordered the 61 ounce container. I tested it for heat retention only. Normally, on my Stanley insulated bottle, I would pre-heat the container by filling it with boiling water, sealing it and leaving it for approximately 30 minutes. I'd then empty it and then immediately fill it with my hot coffee. I prefer my coffee to be hotter than the average person likes it. Even tho' Stanley had been considered a 'benchmark' in insultated containers, I was never even slightly impressed with Stanley's ability to keep things hot.

With the Thermos Nissan container, I did NOT pre-heat the container with boiling water. What I DID do was fill to it the top with microwaved boiling water. I capped it, left it in an 80 degree environment, then waited. After 6 hours, I poured out approximately 16 ounces of hot water. The temperature might have dropped 10 degrees, still leaving the liquid far too hot to consider drinking. Great! After 6 more hours, I poured out another 16 ounces. The water scalded my lip as I tried to sip a few molecules. Hot dog! I have a REAL insulating container here, people! After waiting 6 more hours, I poured out another 16 ounces. The temperature was dropping, but I still had to blow on it before sipping. After 5 more hours, for a total of 23 hours, I poured out the remaining water. The water was now close to my normal drinking temperature, still too hot for most people. Bear in mind that I started out with boiling water, but still...

It's needless to say that I am thrilled with my Thermos Nissan! What is truly amazing is that as you open and pour out a portion of the hot liquid, it's easier for the remaining hot liquid to lose heat. With the Thermos Nissan, the overall heat retention was outstanding times 10! Retaining heat, with the container being mostly empty was incredible and Thermos Nissan surpassed any and every expectation I could have ever had. If you are in the market for an insulated beverage container, THIS is it! Try as you may, you won't find a better one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Kidding When they say it keeps stuff hot for 24 hours!, February 16, 2010
P. Curran (East Coast, USA) - See all my reviews
I took both my giant 61 oz Thermos and my 16 oz food carrier, both stainless steel inside and out (!), to class with me during the blizzard here in East! I couldn't carry everything at once, so I was going to come back for it. But I got distracted with something. And of course, I forgot that both were in my trunk. They had been outside in sub-freezing temps for hours and I had little hope that my coffee and soup were even remotely warm, let alone piping hot!

But I took the lid off the Nissan Thermos first and was shocked! Not only was it hot, it was basically as hot as it was when I filled it first thing that morning! I checked the wide mouth food container and found hr same thing! The food was piping hot!

Considering they sat in my quite literally freezing trunk for about 5 hours, but still managed to keep my food piping, I'd say these Thermoses are AWESOME. Add to that they are stainless steel, both inside and out, and you have a rock solid product that is MUCH healthier than plastic poison alternatives and is ECO friendly!

Highly recommend both!

5.0 out of 5 stars Teh Mighty Thermos!, August 13, 2009
61 ounces is a lot of water, but on a really hot day mowing the lawn you might want a big jug of cold aqua pura. I bought this puppy after using a cheap plastic thermos that started leaking. Most impressive is the unit's great insulation value. Drop a tray of ice cubes into it, then fill it with water. Leave it sitting 24 hours, and you can still hear the cubes clinking around inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars rock solid, January 27, 2011
M. Browning (the D.C. 'burbs, USA) - See all my reviews
i brew fresh tea every morning to take with me to work. since i don't really like plain water and sodas are pricey, i have to haul enough with me to last the day, and finding larger-size beverage holders is rather tricky. i've gone through many different types & styles over the years, and this one may well be the best. after 5-days-a-week use for the last month, here's how i feel about it:

Cons:
-this thing weighs a ton. even empty, you could use it as a blunt weapon, if necessary. also, it's huge, so you'll need a tall cabinet to put it away into. in short, you probably won't be taking this camping, unless camping = living out of the back of your SUV for an evening.
-the handle isn't big enough to drape over your arm; the included fabric strap isn't necessary once you're at your destination. you're going to be using up a hand carrying it.

Pros:
-wow, stuff really does stay hot all day long. i don't bother to pre-heat my thermos (basically, pour hot water from the tap in first to warm up the metal, dump it out, then fill with your drink to add ~2 hours of hot time). most days, there's still a few curls of steam coming off my tea 10 hours after it's been made.
-yes, metal interior. no glass to worry about damaging with a fall, no plastic core to get warped/cracked over time.
-the cap is amazingly secure. NO leaks or drips when screwed shut, even if you don't crank it down tight, even if it tips out of the car seat and tumbles to the floor.
-the lid can double as a cup if you forget yours, though it's on a rather non-dainty scale.
-the handle folds flat to be out of the way (great when you have to store this monster in a cabinet somewhere), but has been cleverly designed to not be pinchy: i've tried to see if i can get my hand or sleeve caught in the hinge mechanism and i can't.

the mouth IS big enough you can stuff ice cubes in it, and the stainless means you will be hand-washing only. neither of these things are dealbreakers to me, but there ya go. i'm not convinced the plastic handle or base would survive multiple falls, but this model is supposedly popular with construction workers due to its durability. i'm so far convinced it was worth every penny.

EDIT: i originally posted this review in January 2011...one year later, my huge nissan thermos is still going strong. the stainless is a little scratched here and there, but not dented at all. the plastic bits have never chipped or cracked, and yes, i've dropped it a few times. the seal is still 100% functional. if ever my thermos gets lost for whatever reason, i'll be buying the exact same one next time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product... but get rid of the internal plastics please, June 3, 2011
A. SENN (Lexington, Kentucky United States) - See all my reviews
This is the best thermos I've ever owned. I use it only for coffee or green tea. There's no need for me to repeat what others have said about this thermos, as it's track record is excellent. However, I do wish to admonish Thermos for the use of plastics on surfaces meant for hot liquids. With BPAs in plastics confirmed as a health hazard, plastics should be removed from all surfaces coming in contact with (hot) liquids.

PROs:
- Mostly stainless steel interior.
- Sturdy jointed handle that folds out of the way when not needed. Great feature!
- Keeps liquids almost boiling hot for what seems over 24 hours
- You can pour liquids out without taking the top completely off. Just unscrew the cap a little.
- Holds enough coffee or tea to last all day at work, and maybe even to share.

CONs:
- Inside of screw on cap that holds liquids in is plastic! Thermos, please make one that is food grade stainless steel that can be purchased separately. Many people are aware that plastics should not be used with heated liquids or foods. This is now common knowledge! Please either change this inner cap to all stainless steel, or offer one for sale separately. Many of us are more than willing to pay extra for this to get all plastic poisons out of their food supply.
- Inside of outer cap that can be used as a cup is also plastic! Thermos, same as above please. This needs to be food grade stainless steel.

Thermos: I gave this a four star rating only because of the use of plastics on surfaces that are meant to touch the liquid. Manufacturers must understand the importance of this for the health conscious among us. The only plastic that should be used is on the outer housing of this unit. NO liquids should ever come in contact with plastic! You have an excellent product here, but there is room for improvement in this area. Please change to all stainless steel for surfaces that come in contact with liquids, or offer them as options that can be purchased separately.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, November 3, 2009
I bought this to replace a smaller Stanley vacuum bottle, which couldn't do the job for 24 hours. This Thermos will hold a pot of coffee w/milk and keep it drinkable for 24 hours. The only complaint I have is the collapsible handle is very flimsy. I don't use it to create torque for removing the lid or stopper. I'll buy another. It's the real deal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Warranty discrepency!, June 20, 2010
Agatha~Paige (North Ogden, UT United States) - See all my reviews
The product, its features, and quality are all supurb! My only complaint is that the box indicates this thermos carries a lifetime warranty. The documentation on the inside of the box indicates a limited 5-year warranty. This won't sway my satisfaction with this product, but if you are looking for the lifetime warranty, you may be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Thermos with plenty of room., December 30, 2008
Fits a 12 cup pot of coffee. I preheat it with boiling water 10 min before filling and keeps coffee hot for a long time.