1,579 Reviews
 (1,184)

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Thermos ! ! !
This really holds the food HOT. My biggest critics are my kids and they love it. They can finally take hot pasta or soup to school and have a hot meal. But, you MUST follow the instructions. I recommend that you allow the BOILING HOT water to sit in the thermos for a minimum of 15 minutes. Keep in mind you must put piping hot food into the container. The kids tell me...
Published on October 19, 2009 by DML

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell Apart, Check the 1 Star review before you buy it !
Bad quality, same problem as other 1-star reviewer. Don't be blinded by those 5-stars ! Check the Pictures before you buy it !
Published 21 months ago by AnonyMouse

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken already, May 3, 2013
I hand washed my thermos all of the the 5 times I have used it. The inner plastic cap, which was held on by very little glue, had separated from the metal cap. It will not stay on now.

Very poorly made if the cap comes unglued and breaks on the 5th hand wash cycles. Better yet, it's very poorly made if it can't withstand even a year's worth of abuse. I bought two of these and this is the first one it has happened to, but I'm just waiting now for the other one to break as well.

Not satisfied at all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, February 12, 2013
Amazon Customer (WILKES BARRE, PA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thermos Stainless King 16-Ounce Food Jar, Midnight Blue (Kitchen)
I always just trust the Thermos brand and I as very excited to purchase this for my husband to take to work. There are a lot of occasions where he just doesn't have time to leave his desk so he eats things cold. I thought this would be the perfect solution.

It was perfect...for a single use. He heated soup, put it in around 7am, had it for lunch and put the container back in his lunch bag to be washed at home. When he took it back out of his bag, the metal top had come apart from the plastic "bowl" part inside of it. It's just glue holding them together but you would think they would be using a glue that could withstand temperature changes given the way the product is advertised.

Aside from this, it kept the soup scalding hot (he said it was even hotter than when he put it in), was convenient and he had no issues eating it from the container with the spoon provided.

He is going to try to re-glue them and keep using it but I am extremely disappointed in this quality. If such a thing had happened after a few weeks or months, I would chalk it up to husband wear and tear. Obviously this was not the case. I expected more from such a popular item from such a company...

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, good design too, September 11, 2009
I bought this as a birthday present for my girlfriend to take warm lunches to work. I was worried that it might be too small, and that the food would get cold. She says neither is true. She loves it and says that it keeps her lunches hot. Forget about the included spoon, that's just a marketing gimmick. I'm thinking of buying one for myself now.

1.0 out of 5 stars It fell apart!, June 9, 2012
The bottom fell off after just about 4 weeks of use. That is just a very badly made item. Very dissappointing!

1.0 out of 5 stars the top and bottom part keep falling off, March 26, 2013
this is my 2nd buy, I hoped the 1st one is just rare case. but no, same issue, after a month of use, the top and bottom all falled off, note that I did not wash with dish washer, I hand wash it every time. I wonder if anyone else had this issue. It happened to me me twice. I have to look for other replacement now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell Apart, October 27, 2012
This thermos completely fell apart, the bottom fell off, the silver part of the top separated from the plastic, and it started chipping. All this after 2 months of use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible product, May 6, 2013
I can't believe that I'm writting this review about a Thermos product. The instructions said that you could wash the thermos in the dishwasher but, after about 7 washes, it has fallen apart. It's like the glue that held the pieces of the thermos together just melted. So, if you still want to purchase this item, make sure to hand wash.

I also did not like the narrow opening which made putting food into the container challenging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect - I know it's just a Thermos, but... I LOVE it!, May 30, 2011
Indolent (Ohio, USA/London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought a couple of these last year for me and my husband so that I can pack soup for us to take to work for lunch. I'd previously bought another product that didn't keep the soup hot and leaked all over the place, so was looking around for something from a more reliable manufacturer that would also meet my requirement of being able to fit in the available space in our lunch bags, with a lid that doubles as a bowl to eat from. We have this Laptop Lunch System 2.0 Power Lunch, Red, and there's just enough room in the carrying case to squeeze in a thermos if you can find one of the right size... the Stainless King was it!

First of all, I love the appearance of these. They're really nice, a very dark purplish-blue color stainless steel, with silver-colored outer lid/bowl. The inner lid screws on VERY tightly, preventing any of the leaking problems I had with the previous (off-brand) thermoses I bought, and also has a clever little telescoping spoon that clips into it. I've never actually used my spoon, but it's nice to know that it's there!

The jar keeps food PIPING hot for hours - I fill mine at around 7am, and when I open it at around 1pm, a ton of steam escapes and the food is still very hot. I will usually boil a kettle, fill the jars with boiling water and close the inner lids tightly to warm the jars up while I heat the soup (or whatever we're eating that day), then quickly discard the boiling water and replace it with soup (etc) and put the lid back on tightly so as not to let any heat escape. Works like a charm.

The other great thing about these is that they are EXACTLY the right size to hold a can of soup, if you're going for the store-bought option rather than making your own.

Really, really pleased with this purchase - sometimes little, everyday things can make you very happy, and these little food jars have done just that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, February 2, 2010
This thermos is amazing. I am amazed how warm it keeps my food. I heat up some leftover soup in the morning, toss it in my thermos, and it is still a tiny bit too warm by the time I go to eat it at lunch time (5 hours later)!. It seals very well, and I am not at all concerned with it leaking. I don't hesitate to just toss it in with all of my other items in my backpack.

I like that I can heat my food up at home in metal pots instead of microwaving plastic food storage at work. I have yet to try keeping things cold, but I don't think that will be a problem.

The spoon is usable, but it can not hold a lot of broth. If you have a soup that is brothy, I would suggest getting some deep spoons. Even though the spoon collapses, it is quite sturdy. I am an engineer, and I am impressed with the construction of it. The spoon can also be taken apart to make it easier to clean.

I have not tried putting it in the dishwasher. It seems like it would be OK, but I don't mind washing it by hand. I suspect if you are making your own lunches everyday, you also don't mind spending a few seconds to hand wash one of these.

1.0 out of 5 stars Life span: 2 Months (Crappy investment), October 28, 2013
I originally was excited about getting this product. However, only two months into owning it (daily use for oatmeal), the lid of the container broke off. The gobs of glue just separated from the metal coating and the thermos material. Worth the price I paid--NOT AT ALL. This should have at least lasted way over a year. I always hand-washed, warmed it up before hand as instructed, and to take all these precautions just to have it break I will not be purchasing again. Looking at other companies now, if anyone has suggestions let me know. I use to recommend this product, never again! Also, I found this size to be too small to be practical. Overall, so disappointed, not worth the money, try again!