Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Thermos Stainless King Food Jar with Folding Spoon, 16 ounce, Midnight Blue
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Color: Midnight Blue|Change

on May 21, 2013
I got this for my daughter to take in her lunch bag. She has Celiac disease and is diabetic, so she can;t eat school lunch. She was getting tired of sandwiches, so I sent her beef stew one day in a little Cambell's thermos. By her lunch time..the stew was cold. I bought this one based on reviews and have been very happy with it. Her soup is hot at lunchtime and she is happy.
I like the little foldable spoon that fits in the cap. It washes up easily and seems to be very durable. I expect it to last a long time...which makes it worth the slightly higher price than competitor's products.
on January 29, 2015
Love this thermos take it to work most days with hot soups or stew in the winter. I find if you put boiling hot water in the thermos to heat it up first it helps keep the soup warmer longer, about 5 to 6 hrs and soup is still hot .
on August 20, 2015
My daughter desperately wants to take hot food to school (soup,spaghetti,etc). Purchased this based on all the great reviews. Tested it out today; filled thermos with boiling water, sealed lid and let it sit for 10 min while i heated some soup. I drained the boiling water from the thermos and added the boiling soup, replaced lid, and set it on the counter. Set my kitchen timer for 4 hours, that is a approximately how long till my daughters lunch time at school. Guess what! Upon opening the thermos, we could see steam and my daughter actually burnt her tongue on the soup - it was that hot! Even an hour later with the lid off, soup was still very warm. Moms, don't hesitate! Great product. Worth the extra money. LOVE the built in spoon. Product states it keeps food hot for up to 7 hours - I bet it does:)
on January 5, 2013
This food jar's design is superior to the Thermos 16-Ounce Stainless Steel Food Jar. Our teenage son had broken the lid of the latter after three months of use, but the King Jar seems more sturdy. The spoon inside the lid is a big plus, and it's easier to access the food inside. The only downside so far is the strong smell of plastic from the ring in the lid - it took some weeks for it to dissipate.
on January 11, 2013
We tested this against another Thermos product (kids princess food jar). We put hot water at 180 degrees F in both. Put them in the freezer for an hour. This thermos only lost 1 degree. The other lost 20 degrees. Then we put them in the refrigerator overnight. This thermos was at 110. The other at 70. Then we put this one back in the refrigerator for the rest of the 24 hours. The water was still warm to the touch and 70. I HIGHLY recommend this product.

When you put the lid on, make sure the lid and the screw part is dry. It will hold a better seal. Also be careful putting the lid on straight as it is easy to get it crooked. We had difficulty opening it after taking it out of the fridge.
on January 21, 2015
Dissapointed. Food loses a considerable amount of heat after 4 hours. Also there is nominal leakage from the inner seal, it doesn't leave the outer lid but if you don't open it carefully you could drip some soup on your or your things. The spoon is pretty cool at least.
on August 4, 2013
Holds large amount of soup and keeps it hot for 12 hours so i love that! i made the mistake of filling too high, beyond the line where the bottom of lid sits and this caused the lid to get stuck so just be sure to not get food or liquid where lid twists on! my only wish is for the opening to be larger. i sometimes spill soup when filling it up. i also use this for macaroni, spaghetti and meatballs, rice and veggies and meat, etc. also it keeps food cold too so i am going to try a milkshake in it soon.
on December 16, 2014
We've had a couple of these for a few years now and am very impressed - both at their ability to keep food warm and their durability. They take a beating in the kids backpacks but are very sturdy. Good buy.
on May 14, 2016
I love this thermos. The wide mouth makes it easier to eat from. It keeps hot items hot for at least 5 hours. It has a good seal and doesn't leak. The folding spoon is very convenient. I would highly recommend this thermos.
on May 18, 2015
Bought this for my son (who is in second grade) to bring hot lunches to school. He loves it and so do I! It keeps the food hot 6 hours later when it's his lunch time and it's a perfect size for his lunchbox. The only problem which I was worried about was the fact of him losing the spoon that clicks on top. I warned him to be careful and take care of it, but he lost it within the first week. Outstanding product for a great price!