Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now Tikes

Package Quantity: 1Color: Midnight BlueChange

Showing 1-10 of 331 reviews(4 star).Show all reviews
VINE VOICEon December 23, 2013
I wanted a way to take hot breakfasts with me to work because I work an early morning shift. I ordered this Thermos Jar because the 16 oz. size was large enough for what I wanted to do.

The night before, I put 1/2 c. dry oatmeal, chopped nuts & cranberries into the thermos. In the morning, I boil water in my teakettle while I'm getting ready to leave, and measure 1 c. into the thermos, then screw the two lids on and put it in my bag to go. When I get to work, the oatmeal has fully cooked, all I have to do is stir it all up and enjoy.

I don't screw the inner lid on past the point of when I hit the first bit of resistance, and I have never had trouble getting it unscrewed. I've never had it leak, either, so you really don't need to screw the lid on very tightly.

The little spoon on the inner lid is very helpful, keeping me from having to remember to pack one.

All the pieces clean up easily and can go in the dishwasher.

I am a little disappointed in the outer painted finish - it retained a 1/2" long scratch the very first time I used it, but I have no idea how it happened. The scratch is completely through the navy blue; the silver shows through, and it is very obvious. For this price, I would have expected a more lasting finish. However, it is just the outside, and doesn't affect the function of the Thermos.
on December 5, 2013
I rely on the amazon reviews on buying many of my it's important I review the products I buy..I have had many thermos brand thermos over the years..and really rely on this brand..I also have the tall hot beverage thermos that I absolute love...had it for over two years now and it has been dropped put in dishwasher and it still keeps my tea nice and hot and best of all no for this product I send soup with my husband to works another reviewer noted the opening could be a little bigger to allow a spoon to fit in better..but it is handy to have built in spoon..keeps soups hot..good compact size..doesn't quite hold all of a chunky Campbell's soup can though..thus the 4 stars..
on September 25, 2010
I've bought many Thermos products and I've been impressed by how well the vacuum insulation (by Thermos or any other brands) holds temperature over 6-8 hours, as mentioned by many other reviews. Instead, my criteria for selecting a good vacuum insulated water bottle/food jar are :
(1) ease of access - The mouth of Stainless King (SK) is a bit narrow for retrieving non-liquid food, such as pasta, but good enough for ice cubes;
(2) ease of cleaning - SK is superb especially with the double lid design (one screw-plug and the other doubles as a cup). Compared to the 10 oz. Thermos junior, SK eliminates the deep groove in the lid that mates with the thread. It is very hard to reach in the groove for cleaning. SK does not have this issue.
(3) resistance to scratch or dent - SK is not well design for this. For example, it lacks a plastic "shoe" at the bottom like some other models. I imagine after a few drops, SK will not stand up straight (this is what happened to the cheap ones I bought at IKEA). I also doubt that the blue shiny paint on the body will look good after a few month.
Even though I was aware of these pitfalls before I purchased, I bought this one just because I was looking for a 16 oz. Thermos that is not too tall (the other 16 oz. by Thermos is tall and skinny). I don't care about the foldable spoon although it is neat and really sturdy.
on October 15, 2010
My children are very picky when it comes to their lunches. I did a lot research to find the best hot food container available. I believe this is it. My kids both say that it keeps their pasta "steaming hot" until their lunchtime (about 4 hours after I pack it). I was a little disappointed that one of the two that I ordered arrived with a dent. Otherwise, I would have given this 5 stars.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 15, 2013
When you have to eat out of a lunch box every day, food begins to lack variety. We actually drive through our lunch hours as we drive truck to fix roads and are usually out in the middle of nowhere all day. Using this thermos has opened the door to hot food varieties that I can safely do while driving. I put boiling water in it in the morning and then heat soup and pour it in there. The soup stay hot for hours and I can drink soup while driving. That beats a sandwich any day. The only con I would point out is that the little rubber gasket that seals the plug stretches out a bit with repeated use of hot liquids and from cleaning. It becomes just a tab bit losser and I have actually had it fall off. I have two of these thermos' with the stainless spoon and little bowl so I had to contact the thermos company and order replacement gaskets---which obviously is much cheaper than buying a third thermos at a cost off about $17 - $20. Other than that I would recommend this thermos. The rest of it is seemingly indestructible. The only reason I didn't give it five stars was because of the propensity for the gasket to fall off and become lost.
VINE VOICEon April 5, 2013
We have this thermos and one of the Foogo ones, and they both do a pretty good job at keeping food warm for a long amount of time. I recently brought this Thermos with some leftovers for our trip to a local amusement park. I prepped the thermos by filling it up with hot water and letting it sit for a bit before putting my hot food in (which I overzapped a bit in the microwave to ensure it was at a nice hot temperature). When I had lunch hours later, the food was still decently warm. I would like to experiment with soup or some other foods (so far I've used it for pasta dishes), because I wonder if it would be better if it was filled with something more liquid. I've also tried it to keep yogurt cold, and it does a pretty good job with that, too.

There's only one annoying feature, and it's only because I'm left handed-- the handy dandy little spoon that collapses so nicely and fits inside the lid sucks for lefties! As I'm using it to scoop, it starts to collapse on me. Sigh. I'm used to such annoyances since I live in a right handed world, but it's still something to mention.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I purchased the new 'Raspberry' color for my daughter, primarily for hot soups in her school lunch. I was hesitant to spend twenty dollars on a thermos of this size, but took a gamble as I was hopeful it would work well for her needs.

The raspberry color that's pictured on Amazon appears purple in hue to me, but in reality, the color I received is much less brilliant. More red than purple, so essentially - more the raspberry color the name implies.

The construction of the Thermos is on par with their other products, however as I was cleaning it the first time, the inner gasket ring popped off. I found it and struggled to get it back on. I'm very careful with it, but I fear losing it and thus may contact the company to see if I can buy extras.

Around the mouth of the Thermos it gets warm to the touch when hot liquids are inside. I expected the bottom to feel warm, as it's thinner than the sidewall construction, but it stays cool.

The mouth of the thermos is relatively small, making it a bit of a struggle to eat soup out of it unless you tilt the Thermos, or pour it into the very small cup that caps the Thermos (about 3/4 cup I think...).

The spoon that is included is neatly folded and fits into the top of the lid of the Thermos. A handy thing for sure, but kids may struggle to get it back into place. (I actually send a separate spoon in my daughter's lunchbox because it's just too much of a struggle for her.)

This Thermos is Made in China, with a 5 year limited warranty (defects and workmanship).

+This Thermos looks like it will be very durable. Both the metal and plastic are quality materials.

+It's lightweight!

+ Keeps soup HOT, not just 'warm', for the 5-6 hours. (Rated for up to 7 hrs hot, and up to 9hrs cold.)

- Price is relatively high for the size of this Thermos.

- Gasket comes off easily and it's very thin. Concerned it will be lost or break off.

- Mouth of Thermos is slightly narrowed. I wish it was wider for easier access to eat directly from the Thermos.

- Spoon is a nice addition, but tough to get reseated on lid for storage; particularly for kids.

Overall, this is a nice product that will get used at least twice a week at our house. I'm glad it maintains a food's temp, but disappointed in the narrowness of the top and the gasket coming off right away.

This Thermos does what it was designed to do - maintain temperature of its contents. It's not perfect, and a tad more expensive than others, but it's certainly the best I've found for keeping soup hot for a school lunch 5 hours later.

UPDATE: 11/8/13

Have packed soups, fried rice and egg rolls in this Thermos (not all at the same time...), and can report that soups stay piping hot 5-6 hours later. The other foods stay 'warm-ish' according to my daughter, which translates to 'OK' for me.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2015
I can put food in it at 6:30am and it's still hot by noon! Also, it's the perfect size. However, having the spoon on top is basically pointless because it's always folding up while I am eating with it, which is very frustrating. So, I had to start bringing a separate spoon.
on December 9, 2012
This thermos is the perfect size to throw in your lunchbox for work or school. It holds sixteen ounces, which is a nice hearty serving of soup or leftovers. Be sure to heed the warning not to overfill, or you'll have a big mess on your hands and could even get scalded. I like to measure my soup into a 16-oz. glass measuring cup, heat it to boiling in the microwave, then pour it into my thermos. Of course, you'll want to pre-heat or pre-chill the thermos with hot or cold tap water before adding your food.

I really like the all-metal interior of this thermos. I've had similar insulated jars in the past that had plastic or non-stick surfaces, and they would take on the flavors of everything I'd ever put in them. With the metal, you don't have to worry about that.

The thermos even comes with a nifty folding spoon that nests in the top of the screw-on lid. The spoon is shaped like a soup spoon, but is not quite as wide and deep as a soup spoon. It doesn't always stay securely attached to the lid, so be careful not to lose it. If you take off the lid and set it upside-down on the counter, the spoon will often drop out.

The claim for this thermos is that it will keep food hot for 7 hours and cold for 9 hours. I tested this claim for purposes of review and found it to be stretching the definitions of hot and cold, or even warm and cool.
I filled the thermos with hot soup, left it on the kitchen counter, and came back 7 hours later to test it. The soup was edible but tepid, just barely on the edge of what you'd consider warm enough to eat. To test for cold food, I tried some chilled smoothie. When I tasted it 9 hours later, it was just barely cool enough to taste good, but not cold and refreshing.

Verdict: This thermos will work great for most people, but not those who work outdoors or might need to leave their lunchbox in a cold or hot vehicle for many hours.

The thermos is made in China, and comes with a five-year limited warranty.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2013
After much research, I bought two of these, midnight for hubby and cranberry for me. Hubby gets a packed lunch at work everyday, and appreciates that he doesn't have to go the break room and wait for the microwave at lunchtime, or shuffle around the refrigerator to find space for his food amongst his coworkers'.
We frequently travel 3 hours and arrive at our middle-of-nowhere destination around dinnertime. No microwave available, cold sandwiches get old fast, and we'd prefer not to do fast food. Although this product could keep our home-made dinners hot for even longer, this thermos really is ideal for us. And the spoon is cute.

BUT, we've had them for 2 weeks. Probably used them 4-5 times. Like several other reviewers, my stainless cup separated from the plastic liner. It's true, it seems like they used a really inadequate glue. Mine separated when I was twisting the cup off of the jar. I'm sending it back for a replacement--hoping that it magically won't happen with that one. We'll see I guess.