|Item Weight||5.5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||10 x 10 x 25 inches|
|Item model number||SP57/11C|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $8.11 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Thermwell SP57/11C Water Heater Blankets
|Price:||$25.41 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$0.58 (2%)|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
- I chose this model because it had the highest R-value (R10) in the description of any blanket/jacket I'd seen. The R-value was mysteriously missing from the product packaging, so now I doubt it was that high. You'd think they would capitalize on being 30% more efficient than the next model..
- I thought, since there is no warning to the contrary, that this was the kind of fiberglass you can handle with your bare hands without getting itchy. It's not, so wear gloves
For the money, I say get one, it can't hurt. Even though my water heater was cool to the touch while on, I can tell it's getting toasty under the blanket.
1) It does fit just fine. I have a 40 gallon gas hot water heater. Gas hot water heaters have no water in the bottom foot or so of the tank. That's where the burner is. Not only should you not insulate that portion because it won't gain you anything (only insulate where the water is) but you also risk blocking the air intake (very bad idea). A good rule of thumb to find where the bottom of the water is, look for the drain valve. It's installed at the bottom of the water tank. So I installed it with the 48" as the height and the 75" to wrap around. I was left with a good 5-6 inches overlap, so clearly room for a larger tank. Also, you don't want to insulate the top of a gas tank as you risk obstructing air flow into the flue.
2) There is almost enough tape (-half star). I used one long piece to secure the vertical seam (48") and small pieces to secure it at the top. This used all the tape. I'd prefer a few more feet so I could secure it at the bottom (simply to seal in the fiber glass).
3) It's fiberglass, so long pants, long sleeves, gloves, and respirator are a must. When you finish, make sure to shake out your hair, throw clothes in laundry, and take a shower. Don't go walking around your house. I didn't notice a strong smell from it like other fiberglass products.
4) It would be improved by flaps (-half star). Besides one edge, the plastic facing is exactly the same size as the underlying insulation.Read more ›
- as other reviews this is too small for our boiler, but since our boiler is in the corner right at the two walls, I would not able to wrap it around the whole boiler anyways
- be ready for TONS and TONS of fiberglass dust after you are done everywhere in your garage - close car windows, doors to your house... (make sure to wear special clothes, respiratory mask, hat, glasses and gloves) - not exaggerating - you can argue that we are married with fiberglass these days - true - but even after adding blow-in (AttiCat) insulation to the attic it was not so messy job...
- more tape should be provided, used FlexFix from Nashua to fill the missing feets/meeters of tape needed
- after applying the insulated part is about 8F (4C) colder than the uninsulated part - so it really works (reason for 3 stars)
- let you wife know what you are up to so she does not feel surprised seing you hugging the boiler in the garage :) :) :)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I wish all sides had been sealed. the fibers popped out and made installation messy.Published 14 days ago by Amazon Customer
Measuring the circumference of my 50 gallon tank, I'm at 88 inches. I have the tallest and skinniest 50 gallon tank I've ever seen. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Mister Boom Boom
GREAT ITEM. WAS SHORT IN LENGTH TO FIT STANDARD WATER HEATER, CUSTOMER SERVICE SENT ADDITIONAL MATERIAL. Read morePublished 1 month ago by PRENTIS
Easy to install, R10 insulation, can't beat the cost!! You will earn your money back in savings!!Published 1 month ago by Uri S.
This product was not double sided and did not fit a 60 gallon tank.Published 1 month ago by michael liebau
seems to have worked. Water stays hot longer and gets hotter. simple as can be to put it on.Published 1 month ago by B. Lowy
I'm giving this product 2 stars instead of 1 since it was nice and thick. However, it didn't quite fit my 50 gallon electric tank like advertised. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Ted V.