5.0 out of 5 stars ID3 TAGS ARE WRONG
Awesome CD but Amazon messed up somewhere because the ID3 tags are wrong on tracks 2, 3 and 4. The songs are labeled wrong. Even the file names are wrong. They're all mixed up. I found out when I went to the bands official website and the lyrics were completely wrong.

Published on December 16, 2010 by Brett Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Forgettable
I The Breather is a band I've been watching for a few months. Sumerian Records has really caught my eye with some of the fantastic bands they have on the roster (The Faceless, Born of Osiris, After the Burial). Unfortunately, it may have set my standards a little too high.

Published on December 8, 2010 by Kit Kitsch

5.0 out of 5 stars ID3 TAGS ARE WRONG, December 16, 2010
Brett Jones (Rockwall, Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: These Are My Sins (MP3 Music)

Other than the technical screw ups this album is really good. If you're a fan of Oh, Sleeper or August Burns Red I'd definitely check it out. They have a very similar style. I would give 4.5 stars if it would let me because some of the melodic parts of the songs could really use some clean vocals but It's definitely not worth taking a whole star away. Great album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't sleep on this band., September 19, 2013
This review is from: These Are My Sins (MP3 Music)
If you don't listen to 'Christian' bands you are missing out on some great music. If you don't like the message, just enjoy the music. Everything this band puts out is killer.

5.0 out of 5 stars great album, September 4, 2013
This review is from: These Are My Sins (MP3 Music)
This album is really such a good album! Very well put together and sounds amazing! The songwriting is awesome and each song has it's own personality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked Sick!!!, August 31, 2013
This review is from: These Are My Sins (MP3 Music)
I love this album so much. So many good titles, and it is really heavy! Any lover of hardcore metalcore will love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant first album, January 13, 2011
This review is from: These Are My Sins (Audio CD)
if you like august burns red youll love this. such a fantastic effort for a first cd. cranks hard. gotta support the new boys in the metal word so buy their stuff. you wont regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid debut!, December 11, 2010
This review is from: These Are My Sins (Audio CD)
Not too shabby for an indie group from Baltimore, MD!

I saw these guys on the Scream The Prayer tour this summer and was excited to hearing their work in the studio. Fans of August Burns Red will instantly be drawn to the fast-paced chugging riffs of the guitars.

Sure, the sound is consistent through the album, but you'll hear no complaining from this guy. Overall a solid debut. Look forward to seeing these guys grow a fan base and progress musically!

4.0 out of 5 stars Repetive but Energetic, December 8, 2010
MTTS (Washington, Pasco) - See all my reviews
This review is from: These Are My Sins (Audio CD)
The Album has been aptly described by the above reviewer as "repetitive to a fault" however it's still energetic.

As a whole the album definitely left a lot to be desired. The variation wasn't much and the charm was missing. With similar albums this year such as label mates After the burial's "In Dreams" it can be hard to distinguish yourself. However the young group has offered a good starting point that proves they have the technical persistence and structure to offer a much better album. Now it's just time for them to grow as musicians and release an all together broader sonic image.

"These Are My Sins" isn't horribly original, nor do they offer something we haven't heard before, yet they do it so well the album will still be a good one for causal replays. This is the stepping stone and I hope that next time brings a step upwards in their game.

5.0 out of 5 stars great quality and uplifting, July 18, 2014
This review is from: These Are My Sins (Audio CD)
Heavy, great quality and uplifting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Repetive, but worth the listen, April 30, 2011
Bethany (Lake Havasu City, AZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: These Are My Sins (Audio CD)
over-all a good album, although it def was repetive. the sounds all pretty much sounded exactly the same, with slightly different harmonies and different lyrics. still, a good album all the same.

3.0 out of 5 stars Forgettable, December 8, 2010
This review is from: These Are My Sins (Audio CD)

This album is...very, very redundant. If you listen to one of the tracks from the album, you'll get a good idea of what everything else sounds like. That isn't to say this is a bad album. There are some very good tracks on here despite the repetitiveness. Allspark and Illuminate are a couple of my favorites.

I think this band is going to draw many comparisons to August Burns Red. And rightfully so. They're pretty much August Burns Red-lite. Not quite as gripping, but the similarities can't be denied. One thing they should do a better ABR impersonation with is variation. The album is so one dimensional and all of the songs sound very, very similar. Particularly the first six tracks of the album. I couldn't pick them out of a lineup.

Not to say they aren't good...exactly. It's just hearing them for the sixth time in a row gets a little boring. The last few tracks are decidedly more varied and the CD ends strong, which is nice.

Really, this is an album that I'm not really going to play from start to finish a lot. I might pick and choose a track or two and be done with them. When that's the way you see an album, it's probably not a good thing. They don't have a lot of lasting appeal.

Good band, they need a little time to grow, I think. Definitely some shining moments on this album, check it out if you like the sound.

These Are My Sins
These Are My Sins by I the Breather (Audio CD - 2010)
Rate and Discover Movies