Who Are All These People Writing 1 Star "Reviews"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 132 posts in this discussion
Posted on Sep 19, 2011 5:42:39 PM PDT
L. Canepari says:
Oh haha, that video I have already seen it....I actually posted a link to it on this discussion a while ago haha, but thats all good its a pretty funny vid

Posted on Sep 20, 2011 9:09:20 AM PDT
Glen R says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2011 9:34:08 AM PDT
Lance Lust says:
I'll betcha yours is where I found it.

"They are the same 'earth revolves around my desires' whiners who complain about everything that isn't exactly the way they want. Even more stupid is that they expect everyone to back them in their whining."

Yeah, aren't they just a bunch of stupid people?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2011 1:26:11 AM PDT
Luis Blasini says:
Dude....SHUT. UP!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2011 7:03:34 PM PDT
Lance Lust says:
Dude, quit telling others to shut up. I think it would be more constructive to either ignore, or to write a long, nagging tirade, like I do.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2011 9:59:37 PM PDT
Orion4600 says:
Actually, this isn't even the same movie that was released in 1977. Did you know that Star Wars won six Oscar awards that year, did you know that this release essentially voids four out of those six Oscars. Think about it, they've changed everything about the special effects(Oscar) that they can without just replacing all the models. They added CGI in 1997 that at the time was cutting edge, that now looks horrifically dated. They spliced in all sorts of new material that unbalances the careful film editing that won the Oscar that year. They are purposefully changing and dubbing in sound effects, and dialogue, this voids the sound editing Oscar. The CGI robots and sets they added don't look like they belong with the things that were designed in 1977 so the whole unity the art directors created in 1977 is now a hodge-podge of elements from 1997, 2004 and 2010, this voids the art direction Oscar. The only ones you're left with is "Best Score" and "Best Costumes". I wouldn't care if Lucas would just release these things as a director's cut or even as the "advanced" version, but he has said in an interview that he wants the original version to go away and he wants this new mess of a film to be the one that's remembered in a hundred years.

These films that are being released are technically not even the same movies. So I'm calling as a culture that we recognize that this version and the original are two different films and we should adjust our views to fit that.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2011 7:46:47 PM PDT
Lance Lust says:
"I wouldn't care if Lucas would just release these things as a director's cut or even as the "advanced" version, but he has said in an interview that he wants the original version to go away and he wants this new mess of a film to be the one that's remembered in a hundred years."

Love your post...

This might sound harsh to Lucas-ites, but this kinda sounds like Hitler's thousand year Reich - reich being empire, Lucas's Empire. Yes, Lucas has gone over to the darkside. And this darkside ain't cool like in Star Wars, no, it sucks! Lucas never showed us his elderly Jedi moves like Vador by mentally using the Force to strangle us into submission. Oh well, maybe he'll just come to our houses whilst we're asleep in the night like a theif and switch our 2006 "OTT" DVDs with the new Blu-rays.

(What follows should be read only as a humorous, anecdotal analogy, so please, don't use the Force to strangle me once you've read it...)

Like Hitler, Lucas is trying to wipe out what was for the betterment of mankind a union between two elements of slightly different "versions," in Hitler's case, religions. Then to dismiss the minority as it slips into oblivion with those who loved the movies when they had the old vhs box set as kids, and destroy it using false platitudes, propaganda.

Lucas's "putch" (Hitler's was the beerhall putch in 1923) was in 1997 with the release of the then, so-called, "Special Editions" which were quite a sight to see for those who love the movies. Then there are the years that he was in retreat with all that money he garnered with the then SEs (Hitler imprisoned, writing Mein Kampf, which was nothing more than false mythology), "Darth" Lucas in the studio working more CGI into our 'Wars.

Then, in 2004, Lucas starts his move to the "darkside" when he puts out the trilogy on DVD, without the original transfers/negatives being used as what should have been (Hitler, in 1933, becomes chancellor, and not through a democratic vote as some have incorrectly claimed - thus Mein Kampf must be owned by all citizens, which is the altered trilogy, if you haven't caught on).

Lucas's minions at Lucasfilm beg him to put out the originals, but they are smote when they are "let" to put the 2006 edition without remastering as a subpar special feature (Hitler's "1923 putch storm troopers" get out of hand, blood purge, where they are killed, Night of the Long Knives in 1934 - thank heaven Lucas isn't that insane, yet).

Then he comes fully to the Darkside, "Darth" Lucas is born as Blu-ray is starting to become elite and he furthers the corruption and filters in more CGI (1934-45, Hitler is dictator and what he says goes!)!

But will "Darth" Lucas's 100 year empire be as successful as Hitler's? I hope so ;-)

I thank everyone who read that whole thing and doesn't want to purge me.

Posted on Sep 25, 2011 8:46:12 PM PDT
L. Canepari says:
Your comparing George Lucas to Hitler? Thats a first....

Posted on Sep 26, 2011 3:40:28 AM PDT
ScoobyDooFan says:
Yeah. Not that I'm questioning your point, but comparing a filmmaker of all things to Hitler? Yeah...

Posted on Sep 26, 2011 5:33:44 PM PDT
Lance Lust says:
Hey, I'm a risque kind of person.

Posted on Sep 27, 2011 5:51:38 PM PDT
L. Canepari says:
It's just that, thats kind of disrespectful....

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 6:15:17 PM PDT
Lance Lust says:
So is writing this:

"And I know that who ever it is that reads this, the people that rate this down are NOT true starwars fans!"

Less so, yes, but still. But you've been forgiven, right? In this day and age you can't say anything without fear of getting into a flame war over it. It isn't as if I said that Lucas was indeed Hitler, my warning made that quite clear - and it's sad that one needs write a warning for fear of someone taking something like it too seriously. Look, if I can't say something funny and a bit risque, then what's the point? The consumation of thought into words or speech is so discouraged these days that I feel I am living in some kind of fascistic/communistic state. You have the power of free speech, which I've championed, but no one wants to let other forms of thought come into existence unless it's completely free of anything one might be reproached for. Parodies do it all the time. Satires, too. Ever seen that movie W.? Although that movie was closely based on the biography of a president, it's the same idea.

Sorry if I split your thin skin again, but I won't apologize for being comically disrespectful.

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 6:21:40 PM PDT
L. Canepari says:
I don't really care that much......and again that post was made months ago, I thought I explained myself on that one all ready?

Posted on Sep 28, 2011 9:00:02 PM PDT
Lance Lust says:
I know you don't care that much. Hence your manner. I said that you were forgiven in what you said, not just by me but probably by all. My forgiveness isn't really at issue here because your statement didn't affect me much at all, only the idea behind the statement offended me, which is forgiven. But that's in the past. I simply brought it up because I was trying to make my point. If you didn't care that much, why even pretend to? Telling me it's disrespectful makes me think that you have a reason, but since you don't, the point is moot. Like this conversation was to begin with. Who cares if someone is writing one star reviews? Do you really think that it matters in the gist of life?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2011 8:08:07 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 19, 2011 8:42:47 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 20, 2011 9:55:40 AM PST
As a fan who has enjoyed the Star Wars saga since the original movie was in theaters 34 years ago, I can say that even though I am not intensely angry that the "unaltered" versions of the Classic Trilogy were not included in the Complete Saga set, I was somewhat disappointed that consumers were not given a choice of purchasing a Deluxe Collector's Edition of the set which would have included them.

If I recall, Lucasfilm Limited and 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment (then called Fox Video, I believe) did, a very long time ago, release a very expensive ($150.00 or maybe a bit less) VHS set which featured the pre-Special Edition Original Trilogy (maybe THX mastered?) along with a snippet of actual film negatives from one of the three films. The boxes were silver, I think....

At the time, this was a rare chance for fans to see the Holy Trinity (as I like to call it) of A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi on widescreen format on VHS, since most of the mass-market releases of movies, not just Star Wars ones, were usually done in the pan-and-scan (full-screen) format. I didn't buy it because it was much too expensive at the time....

In any case, I have to be honest and say that while I do not agree with the tactics some fans are attempting to employ here by writing "protest reviews" about the existing Blu-ray set, I do understand their motivations. I just wish the tone of the discussions here were a little less confrontational and a lot more civil.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012 6:59:45 PM PST
Lance Lust says:
"I do understand their motivations. I just wish the tone of the discussions here were a little less confrontational and a lot more civil."

Yep, that's the way I look at it, too. There are just some people that think that just because another poster is being a jerk that gives them the priviliege to do the same. But as we know where the other guys are coming from in their protest against the Blu-rays, I too, though, know where the other outrages come from ;)

Posted on Jan 8, 2012 5:30:37 PM PST
L. Canepari says:
ok, and wow haha no one has posted here for a long time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2012 7:38:49 PM PST
Lance Lust says:
Uh, look at the last date before your own post.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 8:07:38 AM PST
There aren't answers. They are morons who intentionally and obtusely downvote things to make a point which is then utterly ignored because the execution is wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 8:10:19 AM PST
The OTC wasn't on DVD. The DVD release was a combination of Special Edition and other newer changes.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 8:11:57 AM PST
Yes, if you played it you should have given it -5 stars. If you didn't and you don't like it you should still do everything you can to destroy it, but not in a review.

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 8:13:27 AM PST
The originals were never released on DVD, people. The DVD release was a combination of the Special Edition release, and newer changes that were added, like Anakins ghost, like the Death Star being in a planetary system when it was first shown.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 8:14:47 AM PST
You're honestly going to say Ep. 3 was bad. It was easily better than Return of the Jedi, Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and most of A New Hope combined.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 4, 2012 8:17:21 AM PST
Uh no, they didn't. This is SW not lotr, which itself had few changes in Extended. The only things ever added to the original movies were the scene where Jabba confronts han in the docking bay. Literally nothing else was added, ever - only additions to existing shots like CG buildings and such, or greedo shooting first, or the planet the death star was at.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  28
Total posts:  132
Initial post:  Apr 30, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 3, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about