4.0 out of 5 stars Let your mind wander ..
There is a scientific principle called entrainment. If two items are vibrating side by side at different speeds then the item that vibrates at the lower speed will adjust to vibrate at the same frequency as the other object.

Published on March 14, 2005 by L. Power

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best
I found the tracks too upbeat for a truly theta experience. For utter transcendence, nothing commercially available beats Synchronicity Contemporary Meditation (Master Charles) for a true out of body experience.
Published on December 25, 2006 by Anne Bird

4.0 out of 5 stars Let your mind wander .., March 14, 2005
This review is from: Theta Meditation System: Let Go of Stress, Renew Your Spirit, Gain Insight, and Intuition (Audio CD)

Examples of this are swings in a playground that are swinging out of sync and adjust. Also, in a clock store you may notice the pendulum clocks of the same size swinging back and forth in unison.

Research has been done into the brainwaves of people in relaxed meditative states, such as yogis, swamis and creative people. Dr T has incorporated these brainwave patterns into his music to entrain your mind to reach the Theta state.

So, if you were to be subjected to these Theta waves which are embedded in the relaxing sounds, your mind will gradually reattune itself, so you can reach a similar state. This change is not permanent. Yet , the more you listen to it the more you will learn to attain these states yourself, effortlessly, and access a deeper part of self.

Dr Jeffrey Thompson has done extensive research into stress and the power of relaxing music and entrainment and has used that research to create pulses, chord patterns, sounds from nature such as sea, rainfall, bird songs, whales and dolphins. Sometimes these sounds are electronically changed to accelerate the mental response to get to the Theta state.

Theta is a state of mind associated with creativity, relaxation, and problem solving, and sleep. Have you ever been thinking about a problem and then you wake up in the middle of the night, with the solution, an aha moment. Well, you were probably in a Theta state. As you listen you may notice relaxing peaceful imagery flowing through your mind.

If you have never used this type of music before, don't you think you should give it a go. This program enables emotional clearing, problem solving, creative visualization, intuition and stress reduction, and insight. The accompanying booklet contains guided meditation and instruction to enhance the process.

If you are interested in this CD for emotional clearing, I highly recommend you look into EFT (emotional freedom technique) which is a simple and easy acupressure technique which can be done in about two minutes. Imagine easily letting go of phobias, stress, depression, trauma, forgiveness etc. You can download a free manual at [...] or buy various books on the subject at Amazon.

I highly recommend another of Dr T's products Awakened Mind system, which I find very good for creativity. You will be so glad to have that product.

I hope you find this review helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Effective!, March 15, 2003
By A Customer
One of the other reviewers agreed that the CD was very effective, but concluded that Dr. Jeffrey Thompson was a "quack" because the reviewer didn't understand how stereo speakers could possibly reproduce the very low frequencies for Theta: 5-7 CPS. The problem is that the reviewer was ignorant of the technology used by Dr. Thompson, which is only briefly referred to in the materials. Dr. Thompson utilizes a technology similar to that of the Monroe Institute, who has called it "Hemi-synch". The concept is that sounds are played on both the left and right stereo channels, and are electronically modified so that they are out of synch by the frequency you are trying to achieve in the brain...6 CPS, for example, if you want Theta brainwaves. This accomplishes two things: 1. It synchronizes the two hemispheres of the brain (a very good thing) and 2. It generates a 6 CPS pulse, which tends to entrain the brainwaves to that same frequency. This is a very, very effective technique, as is demonstrated by the effectiveness of the Theta Meditation System. I highly recommend these CDs for people who wish to attain the Theta state for relaxation or for personal metaphysical exploration. This is a proven technology, and far more effective than simple "New Age" relaxation music, since this technology directly drives the brain to create the frequencies desired.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Meditation CD, November 2, 2000
By A Customer
I've been looking for background music for my meditation sessions for awhile. I have found that this CD leaves me relaxed, but not to a point that I want go to bed after the session. The sound on the recordings is really incredible and very "3D-like". Although the instruction booklet states that one can use normal speakers, I personally use headphones because the 3D effects tend to have a more profound effect on me.
The booklet (around 6 pages) also gives information on the "idea" behind the technology used on the recordings, as well as information on each "song". The booklet states that the first CD (Renewal) helps in visualization, problem solving and emotional clearing, while the second CD (Insight) is for a "deeper" meditation for gaining information, wisdom, intuition, and healing. Each song on the CD is 30 minutes long and was made to play in repeat mode if needed.
The great thing about this CD is that you can use any meditation or visualization exercises that you currently use. I have also found that I get better results in my sessions when I play this CD, rather than without it.
Highly Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars interesting sensation from CDs, October 28, 2005
Alex G. Lee (Irvine, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Theta Meditation System (Audio CD)
Bought these CDs more than a year ago: I have mix feelings for them - at first doubt - could this actually work? And if it does work - is it safe? Kind of weird thinking about something that can synchronize my brain waves - thus I did not really listen to these CDs until today.

Pop the CDs into my computer and put my headphones on. 1st thing I notice was that I felt relax, but interestingly not sleepy. This is kind of weird since listening to soft music with my eyes close usually gets me a little drowsy. I notice that my muscles were relaxing since it kind of twitch a little once in awhile. Again I was not sleepy. Then I felt something I never did before in my life (maybe I had, but I don't remember), all of a sudden maybe after 7-10 minutes into the CD, almost instantly, I felt nothing! It felt really strange - I can't explain it - is as if I could not feel my body at all - I felt a very powerful sense of calmness - not the sleepy kind - its like a nice breeze of fresh air - simply calm - got excited about the "not feeling the body thing" and the sensation went away, calm down and it kind of came back again on and off - very strange -

A few other things I notice was that while listening to the CD my mind was not completely quiet, but for some reason it really did not bother me ( I say this because this is what makes meditation difficult for me), and also when I finally stopped the CD about 21 minutes has pass (usually 20 minutes of meditation is very difficult for me). After I stopped it I did not feel tired or drowsy. I tried it again tonight and again I felt that same calm sensation once again - only this time it was not as intense.

Anyway, I really don't know whether it was me or maybe the CD or both. And if it is the CD, I really don't know how safe it is. All I can say is that I really had doubts when I started listening to it. Whatever it is I don't mind feeling that intense calmness again. Now I am actually looking forward to my next session of meditation with the CD playing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes Awhile To Get Used To These CDs, January 26, 2004
By A Customer
When I first got these CDs I wanted to try something new as my regular zen meditation had not progressed much in the last couple years. It took me a week to get used to meditating with the headphones on, and longer to get used to meditating to music. I found the whole experience quite distracting and I probably would have given the CDs away if not for the fact that the creepy section in the middle of track2/disc1 always put me into a brief trance. After 2 months of daily half-hour meditation, all 4 tracks in this set began to really anchor down my awareness, and for the first time in a decade of meditation practice, I managed to work my way up to 40-50 minutes of continuous sitting meditation in half-lotus.
What I am getting at is, don't throw this out if you fail to become one with the universe at first listening. The brainwave entrainment comes with practice, in my experience. And yes, eventually you get used to the bodhrans as well (it's only a minute or so long).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Chronic Pain Management, October 22, 2003
"jimdcs" (Rochester, NY USA) - See all my reviews
Part of the regimen my pain clinic designed for me is meditation - biofeedback. I also use meditation to help minimize the side effects of the pain management medications I'm on - all of which affect brain function. I use lots of different meditation CDs in different places and different times to help me function through pain, lessen the anxiety that comes with not being able to escape it, and keep my stress level down. They're all good but nothing compares to these CDs. If you buy only one meditation resource choose this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars way ahead of the crowd, March 11, 2000
By A Customer
These CD's set a new standard for meditation accompaniment. The quality of the recording technology is outstanding. It is like IMAX cinema for the head and ears: real 3D; full 360 degrees, not just divided between 2 directions. Several of my favorite passages feel like gentle mental negative G's, where you are conscious of free falling deeper and deeper into the mind. Overall, the melodic content is fairly restrained (a good thing), mostly leading into a symphony of incredible sounds that you experience rather than listen to. If Dr. Thompson decides to make more recordings of this nature, I'll have to buy every one of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful -- Worth the $$, February 4, 2006
I had tried out a friend's copy and enjoyed it, so I purchased one of my own. Another reviewer had discussed how this is designed much like the Monroe Institute's Hemi-Sync, and I would have to agree. I actually went through that training.

Dr. Thompson has a really pleasant and creative touch on the music design which sets it apart.

On the practical side, I had some days where my mind was extremely troubled, and I could actually feel myself getting ... well... sort of happy... hard to explain.. while I was listening to this. It definitely helps balance your brain, and if you think about it, what price can you put on that??? Just put in the earphones, lay back, and tune up your brain. Now THAT'S COOL!

The doc's got a big thumbs-up from me!

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS CD SET, April 22, 2005
I have been purchasing various meditation CD's for the past year or so, and I must say that this is one of the best CD sets I've gotten!

Although I've only been able to listen to them a few times so far, they've definately put me in a state of relaxation - In fact, I have fallen asleep each time I've listened to them (no small feat for me!) - Now I have to learn to stay awake while listening so that I can truely meditate with them.

I was pleasantly surprised by the sound of the music - I was a bit worried that it would be just some sort of buzzing or gongs - but it's truly beautiful music.

I encourage anyone interested in either meditating, or in finding a way to fall asleep without medication, to purchase these CD's - they are well worth the $!

5.0 out of 5 stars Now Whole Family Uses It, May 10, 2005
This review is from: Theta Meditation System (Audio CD)
I've been practicing yoga for about 5 years. I was just browsing at a bookstore looking for music to help me relax while doing yoga. I took a risk and bought the Meditative CD. I really enjoyed just listening to it. But on night I feel asleep with it on. I had the most restful sleep! My teenage daughter heard it an now plays it every night and morning. My son, who is on the autistic spectrum heard it playing in my daughter's room so I had to go buy another CD. From a layperson's point of view-there is something to these CD's that somehow enhance restfulness, creactivity, and health. My whole family has benefitted from listening to the tapes. My 8 year old nephew loves the Creative Mind System tape, too. If you're someone who is stressed I would recommend trying the CD's. Best wishes and health to all.

Rate and Discover Movies