From the Back Cover
Bring out the best in your children—by understanding the way they learn.
If you’re frustrated that your child isn’t learning the way you did, chances are he or she is too! In this practical resource, Cynthia Ulrich Tobias explains that understanding how you both
learn can make all the difference.
An expert in education and learning styles, the author offers practical guidance for teaching to your child’s strengths—both at home and in school—even when his or her learning style is very different from your own. Enlightening and informative, this book will help you with these issues:
- the different ways children perceive and order information
- four learning styles and how your style and your child’s may differ
- how to bring out your child’s greatest strengths
- ways to help your child grasp and remember what’s being taught
- tips for advocating for your child with teachers
- how your involvement can increase your child’s success at school
Whether you’re a parent, grandparent, or teacher, this book offers concrete help for guiding the children in your care onto their very best path to learning—now and for a lifetime.