From the Back Cover
If you’re frustrated that your child isn’t learning the way you did, chances are he or she is too! In this practical resource, Cynthia Ulrich Tobias explains that understanding how you both learn can make all the difference.
An expert in education and learning styles, the author offers practical guidance for teaching to your child’s strengths―both at home and in school―even when his or her learning style is very different from your own. Enlightening and informative, this book will help you with these issues:
- the different ways children perceive and order information
- four learning styles and how your style and your child’s may differ
- how to bring out your child’s greatest strengths
- ways to help your child grasp and remember what’s being taught
- tips for advocating for your child with teachers
- how your involvement can increase your child’s success at school
About the Author
Cynthia Ulrich Tobias is founder and CEO of AppLe St. (Applied Learning Styles) and coordinates education and commerce programs throughout North America and internationally. She is a speaker and the best-selling author of several books including Every Child Can Succeed, Bring out the Best in Your Child, Do You Know What I Like About You? and You Can’t Make Me (But I Can be Persuaded). She lives near Seattle, Washington.