4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, Unique, Catchy, Cool, Memorable
If you're thinking of buying this DVD, you should!. My 6-yr-old niece first heard the "Go for G" song on Playhouse Disney and loved it. Since we got the DVD two weeks ago, she has watched it many, many times and likes to jump along to some of the songs on her foam-alphabet floor puzzle. She also has the songs on a CD and likes to sing along to them in the car.
I...
Published on May 26, 2009 by Carmen Ruelas

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite right
This CD makes one of my players make a racket as it spins in the player. Also sticks in a few spots. I thought this was new, so I'm kind of surprised.
Published 10 months ago by Pam Baker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, Unique, Catchy, Cool, Memorable, May 26, 2009
This review is from: They Might Be Giants: Here Come the ABCs (DVD)
I almost didn't buy the DVD because I read in other reviews that it was not very educational, but I disagree. I think the other reviewers were disappointed because they expected something more traditional and comprehensive. They may have expected more of a focus on phonics or memorizing the alphabet, but I think the focus is on letter recognition. Also, the DVD doesn't give every letter the same attention, so it may seem random, but I'm sure there is a reason for everything :). For example, in the "E Eats Everything" song, some of the lyrics are obviously reinforcing phonics, like "C likes only candy," while other lyrics like "K drinks only soda" left me confused at first. In this case, I think the focus was on what the letter looks like because the letter "k" pours the soda with its "leg" and drinks with its "arm." And even if I can't figure out the meanings behind some of the choices, that's not the tone of the DVD--IT'S FUN and I think it will motivate many children to look and think about letters in a different way.
My niece has probably passed the letter-recognition stage, but I think she is still benefiting from the reinforcement, and the songs also deal with phonics, vowels, geography, and words, among other things. My 2-year-old niece likes to watch the DVD with her cousin, so I'm sure she also will benefit from the DVD.
And if you're a fan of TMBG, you should buy this DVD just for the songs :). I have at least six favorites that I listen to on my own :)--but you have to see the videos :). They're colorful, quirky, go well with the songs, and have different styles so that you don't get bored visually.
I've already ordered "Here Come the 1,2,3s" so my niece and I are looking forward to that!

5.0 out of 5 stars We love it!, April 8, 2009
R. Wywrot (Ann Arbor, MI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: They Might Be Giants: Here Come the ABCs (DVD)
My whole family sings along with the CD that we've had for the last four years and we came back to buy the DVD after borrowing it from the library too many times. I've been a TMBG fan for years and years and this is among their best CDs - for kids or otherwise. I highly recommend checking out the 123s CD/DVD as well - just as fun and singable.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 year old loves it, August 13, 2009
This review is from: They Might Be Giants: Here Come the ABCs (DVD)
My son saw this video at a friends house and couldn't take his eyes off of it. He has since learned more than half of the alphabet from the DVD and watches it everyday. The songs are cool enough for parents not to mind it when they are stuck in your head. There are a few so catchy I wish I could put them on my ipod :).

5.0 out of 5 stars kid music that's NOT annoying, October 30, 2013
This review is from: They Might Be Giants: Here Come the ABCs (DVD)
I love this DVD and so do my kids. It's almost impossible to find kid music that's not annoying. They Might Be Giants did a fantastic job with these songs. Not only can I tolerate the songs, I actually like them. When our DVD got scratched and stopped working, I bought a replacement - that's how much I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My child loves it., July 15, 2013
This review is from: They Might Be Giants: Here Come the ABCs (DVD)
My 2 year old is obsessed with this DVD. I love TMBG, but every day multiple times is maddening. One in a while it is great. The songs are very fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Non-Square Kids' Music, July 2, 2013
This review is from: They Might Be Giants: Here Come the ABCs (DVD)
I've written TMBG, urging them to please oh please put out more videos. They're cute and man are they educational. Thanks to their science video, my 2.5 year old knows the planets, for crying out loud. I can't recommend these enough if you're a mom/dad sick to death of the likes of Dora.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eyecatcher, May 3, 2013
This review is from: They Might Be Giants: Here Come the ABCs (DVD)
I was introduced to this group by my student teacher when she shared it with my class. Although it is for young children it's catchy tunes really grabbed my second graders. I also purchased here Come the 123's and their science CD/DVD.

4.0 out of 5 stars A couple "eh" songs but still good., March 23, 2013
Liz Lare "lizardqueen" (philadelphia, pa United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: They Might Be Giants: Here Come the ABCs (DVD)
I don't have kids but I have 8 nieces and nephews, am an early elementary school teacher AND I'm a big TMBG fan. I was familiar with some of the songs like "QU" and "Can you find the hidden H?" and have definitely seen the 123's at my brother's place with my niece so decided to give this one a try. There are a few songs that are solidly helpful as far as learning is concerned whereas some are a little on the thin side in that department. I like that the vowel song repeats that each word needs a vowel but it doesn't repeat the vowels a ton so kids won't remember them unless they listen to the song a ton. Not a problem really but just some things I was thinking about as I previewed it with my K's and 1st graders in mind.

Having said that John and John can do no wrong in my eyes and I will definitely be using this in school!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique, Quirky Educational FUN!, November 20, 2008
This review is from: They Might Be Giants: Here Come the ABCs (DVD)
I bought this CD/DVD combo years ago when it first came out and my kids STILL love to watch the DVD and listen to the CD! TMBG are classic and get kid's imaginations to SOAR! The music, the lyrics, and images are so catchy and fun that even my hubby and I like to watch and listen to the DVD and CD! Check out their Here Come the 123's DVD/CD combo...another, equally fun, unique way to teach kid's their numbers and number concepts. Once again, even my hubby and I like listening to the CD and watching the DVD! Both combos are must haves for anyone who has kids!

4.0 out of 5 stars great video.. but the 123's is even better!, March 26, 2009
This review is from: They Might Be Giants: Here Come the ABCs (DVD)
We love the music and animation. VERY creative and fun! However I think our son will like this better when he gets a little older (He's 9 mo.).. BUT the 123's is even better (and it came w/ a CD for the car)! He's LOVED this video since he was about 5 months, and we sing and dance to the songs. Both are SUPER educational, colorful, creative, and fun!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

They Might Be Giants: Here Come the ABCs
They Might Be Giants: Here Come the ABCs by They Might Be Giants (DVD)
$19.23