Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on March 23, 2013
I don't have kids but I have 8 nieces and nephews, am an early elementary school teacher AND I'm a big TMBG fan. I was familiar with some of the songs like "QU" and "Can you find the hidden H?" and have definitely seen the 123's at my brother's place with my niece so decided to give this one a try. There are a few songs that are solidly helpful as far as learning is concerned whereas some are a little on the thin side in that department. I like that the vowel song repeats that each word needs a vowel but it doesn't repeat the vowels a ton so kids won't remember them unless they listen to the song a ton. Not a problem really but just some things I was thinking about as I previewed it with my K's and 1st graders in mind.

Having said that John and John can do no wrong in my eyes and I will definitely be using this in school!
on July 2, 2013
I've written TMBG, urging them to please oh please put out more videos. They're cute and man are they educational. Thanks to their science video, my 2.5 year old knows the planets, for crying out loud. I can't recommend these enough if you're a mom/dad sick to death of the likes of Dora.
on May 26, 2009
If you're thinking of buying this DVD, you should!. My 6-yr-old niece first heard the "Go for G" song on Playhouse Disney and loved it. Since we got the DVD two weeks ago, she has watched it many, many times and likes to jump along to some of the songs on her foam-alphabet floor puzzle. She also has the songs on a CD and likes to sing along to them in the car.
I almost didn't buy the DVD because I read in other reviews that it was not very educational, but I disagree. I think the other reviewers were disappointed because they expected something more traditional and comprehensive. They may have expected more of a focus on phonics or memorizing the alphabet, but I think the focus is on letter recognition. Also, the DVD doesn't give every letter the same attention, so it may seem random, but I'm sure there is a reason for everything :). For example, in the "E Eats Everything" song, some of the lyrics are obviously reinforcing phonics, like "C likes only candy," while other lyrics like "K drinks only soda" left me confused at first. In this case, I think the focus was on what the letter looks like because the letter "k" pours the soda with its "leg" and drinks with its "arm." And even if I can't figure out the meanings behind some of the choices, that's not the tone of the DVD--IT'S FUN and I think it will motivate many children to look and think about letters in a different way.
My niece has probably passed the letter-recognition stage, but I think she is still benefiting from the reinforcement, and the songs also deal with phonics, vowels, geography, and words, among other things. My 2-year-old niece likes to watch the DVD with her cousin, so I'm sure she also will benefit from the DVD.
And if you're a fan of TMBG, you should buy this DVD just for the songs :). I have at least six favorites that I listen to on my own :)--but you have to see the videos :). They're colorful, quirky, go well with the songs, and have different styles so that you don't get bored visually.
I've already ordered "Here Come the 1,2,3s" so my niece and I are looking forward to that!
on October 30, 2013
I love this DVD and so do my kids. It's almost impossible to find kid music that's not annoying. They Might Be Giants did a fantastic job with these songs. Not only can I tolerate the songs, I actually like them. When our DVD got scratched and stopped working, I bought a replacement - that's how much I love it.
on May 3, 2013
I was introduced to this group by my student teacher when she shared it with my class. Although it is for young children it's catchy tunes really grabbed my second graders. I also purchased here Come the 123's and their science CD/DVD.
on November 10, 2015
Bought this as a gift for my nephew because my daughter loved it. The tunes are short and catchy (will give you earworms). Follows current knowledge about early childhood learning. I also strongly recommend "Here Comes the 1,2,3s".
on April 1, 2012
we started showing this to my son after his 1st birthday. by the time he was 1.5 years old, he could sing his entire alphabet, could point to a indentify all the letters in a letter puzzle, and just generally loves the abcs, and this is still his fav dvd!
on April 8, 2009
My whole family sings along with the CD that we've had for the last four years and we came back to buy the DVD after borrowing it from the library too many times. I've been a TMBG fan for years and years and this is among their best CDs - for kids or otherwise. I highly recommend checking out the 123s CD/DVD as well - just as fun and singable.
on August 13, 2009
My son saw this video at a friends house and couldn't take his eyes off of it. He has since learned more than half of the alphabet from the DVD and watches it everyday. The songs are cool enough for parents not to mind it when they are stuck in your head. There are a few so catchy I wish I could put them on my ipod :).
on July 15, 2013
My 2 year old is obsessed with this DVD. I love TMBG, but every day multiple times is maddening. One in a while it is great. The songs are very fun.