Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on August 20, 2000
As a traditional, Southern Baptist pastor I had heard little teaching (even in three years of Baptist seminary) on the subject of demons. Like most evangelicals, I accepted by faith the scriptures on Christ casting out demons. However, I saw little relevance to the practice today. After all, I had been told often that it was only for the New Testament era. (I thought). This book was an eye-opener. It is Biblical, and conservative in its tone and teaching. It is also real. It highlights the active presence and purposes of demonic forces today, but most importantly, how the believer in Jesus Christ can deal with them in the authority of Christ. How I wish the evangelical world would take the presence and activity of demons seriously. Perhaps more will, through this book.
11 comment|291 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2006
This is an awesome book. I don't agree that he applies everything to demons. He is very clear that we need to ask for discernment as to the cause of the person's affliction, whether it is spiritual or not. We are entering a time of warfare, and we had better get ready to fight the enemy. Demons most certainly exist, and they would love to make us believe that we are subject to their oppression with no way out. Read this and see the power that is there for each who have accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, the authority that has been given to us. This book also made me take a hard look at myself, and I have to say the Holy Spirit has done some amazing things in me since reading it. If you are open to the renewing of your mind, than this is a really great start.
0Comment|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2003
Summary of book:
Derek Prince does a good job of telling us about demons, from how Jesus dealt with them, the origin of the word demon from Greek, his struggle with them, various types of demons and how to combat them. Prince uses Scripture and personal experiences to show us that demons are real, and we as followers of Christ have the authority over them, yet Christians can be oppressed by them and need deliverence.
Positives of the book: Scripturarly based, with personal dealings with demons, as well as guidelines Christians should use to expel their own demons, and if you are not a Christian he takes you through steps on becoming a believer. I for one believe in demons. The bible mentions them, and in today's society we tend to shake them off as some mystical creatures that are only symbols of our struggles instead of actual, evil spririts. Prince's example's can be disturbing to some, how demons are expelled and the different noise and/or convulsions people might have when they are delivered. Basically, you can expel a demon, but make sure you are a believer and close to God. If not, it is best to seek a ministry or your pastor to help you.
Negatives:
Although I believe in demons, Prince at times puts a demon with every problem we have. Some of the more bizarre examples in the book include 1) A girl getting hit on the head by a baseball, and then suffers from epileptic seizures. Prince explains the injury created a weakness that allowed a demon to enter, and give her these seizures. She was healed according to Prince, which I believe in a healing ministry, but to say demons enter you just because you are bonked on the head, seems a bit far-fetched. Another example of a bizarre demon was someone who suffered from tooth decay. That again seemed stretching it a bit. I have no doubt that people have demons, but sometimes we suffer physical and mental problems, due to plain old sin, and habits such as smoking, drugs or drinking can open the door for Satan to take control, some of this is purely our own doing due to the carnal, sinful nature we inherited when Adam & Eve first sinned.
Final thoughts: Be well read with the Word, and follow Prince's examples. He has good, spirit led insight into the world of demons, but do not blame everything on demons or Satan, when you yourself could be at fault.
1919 comments|249 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2000
Not everyone is prepared for a book like this one, but this book will change the life of those who are ready. If you are seeking to unburden yourself from the cloudy lies of Satan and his minions, then this book contains the answers you are looking for. If you think you are "right-with-God", then this book could help you even more. For those of you seeking to "get-right-with-God", this is a very good step in that direction. This book is one of the very few that I could not put down as i began to read it. I usually do not like to read much, but this book was exciting to pick up, and I could not wait to get to the end. Actually, I read the last few chapters first, and then I anxiously read the book through from start to finish in only a few days. With Derek Prince's self help guide to personal deliverance from Satan's lies, I had all the information I needed to release myself from the evil one's bondage. My life has been so much better and less burdensome, and I feel so much closer to the One and Only Triune God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) than I ever have in my life. It is time that I read it again for the lifesaving information and inspiration that is contained within it's pages. Also, if you know someone that this kind of book could help (and I know you do) then buy an extra copy. But remember, not everyone is ready to receive or believe in what this book has to offer. But for those who are ready, this book will change your life for the better...forever. I have bought 4 copies of this book, and I have loaned them all out. Now I need to buy another copy so I can read it again.
11 comment|66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2006
Derek was a servant of the Lord and he continues to serve even in death through his books and audio tapes. I have read scores of books on this topic and this ranks up there with the best of them. As the words of Amazing Grace go, "I once was blind but now I see", this book will open the eyes of ignorant Christians to the reality of our world and help them fight the enemy and live a more godly life. I praise God that my eyes are open now and through encouragement given by Derek and others, am boldly teaching the truth to others. Thank you Derek for your good works in ministry and education. There is no doubt it was totally inspired by the Holy Spirit to further the Lord's kingdom. Take the time to reference the scriptures cited in the book and you will grow in your understanding of God's word and know the truth about the enemy we face.
on August 5, 2002
"They Shall Expel Demons" is a jewel among all other books on deliverance. The author's tremendous level of knowledge shows through in this highly readable book. Among the pages you will find not just what type of demons or spirits operate in the life of a person but the reasons that one might become possessed. It will open the eyes of most people who feel pressured and often use "the devil made me do it" as the excuse for their actions.
"They Shall Expel Demons" forces the reader to ponder the differences between the need for healing and the need for deliverance. While there are many sicknesses that are of a common biological nature, the text shows that evil spirits may cause some sicknesses. There are battles fought in the heavens and battles fought here on earth and through the Biblical foundation you are shown the realism of the fight between "good and evil".
This book is for those interested in understanding the ministry of Christ and those who want to understand the different battlefields on which Christian battles are fought. It will prove to be a valuable asset to all Christian libraries and is a definite must for an Evangelical. I feel there should be more books as direct as this one. It gets to the point, shows examples, and provides a great solid base, which is the Word of God.
on March 9, 2006
Excellent. Helps us understand that we do have invisible enemies, explains their purpose, tells us that they will torment us at our weakest point and most importantly and how we need to get rid of them.
on January 8, 1999
THe church needs to wake up and OPEN up their Bibles and read it for themselves...demonic activity is REAL and Satan and his cohorts are out to steal, kill and destroy. And who are their targets? All of us! Especially CHristians who are doing th eLord's work. Derek Prince's teaching is biblically sound. He sheds much needed light on this topic that our pastors have been too scared to teach. THere is no victory in our churches because our church leaders do not teach us what we really need to know. I vehemently disagree with the comments from one of the reviewers on this page. This IS a book that all of us should read. If you have ever dealt with demons and spirits, then you will know how real they really are. Try living in a house that is possessed...my stories would make your hair stand on end. But I HAVE THE VICTORY, because I am a joint-heir with Christ and HE has seated me next to him in the heavenlies and I have ALL power and authority of demons, through Christ. Don't believe that? Just look it up in the Word...it's there is black and white. ANd if GOd said it, I BELIEVE IT! I have used the WOrd in my own situation and have seen amazing things... THere are demons of sickness,poverty, cancer, and thousands of spirits who are in Satan's army. THese spirits CAN be cast out. SOmetimes it is a process, because they don't want to leave!! WHy would they? THey were sent to do a job and they work mighty hard at it. Learn how to exercise your authority...Derek Prince reveals how to do this...He has lived a long life and has seen and experienced more than we can imagine... Buy his other bestseller, Blessing or Curse...this is another MUST HAVE for your library...
on January 31, 2000
As any other Derek Prince's book this one is based on the scriptures and illustrated by his rich experience. Derek Prince is by far my favorite Bible teacher -- he is humble, extremaly wise, practical, and attetive to the Holy Spirit.
Although many sound biblical churches acknowledge the existence of demons not many do anything about it. Mentioning that a born-again Christian can have a demon is treated as a heresy. Thank God that Derek Prince wrote this book. It is an invaluable source of information on subject of demons or expelling them. Read this book and judge by yourself. It can mean a whole new life for you, your friend, or a member of your family.
I disagree with the customer below who disliked this book. I wholeheartedly recommend not only this book, but all Derek's books and tapes.
on March 9, 2013
Basic Info on Topic:

Do NOT Cast Demons Out of An Unbeliever - Salvation First:
If you cast demons out of a non-believer, they will go out and later come back in with seven of their friends, each more evil than themselves...so the state of the man will be much worse off than it was before. Luke 11:24-26 - "When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house from whence I came out. And when he cometh, he findeth it swept out and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first."

Spirit Must Be in Control of Soul:
Ask the Lord to restore the natural order of your being before beginning spiritual warfare by simply praying, "Lord, please put my spirit (part of us that is able to communicate with God) in control of my soul (mind, will, & emotions)." It is your spirit, using the authority provided believers by lawful use of the name of Jesus, that is warring afterall...one will not be very effective trying to spiritually war with the soulish part of one's being. The spirit and the soul are two very different parts of our triad being. People have a body, a soul (mind, will, emotions), & a spirit (part of believers desires and is able to be in communication with God).

Plead the Blood of the Lamb:
First off, pray, "I plead the protective Blood of the Lamb over me, over (insert names of your family members here), and over my dwelling/property and everything in it."

Put on the Whole Amour of God:
See Ephesians 6:10-18, Romans 13:12-14

Forgiveness - Ask God to Forgive You for Known & Unknown Sin, Forgive All Others, Including Yourself:
One also needs to be mindful to ask for forgiveness of ALL sins known and unknown (listing known) in the name of Jesus first AND be sure to forgive all others and ask God to forgive them too. Keep in mind, demons can see our spiritual states, and they have a right to stay and torment if there is so much as one person you have not forgiven for sinning against you. Upon asking for forgiveness, do not let a lying demon bring up past sin again. Stand firm in the knowledge that God has forgiven you upon you repenting and asking Him to, and rebuke that demonic thought in the name of Jesus. Demons have to have a sin to anchor to...so them trying to make us doubt God's forgiveness of a sin is a desperate attempt to get us to sin so they aren't swept out of us by the order for them to go combined with the authority and power of the name of Jesus.

Break Curses, Including Generational Curses:
Be mindful to break all curses that might be upon your or another's life in the name of Jesus since some demons are specifically sent to fulfill curses spoken over us there due to our own idle words, or idle or purposeful words of others. Curses have to find sin in order to land, so asking for God's forgiveness before breaking curses in the name of Jesus is a must. Be sure not to forget to ask for forgiveness for the sins of your fathers (ancestors)...then ask God to release you from any generational curses in the name of Jesus.

Use Discernment:
Listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit, alter what you usually do anytime He tells you to so do, and be able to distinguish His voice from thoughts brought to your mind by your desperate demonic enemies.

Order Demons Out In the Name of Jesus:
Then get on to the part that this book deals mainly deals with, simply mean and say out loud, "In the name of Jesus and by the power of His precious blood, I bind up the spirit of (insert a strongman demon's name here) and all related, cooperative, and underling unclean spirits in the name of Jesus, and I order you all to get out right now in the name of Jesus." Be sure to tell them to get out like you mean it and be sure you use the name of Jesus. We don't have the legal right to throw them out, but Jesus does, so we must do so in His name. Demons are diabolical beings and expert lawyers...they will hold onto all technicalities and refuse to give up and leave unless beaten legally. Be angry upon encountering evil demonic trespassers since you as a believer have a right to be free because of what Jesus did at the cross for us. Be sure your voice is firm/authoritative when ordering unclean spirits to leave...it is okay to feel a swell of anger and have that in your voice. Show demons no mercy. The Word (Bible) is a sword that cuts demons. A good and easy to remember Sword to use against unclean spirits if they resist after telling them to get out is to say this out loud a few times, "By His (Jesus') stripes we are healed." There was not much distinction between healing and deliverance (forcing demons to get out of a person) in the New Testament...for a reason (think about who causes sickness, injuries, accidents, mental illness, torment, death & disease - satan and his demonic army).

Bible verses to use against demons (swords that injur them):

Matthew 18:18-20 - "Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind (chain up; leave powerless) on earth (demons) shall be bound (chained) in heaven; and whatsoever (Holy Spirit, Gifts of Healing, etc.) ye shall loose (unleash God's power) on earth shall be loosed (unleashed) in heaven. Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."

Matthew 12:29 - "How can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house" (...demons call people their houses)

2 Timothy 1:7 - "God hath not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Luke 11:21-22 - "When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace; but when a stronger than he shall come upon him, overcome him, and taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils."

James 4:7 - "Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

Mark 16:17-18 - "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils, they shall speak with new tongues, they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Other Books to Put on Your "To Read" List:
Once you read this book, these are other Scripturally sound books listed below to put on your "To Read" lists for jewels God taught each of these authors that they have shared with us all to aid in our own supernatural walks. Try asking the Lord to restore the natural order of your being before reading your Bible or other Christian teaching titles by simply praying, "Lord, please put my spirit (part of us that is able to communicate with God) in control of my soul (mind, will, & emotions)." You might find yourself blessed to be taking away more than just mere mental knowledge by so doing...

"The Supernatural Christian" by Ken Wood
"Prayers and Proclamations" by Derek & Ruth Prince
"The Gifts of the Spirit" by Derek Prince
"Power in the Name" by Derek Prince
"You Shall Receive Power" by Derek Prince
"Rules of Engagement: Preparing for Your Role in the Spiritual Battle" by Derek Prince
"The End" by Mark Hitchcock
"Strongman's His Name What's His Game?" by Drs. Jerry & Carol Robeson
"Alive Again" by Bill Banks
"Overcoming Blocks to Healing" by Bill Banks
"Bought with Blood" by Derek Prince
"They Shall Expell Demons" by Derek Prince
"Foundational Truths for Christian Living" by Derek Prince
"Surprised by Healing: One of the Greatest Healing Miracles of the 21st Century" by Delores Winder
"Entering the Presence of God" by Derek Prince
"The Normal Supernatural Christian Life" by Aliss Cresswell
"A Diary of Miracles" by Aliss Cresswell
"Called to Conquer" by Derek Prince
"Breaking Unhealthy Soul-Ties: Do Your Relationships Produce Bondage or Joy" by Bill & Sue Banks
"Supernatural Experiences: Expect the Supernatural" by Sid Roth & Linda Josef
"Stories of Supernatural Healings: Signs, Wonders, and Miracles" by Sid Roth & Linda Josef
"Supernatural Healing" by Sid Roth & Linda Josef