5.0 out of 5 stars 97!!

Published on December 16, 2011 by Camille

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Inappropriate advice in some sections, December 16, 2011
This review is from: 97 Things to Do Before You Finish High School (Paperback)
Bought this for my niece after reading all the reviews. Sounded good natured and innocent. I read through it when it came and found some of the ideas to be inappropriate, ESPECIALLY for young girls! I would never tell my little girl that she should skinny dip, throw a drinking party when her parents are gone, condone having sex and learning about Planned Parenthood...etc. Needless to say I did some editing and the remaining ideas were cute and appropriate. They included family values, volunteering, learning good habits...etc. I was a bit disappointed that NONE of the 12 reviews for this book had even mentioned this stuff!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great concept but a little inappropriate, December 21, 2011
This review is from: 97 Things to Do Before You Finish High School (Paperback)
I bought this book for my 13 year old niece who was entering high school. My niece is a bit sheltered and therefore young for her age. She read the book in short order and then reported it to her mother. My sister was on the phone to me (laughing)asking me what kind of books I was buying for her daughter. There were several inappropriate suggestions involving nudity and alcohol. My niece thought they were outrageous and told her mother. However, my niece really did like some of the suggestions and will be doing them (not the inappropriate stuff!). She also liked the setup of the book. I think she read the whole thing in less than an hour.

5.0 out of 5 stars 97!!, November 4, 2007
This review is from: 97 Things to Do Before You Finish High School (Paperback)
I absolutely love this book. I'm a senior in high school and havent satisfied much besides spening a lot of money on off campus lunch. This book goes into dept of things I should do from taking roadtrips, holding a fashion show, trying martial arts and cooking and tells me how to do it easily. I'm so excited to plan my senior school road trip and this book will tell me exactly how!! It covers many different categories and genres so there is something for everybody!

5.0 out of 5 stars gift for a niece, parents not too happy about it, February 5, 2014
This review is from: 97 Things to Do Before You Finish High School (Paperback)
Thought some of these were very funny. Parents had a different opinion. We may not be invited back next year.

2.0 out of 5 stars OK for a freshman, too late for a senior, June 18, 2012
This review is from: 97 Things to Do Before You Finish High School (Paperback)
Well, my title says it all. I ordered this for a high school senior but realized it was both too late and too juvenile for him, it is better for a freshman. There are a couple of pretty great novel ideas in here but most of it is kind of mommy or teacher think. I think the book is a great idea though, some one needs to do more with it than this iteration.

5.0 out of 5 stars mind-boggling., July 6, 2008
A. Graven (San Francisco CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 97 Things to Do Before You Finish High School (Paperback)
Before I read this book, I though High-School was going to be a depressing four years full of Bullies and beer breath that I would just have to block out and bear. But now, thanks to this magnificent read, I have things to do, ways to connect with people--even conversation pieces if your desperate. This book takes everything that should be good about highschool and serves it to you with a side of onion rings. A must have for a bored teen.

5.0 out of 5 stars 97 Points of Awesomeness, June 19, 2008
M. Nibbi (San Carlos, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 97 Things to Do Before You Finish High School (Paperback)
As a teen myself, I know (especially during the summer) how hard it can be simply to find meanful activities to fill your days when all you ant to do is catch up on lost sleep. I really enjoyed 97 Things simply because the activites listed in it are realistic and hold great potential for a fun or meaningful experience, whether by yourself or with friends (trust me, I tried both). 97 Things's condensed form and pure practicality make it a great summer handbook or otherwise. Great companion for any middle through high-schooler!

5.0 out of 5 stars All High Schoolers should read this!, December 21, 2007
97 things to do before you finish high school
By Cindy
This book provides eye opening information which shows you how to prepare your self for a personal development like. How to create a journal, how to look closely to a work of art this kind of things relate to you and teaches you how to improve or prepare your self for the future. These are things that most people don't think about in high school.
This book covers all the most significant things that you can relate, to and it is really interesting how things have there own way of teaching. Young people would really appreciate reading this book because everything would make sense and it will be way easier to try to do something when you have confidence.
Before I even read this book I never thought I would ever do something that could embarrassed me, like confess to a crush. Come on, a girl like me would never ask a guy out, but now that I have read that section in the book and learned me that every one should have confidence and trust them self's. You really don't loose anything and you'll get it over with. Buy this book! It is a great guide for teenagers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book review, April 10, 2011
This review is from: 97 Things to Do Before You Finish High School (Paperback)
I gave this book to my 16 year old grandaughter and she seemed to like it....said she shared with a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars 97, December 1, 2009
This review is from: 97 Things to Do Before You Finish High School (Paperback)
As a high school student myself, I absolutely loved this book! It gave me great ideas of things to do with my friends and for my own personal growth. A lot of them were relating to community service which is something that I love so I enjoyed getting new ideas with that. Overall, a great book that I recommend for any high school student.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xd82cc6fc)

97 Things to Do Before You Finish High School
97 Things to Do Before You Finish High School by Steven Jenkins (Paperback - May 1, 2008)
$10.99 $6.94