- File Size: 7468 KB
- Print Length: 82 pages
- Publisher: TED Conferences (December 18, 2012)
- Publication Date: December 18, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00APTWKV8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#274,643 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #83 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Teacher Resources > Education Theory > Decision Making & Problem Solving
- #101 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Creativity & Genius
- #334 in Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Creativity & Genius
Things Don't Have To Be Complicated: Illustrated Six-Word Memoirs by Students Making Sense of the World (TED Books) Kindle Edition
Browse our Teacher Supplies store, with everything teachers need to educate students and expand their learning.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
He's also a contributing editor of ESPN Magazine and has been the articles editor of Men's Journal, executive editor of Yahoo Internet Life, a founding editor of P.O.V., as well an editor at Dave Eggers' Might magazine. His writing has appeared in The New York Times, Popular Science, Men's Health, Salon, Slate, and elsewhere. He has contributed personal essays to the anthologies "Modern Love: 50 True and Extraordinary Tales of Desire, Deceit, and Devotion," "Maybe Baby: 28 Writers Tell the Truth About Skepticism, Infertility, Baby Lust, Childlessness, Ambivalence, and How They Made the Biggest Decision of Their Lives," "Cassette From My Ex," "Unscrolled: 54 Writers and Authors Wrestle with the Torah," an "Unstuck: 52 Ways to Get (and Keep) Your Creativity Flowing at Home, at Work & in Your Studio."
Larry has led team-building workshops and spoken on the power of storytelling in schools across America, as well as at foundations and nonprofits, and companies such as ESPN, Twitter, Dell, Shutterfly, Yelp, and Google.
To contact Larry for a speaking engagement or workshop, email: news AT smithmag DOT net.
Top Customer Reviews
I capture images with my lenses.
Larry Smith's book shows something very similar. I love it. I have learned a lot from the book because it shows possibility to be even shorter in your expressions (6 words only) + it shows how you can speak about yourself, about your life shortly and effectively.
The whole skill in both above mentioned cases is to catch the most important point of view. Really THE MOST important. You need to learn how to do it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Such a quick but very interesting read! Very eye opening and makes you think both about where these students come from, as well as what you would write yourself given your... Read morePublished 21 months ago by srs566
You can look at all these pictures on their website. If you are reading on the kindle, you can't increase the size of the pictures so some of them are unreadable.Published 21 months ago by KitCatPattyWhack
i ENJOYED READING"THINGS DON'T HAVE TO BE COMPLICATED",MADE ME THINK HOW I MIGHT SUM UP MY LIFE AND IT WAS ENJOYABLE TO SEE HOW OTHERS USED ONLY SIX WORDS TO GIVE YOU A... Read morePublished on January 30, 2013 by music lover
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Education & Teaching > Schools & Teaching > Education Theory
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Creativity & Genius
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Education & Reference
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Teacher Resources > Education Theory > Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology > Creativity & Genius