Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on April 2, 2009
This book is not only beautiful on the outside, it is on the inside as well. It shares so many great inspirations and goals that every young man should aspire for. I would recommend this book to all young men. We need something like this is the inner city schools as a guide for young men. There are so many households that lack that father figure and of course, a book cannot replace that figure, but it has great guidance to help those young man that don't have a positive roll model to look up to.

I think it would be great if there was a poster to go along with this book. This way as young men accomplish the 101 things mentioned, they can check mark it off as, "I have succeeded in completing this statement."

Pick this book up! It's worth it to see your son(s) succeed!
on May 6, 2009
As a Juvenile Court Counselor in the State of North Carolina I have the opportunity to work with many young men of color. When I read this book it showed me what so many of these young men are missing. This book and video (Men II Boys) gives it's reader and viewers things to show young men of color. Since purchasing this book I have ask young men if they knew how to tie a tie, if they know how to pray, if they know how to shave etc. The answer is always "NO". We need to teach them in order to reach them. Please people get the book. My seven year old is reading it now (it's an easy read) and we will begin the teaching after the reading.
on September 29, 2009
Both of your reviews are absolutely spot on. I went to one of their seminars and they were surely connecting with the youth. The OBW is..., they also now have the poster and it is on the wall by both of my sons' rooms.