Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 16, 2012
Its a fairly thought provoking set of articles concerning concealed carry and self-defense. However, you can do a search for the title and download as a PDF for free.
22 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2013
....and that's what you should expect. Granted, it does have some very good material here and there and some stuff to practice/think about in certain situations, but that's about it for the "good" of the review. They say you get what you pay for, and that is evident on this purchase. This could have been a proofreaders dream....if they had a proofreader actually read it before being published. Numerous times in only 47 pages you can find errors like misspelled words. Or sentences that either do not make sense or just end abruptly and start a new paragraph as you turn the page. Another issue is the photos. One in particular: he is talking about a line of "subjects" from the defenders point of view @ distances of 50, 30, 21, 12 and 6 feet. Not only is the picture not on the same page as the discussion, the picture only shows 3/4 of one body and 1/4 of 2 other bodies. Not even close to the 5 subjects he is referring to that would help the reader understand what he is talking about.

All in all, you DO get what you pay for. For $1 it's not too bad of a purchase, and something to keep as a refresher to go back to now and then. Just don't expect a bestseller or something that you would give many stars to. Then again, that's just my $.03 and I could afford it with this inexpensive purchase.
on April 3, 2013
This is a sham. It's an advertisement to join Concealed Carry.
I have nothing against the organization, but they shouldn't be disguising this as a book.
Let them promote themselves honestly.
on May 7, 2012
Almost seems like it's a book telling you not to CC and to think twice about defending yourself. Maybe I did more reading before I got my CC license than most, but it does bring out some good points, but in the end it's about prepaying for a lawyer via insurance. The biggest thing I got is that according to this book our rights are only as good as the lawyer you can afford and that our rights are up for sale. But then I have little use for lawyers or politicians to begin with.
on March 6, 2012
I'm new to shooting, and am looking to get my CCW license. I'm so glad I found this on my kindle- it has saved me lots of time, and has answered lots of my questions. I respect how they focus on how to AVOID having to use your gun, but to be ready to use it at a moment's notice. Very good, balanced, safe information. I hope everyone who already carries has read this. Thanks, Amanda
on February 18, 2013
Disjointed set of various papers that amount to an Advertisment to join a group.
The group might be worthwhile for the insurance, but I resent buying an Advertisment.
on January 8, 2013
I read the book twice and still don't know wat the 7 things are. I would not recommend this book to any of my friends that carry concealed.
on April 12, 2013
I'll keep this short It's not a bad book or brochure or whatever it is, but after reading it, I would say its more like an advertisement for a weapons course. It was only $1 so I can't complain too much, but it should have been free. Out of the entire thing which is really short I only picked up a new phrase and that is: "Don't ask when you can shoot, ask when do you need to shoot." That about sums up this "book". I felt this book was all common sense information.

If your looking for some good tips for carrying concealed or even tactical advise look else where.
on March 6, 2012
Worth every penny. This report was very informative and outlines some important points to consider before carrying concealed - well done.
on May 11, 2015
Review – Seven Things You Must Know Before You Leave Your House With Your Gun

This is an excellent little book. It is not the definitive text on concealed carry, but an excellent refresher for the individual who is carrying a weapon concealed, legally. It is from the people at Concealed Carry Magazine, including Patrick Kilchermann of the Concealed Carry Association.

Covered in quite some detail are 1) the mindset of the individual who is carrying. It is not “when can I shoot?” but “When must I shoot?” 2) Retention devices on the holster. 3) The ten second rule of dying. 4) live fire drills 5) one hand out of commission shooting. Not covered are gun choices and holster choices, although there are some recommendations and state by state law differences. There is a whole chapter strongly recommending “Self-Defense Shield” insurance, which includes strong language on why it is needed.

The book is a compilation of several outstanding authors in the field including Kilcherman, Don Stahlnecker, Kevin Michalowski, sArmando Basulto, Tim Schmidt, and Massad Ayoob.

While not a textbook for the individual in the first concealed permit class, this is a useful little book expressing very well several important concepts in the concealed carry world. I recommend it strongly for someone who does not regularly read Concealed Carry Magazine and is carrying, even if on a part time basis.