5.0 out of 5 stars Love is not enough
This is not just a manual for those who have set their wedding date; it should be required reading for anyone who has begun to date. It helps to have a guide to know what to look for. It contains discussions on: love is not enough, 2 stages of romance, like mother-like daughter-like father- like son, solve disagreements, apologizing, forgiveness, toilets are not...
Published on October 6, 2010 by wogan

3.0 out of 5 stars A Good Primer for Marriage
As you can tell by the title of this book, it targets those who are thinking about getting married, in the process of, and newlyweds. I would even suggest this book for a marriage on the rocks; it might help give that couple the chance to step back, look at everything, and possibly see where they can work in order to save the marriage.

I have to admit, my first...
Published on July 1, 2011 by Michael Brown

‹ Previous | 111 12 1329 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Engagement or Wedding Present, December 2, 2013
This review is from: Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married (Paperback)
This book will have help engaged and married couples walk through many important areas that need to be understood. It seems his primary target is engaged couples but he always closes off a topic by how a married couple can deal with this issue even if it is or seems problematic. He summaries his book, Five Love Languages, into one chapter - which is what it should have been in the first place.

This is my new wedding present. The old present was John Gottman's book, Seven Principles that Make Marriage Work and Gary Chapman's Five Love Languages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, December 2, 2013
This review is from: Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married (Paperback)
Love this book. It's a nice easy read. Definitely makes you put your relationship into another perspective. I would recommend this book to those that are on the road to getting married or already married.

5.0 out of 5 stars Single stillGood to read, November 28, 2013
This review is from: Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married (Paperback)
Really great read! Even if single! Gives you a heads up on some practical things to do and think about in your relationship. Would read again and again

5.0 out of 5 stars Very practical and valuable, November 25, 2013
Totally awesome book. My husband and I read it together while we were engaged. We have referred to it again and again. I have recommended it to several people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book...Highly Recommended!, November 18, 2013
This review is from: Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married (Paperback)
I absolutely love this book. I could not stop reading and I finished it in no time. The chapters are very concise, yet detailed. I am re-reading some of the chapters to refresh my memory on some of Dr. Chapman's advice and suggestions. I have learnt much about my fiancé from reading this book but I have also learnt a great deal about myself (yes myself!) from reading this book. It was like staring into a mirror. I have decided to apply some of the concepts and they seem to be working (especially with respect to resolving conflicts), but, of course, change is a process and everything takes time. Excellent book! I recommend everyone read it...single, dating, courting, engaged, married.

5.0 out of 5 stars This helped my fiancee and me prepare for marriage more than any other book., November 1, 2013
This review is from: Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married (Paperback)
My fiancee and I started reading this book together right away after we began talking seriously about marriage. It led to some extremely important conversations that would have been hard to start without this book as a catalyst. The conversations sparked by this book were essential to the two of us feeling confident that we could have a successful marriage. I give my highest recommendation to this book, especially for couples that are considering getting engaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, October 26, 2013
Really great book for people who are not married yet like me, or for people who just need a fresh and interesting set of things to try to revamp.
Definitely worth it, but be careful, you may need to change things in you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book, October 24, 2013
This review is from: Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married (Paperback)
Book has helped us in so many ways. I recommend it to anyone wanting to get married in the near future or already married.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, October 19, 2013
It was a good read. Will definitely use some of the author's advice in my personal relationship. Good book. Was pretty cheap as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource to use!!, October 18, 2013
I loved the down to earth feeling of how messages were communicated. Because it is real information that everyone could use. People these days are too selfish and lazy, and because they dont have this knowledge the divorce rate is at an all time high.

I would recommend this book for anyone in a relationship. Celebs as well as 'regular people' should know this informstion.

‹ Previous | 111 12 1329 | Next ›

Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married
Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married by Gary Chapman (Paperback - September 1, 2010)
$12.99 $8.55