5.0 out of 5 stars Challenging but simple game!
My two children ages 8 and 7 love this, as do my husband and I. It's great in building thinking skills. The challenging cards are enough to stump the adults, yet the beginner cards are a great starting point for the kids. A great game to take places where you have to sit and wait for awhile. I highly recommend it!
Published on December 5, 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor description yields cheap product.
Cheap description yields a cheap product. I bought this after playing at a friends house. They must have had a deluxe version as it was nice. This one is much smaller, has a lot less cards and just feels cheap. Read the descriptions closely or get what I got.
Published 10 months ago by flier

5.0 out of 5 stars Challenging but simple game!, December 5, 1999
This review is from: ThinkFun Rush Hour (Toy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely the most fun educational toy I have ever seen!, November 18, 1999
This review is from: ThinkFun Rush Hour (Toy)
Every child who comes to our house & plays this game is hooked and asks to play next time. I am a teacher by profession and this is a very unintimidating logic & reasoning game (for all ages)- I would highly recommend! I have just ordered 5 more to give as x-mas gifts this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Taxing Traffic Teasers, July 10, 2001
This review is from: ThinkFun Rush Hour (Toy)
The concept is so simple it's ingenious. Drive your car in a straight line. But if you've ever been in NY during rush hour, you know that's not always easy. I am of course referring to gridlock, that bane of city traffic, when no cars can move. Well in Rush Hour, you get to move around all the cars and trucks to clear a path for yourself. The game comes with a set of cards (easily stored in the plastic tray) that show where to set up the cars. That takes a minute, but some of the puzzles take a long time to solve. They range from very easy to very hard. And Binary Arts sells extra card sets so the fun never ends! This game is sure to make a lot of kids into civil engineers. As for durability, you could probably throw this game out the window while driving on the highway, and it would be ok. Just better hope it's not rush hour!

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT NOW!, May 26, 2000
This review is from: ThinkFun Rush Hour (Toy)
I am a homeschool mom. I am fussy about what my kids spend time on. Railroad Rush Hour is FUN and it makes the mind think sequentially, logically, spacially, creatively and more. I have four kids. My only warning is that one of these games in the household is not enough. I paid twice this price in a retail shop. Now I can order another from Amazon. By the way, I have to disagree with the age recommendation. My 3 and 5 year olds did all ten "Junior Traffic Jams" in one day! They are up to the #12 card now. Meanwhile, my 9 and 10 years olds are still challenged on the upper cards and I enjoy the 30's. It's for all ages. Never under estimate what small children can do. Their brains are actually superior in their ability to learn than the rest of us over age 7. BUY THIS GAME NOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great problem-solving challenge, January 17, 2000
This review is from: ThinkFun Rush Hour (Toy)
Many of the reviews posted so far say, in one way or another, "I bought this for a kid, but I love it, too." I'm not ashamed to say that I'm neither a parent nor a teacher and that I bought this for myself. (I did buy another set for my sister's kids when I saw how great it was.) I've always liked Binary Arts products, and this did not disappoint. What I especially like, and why I think it's valuable educationally, is that it forces you to identify the root causes of the problem and to map out intermediate goals on your way to a solution. If you like this kind of thinking, you'll enjoy this game.
As others have noted, the packaging is not great because it makes it a little too easy to lose pieces. That accounts for my 4 stars for "durability."

5.0 out of 5 stars A great game and a great time!, December 17, 1999
This review is from: ThinkFun Rush Hour (Toy)
Ever stuck in gridlock? Think you know the easiest way out? Then you are ready to take the challenge of Binary Arts' Rush Hour Game. Beware escaping gridlock is not as easy at it seems.
The directions are simple; setup the game board using the forty game cards, arranged from beginners' skill level to the expert. Move the cars and trucks out of the way and get you red car off the board.
The game is made to have you thinking, and planning strategy is a key to winning. I found myself playing for hours and the more I played the more fun I had. Also since storage is easy this game travels well.
For those rainy days, those family night outings or when friends drop over, you can't go wrong with this game. About the only thing Binary Arts needs now is a thinking game involving aircraft.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great logic and reasoning game, November 27, 1999
This review is from: ThinkFun Rush Hour (Toy)
My family loves this game. It teaches logic and reasoning skills in a non-intimidating way. The game offers different skill levels. Players can choose more challenging levels as they get more experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a buy!, October 13, 2000
mikelynn (solihull, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ThinkFun Rush Hour (Toy)
This is an excellent game. It certainly kept our children busy for many hours on a wet camping holiday in France. The only arguments were over who would have it next, as it is very much a one player game. The little plastic pieces are fairly durable, though they may get lost. The idea is quite simple - get the red car out of the traffic jam by maneouvering all the pieces along and up and down. It is very surprising how tricky some of the puzzles (you have a pack of cards with the starting positions) can be. The idea behingd this puzzle will not be new to people who are familiar with 'sliding block' puzzles. There is a version of this game on the web so you can 'try before you buy'!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy for kids of all ages!, November 15, 1999
This review is from: ThinkFun Rush Hour (Toy)
We got this game for our son, who was four at the time, and even though it is recommended for ages eight and up, he has been able to do the beginning and intermediate levels. It's wonderful to find a toy they can spend hours playing, without them realizing how much they are learning. My husband and I have also enjoyed having a game to play with him that we don't tire of like so many games designed for this age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun with Logic Puzzles, December 23, 2004
Micole Roy (Sugar Land, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ThinkFun Rush Hour (Toy)
This 'game' will most likely be a winner with anyone 5 or beyond who likes solving puzzles. I originally purchased Rush Hour as a gift for my 5 year old son who loves puzzles. However, it was so much fun that I found myself pulling the game out while my son was asleep and driving solo. Since that time several of my relatives have joined in on the fun during family visits. So this Christmas we purchased additional copies of the game to give as gifts to family members who asked for it. While the packaging is poor, the game surely soars.

ThinkFun Rush Hour