Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it DJ Shadow Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 4, 2004
I bought this game for my children several years ago on the advice of the owner of my favorite toy store. I love board games, and my children were 3 and 5 then, and just starting to enjoy them as well. Well, we couldn't get the kids to stop playing Zingo. They played quietly for more than 2 hours. Since you can play with up to 8 players, we have had lots of neighborhood kids playing the game out on the front steps. Since then, I have bought at least 10 Zingo games -- I have given them to all my children's friends and I always keep a few around to give out for birthday gifts. Everyone loves this game.
0Comment|328 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2003
My son got this for his fourth birthday and still plays with it regularly (he's now over 5). He'd just started to read when he got it, and the game helped him add many new words to his vocabulary - but more importantly, it was fun! His friends loved it so much that several of them asked for their own sets as gifts. We play until everyone wins and gets to shout Zingo!, and the kids help each other get there. And my son even plays it sometimes by himself. It's really wonderful, very very fun, and would be great for kids from about 3 to at least 6.
0Comment|114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2008
2 1/2 and 4 1/2 year olds playing Zingo. You can see that even the 2 1/2 year old can play and can set up the game.
77 comments|145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2012
After reading all the 5-star reviews about Zingo, I was surprised to be quite disappointed by this game. It is a variation on Bingo, but Bingo, yes Bingo, is better. In Bingo everyone who has B3 or O72 on their card gets to mark it. But in Zingo, only the fastest player who can grab the tile gets to mark the card. If you are playing with an older and younger child, the older one is almost always sure to grab it first, leading to unneeded conflicts. If an adult is playing against a child, the adult is surely to always win unless you lose the game purposefully. In the description the game claims to teach vocabulary recognition, but with words like pig, house, sun, tree, cake, bat, shoe, bird, etc., that's not much teaching of vocabulary for a 4-8 year old. At least in Bingo, the younger ones are learning 2-digit number recognition. After a couple of rounds my kids needed to play more than one card to keep up the interest level. After that the main attraction was the tile dispenser. That part of the game was most fun of all. Who would get to be in charge of the sliding tile dispenser? Soon the tile dispenser was the only thing they were playing with.

The thing I did like was the quality of the cards, tiles, and tile dispenser. Everything was quality made, not at all flimsy. If it did get played with, I know it would last.
1212 comments|204 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 14, 2004
This preschooler variation of the old favorite Bingo is a real winner.

Zingo cards have a 3 by 3 grid that shows pictures and words. Cards have a yellow side (easier, for younger kids) and a red side for the older ones. The plastic game piece dispenser is well-designed and fun to use. Players shout out to claim a piece, which is then placed over the appropriate square on the player's card. There are several play variations.

Excellent game for the younger set, and fun for older children and adults as well. Designed so it's easy for players of varying ages to play together.
0Comment|129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 7, 2006
My family absolutely loves this game. Our three year old especially loves it. The main issue with it is the difficulty of reloading the dispenser. My suggestion for the company would be to print the pictures on both sides of the tiles so they could be inserted in the dispenser either side up. This would save a lot of time and effort for the parents!
66 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2006
I bought this game for my five year old child and the entire family enjoys it. He is constantly asking someone to play with him and we are always willing. We have not gotten tired of this one yet. Very easy for a young child to use. Highly recommend.
on January 18, 2008
My 4 yr old son received this game as a gift and he loves it. Basically it is Bingo with a twist, focusing more on sight words / images that kids can recognize. He loves playing with it, hands out the scorecards to anyone in our home who is willing to play.

What amazes me, though, is that my 20 month old daughter also loves this game and she has learned so many words from it that we wouldn't think to teach her. For instance, "ghost" "worm" "bug" "house". She recognizes them, says them (without prompting) and then matches them on her scorecard. I'm not saying this to tout my kid -- not at all, but because this has become a wonderful learning game for her.

The version of the game I have is actually by Discovery Toys, but I'm pretty sure its the same as this version by ThinkFun.
on December 27, 2011
Zingo is bingo and "snap" together in one. Each player is given a card with 9 pictures on it. A dealer slides a mechanism and two tiles pop out of a plastic box. The first individual to match the tiles to their card claims the appropriate tile. Play continues until someone covers the entire card or creates a previous agreed upon pattern (four corners, three in a row, etc.)

Durability: the tiles are a hard plastic, the dealing mechanism is also a hard plastic with no tiny mechanical parts. I expect these to last a long time. The cards are roughly 5X7 and are a thick cardboard, so as long as they are not exposed to liquid, should be fine for years to come. The only thing is that the tiles need a little bit of a strong push to be placed back in their holder. This could be an issue for younger kids; however I don't expect any breakage due to the extra force that is needed.

Level: this is for young kids. Our oldest of four kids is 6, and he loves to play this game. However, his younger brother, who is only 2 1/2, caught on quickly to the concept and was able to start matching tiles to his card within 2-3 rounds of the game.

Time: The games can be completely fairly quickly. We finished games anywhere between 5 and 10 minutes. This is good with the young kids because they like clearing their cards and starting over.

Educational: This game can help with matching, recognition, memory and, eventually, word recognition (each picture, whether it is on the card or the tile, also has a word underneath it.)

Price: Best price was on Amazon that I could find.

Overall: A fun, family-friendly game for young players. Wouldn't recommend for anyone older than 10 (and that is pushing it a little bit). Box and pieces are sturdy. If taken care of it, it will last a long time.
on November 17, 2003
my 4 yr old daughter received this game as a gift. she hasn't stopped playing it! Everyone in the family has fun with Zingo! from my 8 yr old daughter to my mother in law! Great family fun!