5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the Traveling Family
Published 23 months ago by LaVonne Long

1.0 out of 5 stars too noisy and too frustrating
Published on January 11, 2011 by Maria S.

1.0 out of 5 stars too noisy and too frustrating, January 11, 2011
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: ThinkFun Zingo To Go (Toy)
My kids and I are huge Zingo fans, so when I saw travel Zingo in the store I jumped at it. Sadly, this is a poor, poor imitation of the real thing. Zingo "cards" are made by clicking together strips of pictures that flip over when you see them. There are only nine three-object strips, so at most, three people can play, and it's impossible to make three "cards" with no repeated pictures. Pictures are chosen by shaking three dice in a shaker, then making them fall into window slots in the shaker. Some pictures get repeated endlessly and others never, ever come up. The shaker is unbelievably noisy - there is no way you could play this on a plane without causing a riot. And there is no way I'd drive in a car with it shaking - the noise is way too distracting. A big fail. Stick with the original Zingo, which is a great game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the Traveling Family, August 10, 2012
This review is from: ThinkFun Zingo To Go (Toy)
I do not have the full sized Zingo game so this review is based on this game alone. The day this educational travel game arrived, my daughter (4) could not wait to try it out. We played our first game right on the kitchen counter. We tied! She was happy to take it that afternoon grocery shopping and played the game again with her dad. Then the next day she played it alone on the way to church. Let's just say she LOVES it. Simple to play with for a four year old, it is just like the classic Bingo game.

The snap together game boards are somewhat difficult to attach together, so my daughter had to let us snap hers together. The pictures flip to create a traffic light and they are a bit stiff at first. After playing three games they loosen up though. Though the dice, when shaken, are a bit loud, not too loud for a preschool game. We won't play it when baby brother is sleeping but it is fine otherwise. We recommend this game to anyone with young kids. Perfect for travel, easy to play, bright colors and recognizable pictures.

*I received this product for review purposes. All opinions are mine.

2.0 out of 5 stars Loud, February 27, 2013
This review is from: ThinkFun Zingo To Go (Toy)
Too loud when you shake the car to get the pieces. My toddler didn't find this game too fun. Bought for travel but didn't take on plane because we would have annoyed passengers with loudness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a road trip, February 9, 2011
A. Bates (FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ThinkFun Zingo To Go (Toy)
This is an excellent travel version of the Zingo game - also a favorite. It's durable, adjustable for many or few players, and my 2-year-old can even play - and not lose any pieces to his brother's game. The only con is the noise. The car shaker can get pretty loud with the dice, especially when the kids shake it as hard as they can. But if an adult shakes it, it's not that bad. My kids want to play it, even if we're not in the car. I would recommend to anyone looking for a game for preschoolers and up to play. My husband has fun too.

4.0 out of 5 stars it's fun, April 3, 2013
This review is from: ThinkFun Zingo To Go (Toy)
Ever since I got it, my daugter wanted to play with it over and over again. We all had fun from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4 and 5.5 year old love it!, January 14, 2013
Mom to Lovely Lizzie (Arlington, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ThinkFun Zingo To Go (Toy)
My 4 yr old boy and 5,5 yr old girl both really like it. I like that there are no parts to lose a the dice are in an enclosed shaker.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son's favorite game, September 5, 2012
This review is from: ThinkFun Zingo To Go (Toy)
Both my kids (girl, age 5 and son, age 2 1/2) love this game. It is very portable, and I love that there are no small parts to lose. The recommended age is 4+, I think? But it is a very easy game that a 2yo can grasp; they just aren't good at shaking the car (dice roller) at that age. Game is quick, simple, fun. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for the little ones, June 3, 2012
This review is from: ThinkFun Zingo To Go (Toy)
My four year old daughter love this game, and even my older daughter (7 years old) enjoy it too. It is easy to use and to play. It does not involve that much help from an adult, so very little frustration for my 4 year old. The only con is that it is slightly noisy, but a big plus is that it does not need batteries.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but noisy, January 23, 2012
BabySteps (Chicagoland, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ThinkFun Zingo To Go (Toy)
We have had this toy for over a year now. My kids aged 2 and 4 LOVE it. It is easy to pack in a purse or diaper bag for restaurants or in the car. I will say that shaking it is pretty loud, so we only bring it out in loud, family friendly restaurants.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for on the go!, October 7, 2011
Lisa Lin (Ann Arbor, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ThinkFun Zingo To Go (Toy)
I work with students at their home and/or school and bring novel games with me as a reinforcer/prize for students doing their work and for working on play/social skills. Zingo To Go is great fun for students. It's engaging (and noisy, but the kids love it!) and teaches matching, turn-taking, and rules of the game. It comes with a pouch to hold all the game pieces that makes it easy to transport and clean up.

ThinkFun Zingo To Go