Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ThinkFun Zingo To Go
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 11, 2011
My kids and I are huge Zingo fans, so when I saw travel Zingo in the store I jumped at it. Sadly, this is a poor, poor imitation of the real thing. Zingo "cards" are made by clicking together strips of pictures that flip over when you see them. There are only nine three-object strips, so at most, three people can play, and it's impossible to make three "cards" with no repeated pictures. Pictures are chosen by shaking three dice in a shaker, then making them fall into window slots in the shaker. Some pictures get repeated endlessly and others never, ever come up. The shaker is unbelievably noisy - there is no way you could play this on a plane without causing a riot. And there is no way I'd drive in a car with it shaking - the noise is way too distracting. A big fail. Stick with the original Zingo, which is a great game.
on August 10, 2012
I do not have the full sized Zingo game so this review is based on this game alone. The day this educational travel game arrived, my daughter (4) could not wait to try it out. We played our first game right on the kitchen counter. We tied! She was happy to take it that afternoon grocery shopping and played the game again with her dad. Then the next day she played it alone on the way to church. Let's just say she LOVES it. Simple to play with for a four year old, it is just like the classic Bingo game.

The snap together game boards are somewhat difficult to attach together, so my daughter had to let us snap hers together. The pictures flip to create a traffic light and they are a bit stiff at first. After playing three games they loosen up though. Though the dice, when shaken, are a bit loud, not too loud for a preschool game. We won't play it when baby brother is sleeping but it is fine otherwise. We recommend this game to anyone with young kids. Perfect for travel, easy to play, bright colors and recognizable pictures.

*I received this product for review purposes. All opinions are mine.
on June 17, 2011
My 2 kids loved the original Zingo, especially the 2 year old, who obviously needed help. This one didn't stir much interest. Indeed it was so loud I'd rather that they don't play it. Their friends who never played the original did have fun for a little while.
on January 27, 2016
My 4 year-old daughter loves this gave too much, which can be a bad thing if you don't want to play it ten times in a row! Zingo! Nicely made game and the Zingo number dispenser works well. Definitely keeps kids engaged!
on February 9, 2011
This is an excellent travel version of the Zingo game - also a favorite. It's durable, adjustable for many or few players, and my 2-year-old can even play - and not lose any pieces to his brother's game. The only con is the noise. The car shaker can get pretty loud with the dice, especially when the kids shake it as hard as they can. But if an adult shakes it, it's not that bad. My kids want to play it, even if we're not in the car. I would recommend to anyone looking for a game for preschoolers and up to play. My husband has fun too.
on July 13, 2011
Our family can not get enough of the original ThinkFun Zingo game, but with the bulky device and dozens of little plastic tokens, it just didn't work for travel. Zingo! To Go solves this problem in an adorably packaged travel version, with the tokens replaced by image dice contained within a funky little "Zoomer" car that serves as a shaker and display once the 2 dice drop into the headlights to reveal the images to match. Instead of cardboard mats, players use adorable snap-together stoplights as playing boards, flipping over images once they've identified a match and trying to be the first to complete the red yellow and green stoplight.

I especially love that this can be played by up to 9 players, a perfect way to engage the entire family when we're on vacation!
on September 5, 2012
Both my kids (girl, age 5 and son, age 2 1/2) love this game. It is very portable, and I love that there are no small parts to lose. The recommended age is 4+, I think? But it is a very easy game that a 2yo can grasp; they just aren't good at shaking the car (dice roller) at that age. Game is quick, simple, fun. Love it.
on June 3, 2012
My four year old daughter love this game, and even my older daughter (7 years old) enjoy it too. It is easy to use and to play. It does not involve that much help from an adult, so very little frustration for my 4 year old. The only con is that it is slightly noisy, but a big plus is that it does not need batteries.
on October 7, 2011
I work with students at their home and/or school and bring novel games with me as a reinforcer/prize for students doing their work and for working on play/social skills. Zingo To Go is great fun for students. It's engaging (and noisy, but the kids love it!) and teaches matching, turn-taking, and rules of the game. It comes with a pouch to hold all the game pieces that makes it easy to transport and clean up.
on February 27, 2013
Too loud when you shake the car to get the pieces. My toddler didn't find this game too fun. Bought for travel but didn't take on plane because we would have annoyed passengers with loudness.