5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids learning to read
My child is just begining to read but finds sight word flashcards and other teaching tools boring. She LOVES the slider in the game and was able to identify words after the first time we played it! I highly recommend this for kids in preschool or kindergarden who know their letter sounds but are resistant to flashcards and the like.
Published 24 months ago by VA Mom

3.0 out of 5 stars Only 24 different words.
When I read in the description that the game had 72 tiles, I assumed 72 different words; after all, it is marketed for children in pre-K to 1st grade. The description should mention that there are only 24 different words (three tiles per word).

Published 13 months ago by No No

3.0 out of 5 stars Only 24 different words., August 12, 2013
This review is from: Zingo! Sight Words, (Game)

The words included are as follows: AND, COME, FOR, HERE, MY, SAID, THE, THREE, WE, WHERE, ARE, HAVE, OUR, SHE, THERE, THEY, WENT, WHAT, WHO, ME, IN, TWO, NOW, WANT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids learning to read, September 27, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Love to Learn, November 8, 2013
This review is from: Zingo! Sight Words, (Game)
Over the past couple of weeks we have been having fun learning and practicing sight words with this game. This momma, loves fun learning games. I am a firm believer that when we are having fun and enjoying whatever it may be, we are learning way more.

The dreaded sight words or should I say "Trick Words" Sight words are words you cannot sound out usually, so after teaching your child to sound the word family words out and they get a good rhythm going on, now we have to throw a wrench in it with these crazy words...lol! Teaching sight words may try to trip you up, as a teacher, but don't let them keep you down. Sight words, as you know are very important for children to learn, they make up over half of what we read, so you want your child to be strong and confident with these words, but it doesn't have to be boring and time consuming, make it fun with Zingo! Sight Words.

I have one struggling reader and one fluent reader and they both enjoy this game. My struggler, though I make sure to play this game mostly one on one to slow it down a bit, otherwise the fluent reader takes over and totally dominates the game, hence discouraging my struggler. So beware, we want to make sure to give a little competiveness, but when it comes to learning make sure it is relaxed and fun.

More about Zingo! Sight Words

Two levels-One side of the game board is less competitive/Other Side more competitive.

Developing Skills

Fine Motor Skills and Coordination
Taking Turns
Winning and Losing

Things we love about Zingo

This game is a spin off of the very popular bingo game and we love bingo! I love the Zingo Zinger and it works great, the girls had no problem sliding it or putting the tiles back in the slots...even my 3 year old could do it:-) Yes my 3 year old plays too, she gets some help from momma in her corner, but she is really good at matching, even though she can't read, that's why I love the pictures and patterns for extra help for the early learners and the struggling readers.

Who Should Play Zingo?

This game is meant for Pre-K-1st grade, but my 2nd grader and 3 year old preschooler love it too. You can vary the game to match the level anyway you want to.

The Various Ways We Play

For my 3 year old, she matches the words and the pictures, without knowing what they say.

For my 1st and 2nd graders, I have them close their eyes after they say the word and have them spell it or use it in a sentence.

I plan on in the future having them maybe write the spelling/sentence on paper to get extra handwriting practice in too...Not every time though I still want to keep it fun.

What We would Change

There are actually only 24 words, the game description says 72 tiles so you would assume that there are 72 different words, not so...hmm. I would definitely say please add more words:-)

Homeschool mom of 3
Seeking Kingdom First

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids are loving Zingo!, November 2, 2012
This review is from: Zingo! Sight Words, (Game)
We have a lot of the ThinkFun games and we love every one of them, but the sight word Zingo! just might be my favorite. I home school my kids and my boys ages 6 and 4 love to play games...but don't love to read as much as my girl does. This game has been huge in helping both of them recognize sight words not only in the game but in reading their books as well. They are much more willing to read when they don't get frustrated over these words that don't "sound out" like other words. The game can be played together at both of their skill levels, so that makes it really nice. I also love that they can play it independently without my help and supervision when I need to be working with their older sister or taking care of the baby. I know that they are learning and having fun at the same time and as a mom, that is huge! I would recommend this game to anyone with a preschooler through second or third grade. Especially those that have a frustrated reader or two like myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!, December 31, 2012
This review is from: Zingo! Sight Words, (Game)
It kept my son involved and is great for adhd kids. My son has been struggling with sight words and we have tried ipad apps, but the hands on really helps with attention span.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for learning game, November 26, 2013
This review is from: Zingo! Sight Words, (Game)
I am a homeschooling mom and ordered this for my first grade son. He likes this game and could play it well enough to keep up with his third grade sister ( who also likes it ). It could have more words but I'll take it.We aLSO found some missing word tiles so i emailed the company, they sent a whole other bag of words out right away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for Parents, Too, January 4, 2013
Janet (Hermitage, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zingo! Sight Words, (Game)
So many of the games we play with our 7-year-old are boring for us, but this was a fun, quick game. She loves the slider! This would be a fun literacy center for the classroom, too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game for beginning readers, December 22, 2013
This review is from: Zingo! Sight Words, (Game)
This is a game that can be played pretty cooperatively with younger children - there will be a "winner," but the winning can be shared by all. After a few rounds of Zingo Sight Words, my four year old got fast at recognizing the 24 words in this set. I just wish there were a couple of supplemental packs so we could play more words.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginning readers, December 28, 2012
This review is from: Zingo! Sight Words, (Game)
Setting up the game is so easy. You simply place the word tiles inside the dispenser, pick you cards and you're good to go! One of the kids pulls the dispenser to "draw" two tiles and, if they recognize the words on the tiles as matching one of the words on their card, they take the tile and place it on their card. The remaining tile is inserted back into the dispenser through a slot in the top. The first person to fill their Zingo card wins. It's seriously easy for kids to understand and play on their own!

Even my four-year-old has enjoyed playing Zingo and has learned to recognize several new words! As for my Kindergartener, several of the words are the same as the ones on her sight words lists for school, so this game is directly benefiting her school work!

I was provided a copy of this game by the manufacturer in order to facilitate my honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Teaching Aid!, April 16, 2013
This review is from: Zingo! Sight Words, (Game)
I use this game to help mentor a second-grade student who is not yet comfortable with reading in English. She loves that we're playing a game; I love that her reading skills are improving!

Zingo! Sight Words,