5.0 out of 5 stars A remarkable bag for a full sized DSLR
This is my second Think Tank bag and I was expecting lots of features and great quality and somehow this bag exceeded my expectations.

The material is durable cloth that looks new and used at the same time. The padding is enough to protect against bumps but not overboard to make the bag bulkier than it needs to be.

The features I really like, beyond...
Published on May 25, 2011 by Bob Tobias

2.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully built bag, but...
I had been wanting to get this bag for a while, and finally took the plunge. It is a very well built bag, perfectly constructed, not a loose thread anywhere, clearly new but not shiny-new. But after checking it out for a few days, I felt it was not for me, and returned it. Here is a quick run-down of the pros and cons and the reasons for my ultimate decision. As usual,...
Published on October 16, 2011 by Joshi

5.0 out of 5 stars I freakin love it., July 9, 2014
This review is from: Think Tank Retrospective 5 Shoulder Bag - Pinestone (Camera)
This bag definitely attracted attention, but not the kind of attention where someone wants to come up and mug you (because they know it’s a camera bag). People who knew me would ask what was in the bag (since I normally never carry a shoulder bag). When I told people that it was a camera bag, they never suspected it! A few of them said that they’d totally get one for themselves! So needless to say, it passed off as a very desirable and inconspicuous bag. I feel that it protects my gear well, both the mirror-less system as well as my 5D Mark III, along with the other gear I put into it.

It really just looks like an awesome and modestly sized messenger bag. Theres only one thing that I think some might freak out about. If you’re using the sound silencers, you may or may not dump your bag if you’re not paying attention you reach or bend over. Or sometimes, if you put the bag on the car floor and it tips over, you might lose some stuff– just like some purses. But otherwise, if you’re aware of that, I’d say if you were to get one bag for the street, make it this one.

Full review here: http://photofocus.com/2014/07/09/the-retrospective-5-by-think-tank/

5.0 out of 5 stars ThinkTank is AWESOME, July 6, 2014
I love this bag but hated the strap...it would keep getting twisted up...I wanted one with swivel hooks, so I called TT and complained about it and asked them if they would sell me the strap that comes with the Speedfreak bag...they sent it to me for free!!! Now the bag is perfect...if you are fashion conscious, this might not be your solution as the strap obviously does not match the pinestone material of the bag...but it is just plain easier to pick up and go.

3.0 out of 5 stars think thank retrospective 5, July 2, 2014
have several bags, ranging from Ona ,National Geographic , and three different types of Lowepro , i decided to buy a new medium sized one for my Leica M240 with few accessories, so after lots of research and comparison between (3 different types ) i chased the Think Tank Retrospective 5 pinestone
ok, first the colour is not the exact one as you may see in the picture, its a bit more to greenish , the build quality is good as a cotton based material, but unfortunately i don't feel 100 safe to put inside an expensive gear, the Lowepro is far more cushioned than think tank, the top of the bag when you close it down leaves a space from both upper sides that makes your gear in direct contact of dirt or heat
the bag fits my Leica M240 plus the lens pouch , 6 different filters, original charger with cord, and still there's a room for few little stuff after taking of the rain cover

the bottom is not well padded , so i took the advice of another buyer and used the additional separators that comes with the bag and cushioned the bottom more with using 2 pieces
the handle is quiet good and padded , though i wished i could have the option to take it off, but u can't
my 2 concerns about this bad is the less padded walls and bottom plus the upper space lifted on both sides while the top of the bag is zero protection
you can use this bag for short and less impact trips , while depending on such one for long trips and as a main protection for your gear in a bit risky ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional and doesn't scream "Camera Bag!", June 27, 2014
BigDaddyNC (Raleigh, NC USA) - See all my reviews
The Retrospective 5 is a bag well-suited to a mirrorless camera and lenses. When I was looking for a bag, I wanted something that balanced carrying capacity with size. The Retrospective 5 swallows an astonishing amount of kit. There are pockets well-suited for batteries, zippered compartments and a generous pocket on the outside under the flap.

I have my Samsung NX300, three lenses, filters, lens pens, spare batteries, charging adapter and cable in this bag and it fits like it was custom-made for it. On a trip out of town, I had no problems navigating the contents of the bag and getting at what I wanted quickly and easily.

If I acquire more gear, I might have to go to a larger bag, but for now the Retrospective 5 earns all five of its stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bag, May 25, 2014
Bob Klein "Bob" (Montevideo, Montevideo Uruguay) - See all my reviews
Very comfortable, practical, I use it everyday, always with me. Works with XE-1 with 3 lenses without any problem.
Y sure highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great built quality, spacious enough to hold 6D, but very heavy, April 8, 2014
Pros:
great quality
great canvas material
spacious enough to hold my 6D with 24-105 attached

Cons:
very heavy (1k) weighing more than 2 pounds
Side pockets could be removed for weight saving as you can barely squeeze in a water bottle.

I would highly recommend this bag if you pursue quality and the look of the bag.

This bag is not for me as it way too heavy. The Tamrac rally 4 similar size (1lb) suites my needs better

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Camera Bag (With Two Minor Gripes), February 5, 2014
Jeremiah Gilbert (Southern California) - See all my reviews
I picked this bag up because I wanted a relatively small bag to take with me when I travel, a bag that was discrete and could be considered as personal item on flights. This bag is very well made and fits my DSLR (Nikon D7000) with attached lens (10-20mm) and spare lens (18-105mm) very nicely. Another reviewer made note that the strap was too short to wear cross-shoulder but I am 6'4" and have no problem wearing it cross-shoulder.

I only have two small gripes about this bag: (1) While it comes with numerous pockets, most are too small to use; and (2) The top flap offers no padding--I get passed this by putting the attached rain pouch on top of my equipment before attaching the flap but it seems like an oversight to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect bag for street photography, February 3, 2014
The best bag I've ever bought. Perfect for a mirrorless body and 4/5 lenses and other stuff.
Really good made and very nice.
Thanks to ThinkTank

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for MFT system, January 1, 2014
When I bought my Olympus E-P5 I realised my existing camera bag was too big for the camera & lenses. After checking out the Mirrorless Mover & CityWalker, I decided on the Retrospective 5 as it is large enough to hold the camera/lens, 2 prime & 2 zoom lenses comfortably & small enough not to be noticed. I especially like the hardy fabric exterior, the comfortable strap & small pockets which help with organizing my stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great m4/3 bag, December 11, 2013
This bag is perfect for my Olympus E-M5 and lenses. In fact, I can fit the charger, cord, two spare lenses and various smaller accessories into the bag easily. The number of pockets is surprising. The velcro dividers allow one to configure it many different ways.
The top flat can be noisy when opening, but can also be configured to attach to less velcro and therefore be less noisy when and if you want.
All in all, a great bag.

Rate and Discover Movies