Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

85%
15%

on March 19, 2009
My 6 and 4 year old received this game as a X-mas gift and they both love it. My husband and the grandparents like to play with the kids, which can't be said about some other children's board games (i.e. Candyland, Chutes & Ladders, etc). It's really a great strategy game and I'm hoping it will help them to learn chess in the future. You can't go wrong with ThinkFun products. The game is durable, colorful, and just the right size for kids' little hands.
on December 24, 2008
The rules are very simple for this game, but the strategy is complex. My 5 and 7 year old boys don't like games all that much, but they were playing within minutes of opening the box and wanted to keep playing for a long time. I watched they develop strategy as time went on, and I can see that they're going to keep learning how to play it better as time goes on. We introduced one extra rule to even up the playing field between them (the 7 year old has to say, "Ducks in a row!" when he is one move away from winning) and they've been challenging each other ever since.
on November 13, 2013
My kids got this for Christmas last year and at 4 and 6, it's one of their favorite games. I like playing it with them as well and each game goes quick. They've really developed their ability to strategize and the older one can beat me sometimes. My only complaint is our board broke in half after so much play but it's not a thin, cheap board so I think it's more due to how the kids were folding it to put away. Definitely recommended for the 4-8ish age group.
on November 9, 2014
Great product for teaching critical thinking skills. For two players, reviews divergent thinking (many possible answers). Students may move one duck as many spaces as they want on each turn in one direction. Student must get four ducks in a row (horizontally, vertically, or diagonally) to win.
on October 2, 2012
This is a nice toy. The materials are nice quality typical of Thinkfun toys. However, my daughter doesn't seek this game out to play. If I suggest it, she will play a couple times, but it's not her favorite.
on January 11, 2011
Even though this is for 5 and up, based on some other reviews I bought this for my almost 4 year old who loves boardgames and games like Tic Tac Toe and Four in a Row. However, she really is still too young for it. She can't think ahead far enough yet to play this game. I put it in the closet for now and will get it back out in a few months to try it again.
The board is pretty small, but very cute. The ducks are thick cardboard and may bend after lots of use, but I think if kids are not too rough with it, the game will last a long time.
on March 28, 2010
My favorite first strategy/logic game. Perfect for ages 5-6. My son frequently asks me to play it, and I find it enjoyable too (unlike so many of the early games).
on June 13, 2013
My dyslexic son can't play a lot of games because most involve reading. There is no reading in this game just strategy. He loves it. It's similar to checkers, but a much quicker game making it fun for the ADHD kid who doesn't have the patience for checkers. Great for older kids too, you can add some of your own rules and make it more difficult. Great game you'll wear it out.
on July 10, 2012
My husband and I both enjoy playing this game with our 5 y.o. As a matter of fact she bit both of us a few times. The game is definitely suitable for a 5 y.o.. It sort of reminds me of checkers but the goal here is to line up 4 pieces in a raw. If your toddler has mastered tic-tac-toe they are ready for this one (regardless of age).

P.S. Check out the gobbets by blue orange. It's different but yet falls in the same category. Also for the ones who outgrew the tic-tac-toe.
on July 7, 2008
My 4 year old loves this game. She is still a little young to understand the rules but it's a good game to grow into.