Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Cole Swindell Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Color: Orange|Change

on April 6, 2011
I bought this set when it was still pretty new on the market and was excited about it at first. But before I had been using it too long, the "Thinkbaby" logo started wearing off the product and it really makes it look junky. Now I've had the product for about a year and the lids no longer stay tight on the round bowls (although I do not put them in the dishwasher, so it's not heat that warped them). The rectangular bento box still works well. But long-term, I have been much happier with my Kids Konserve containers. Whatever part of my purchase price went towards the silverware was totally wasted. This silverware is functionally almost useless. The fork will never pick up anything for sure, and the spoon doesn't hold much at all. I would rather my children eat off of metal than plastic anyway, which is why I got this set to begin with.

The plastic outer pieces are difficult to get off of the stainless steel pieces for washing, especially the cup.

I also have a weird rust-like stain on the steel part of the cup, as someone else mentioned in another review.

Many months ago I emailed the company because I was briefly looking for a replacement lid, and wanted to share my disappointment about the flaking/scratching logo and the silverware. Never heard a word back from them.
on October 12, 2012
Wish I could give 0 stars. We bought two complete sets for our baby. The extra blue/orange pieces are useless - just another thing to wash. We never used a dishwasher and always handwashed...problem was several of the pieces developed rust. Supposedly this is high quality stainless steel so I complained to the company. Not only did they not offer replacements (as any company that stands behind their products does), but they were also completely apathetic in their response. So still searching for some high quality steel bowls unfortunately. **Update...after trying out MANY (unfortunately they are either poor quality/rust or become very unsanitary with rolled lips around the outer edges that seem to trap water/food), found some stainless containers we LOVE and are absolutely amazing quality with a lifetime guarantee (high quality steel, cute, and no place for food/water to get trapped!)...see Untangled Living's Anywhere Collection Stainless Steel
on May 11, 2009
I love this product. I was worried about all the pthalates, BPA and PVC in plastic dishes. This is great. The metal bowls come out for easy cleaning. It's also great if you make your own baby food. You can put the frozen cubes in the metal part and set it in warm water, it defrosts very quickly. I love that I don't have to worry about chemicals leaching into my daughter's food.
on September 4, 2013
It's the right size and I love the fact that it's not plastic.

Cons:
1. A little expensive
2. Some of the metal bowls doesn't fit into the plastic wrapper very well so it's pretty loose.
3. My set didn't come with the spoon and fork but Amazon was good on replacing the whole set.

Update:
I changed my rating to 3 stars. The original set I ordered came without the spoon and the fork. So Amazon sent a replacement. I opened it and it's still missing the spoon and fork! Plus I found a big rust like mark on one of the bowls. I am a little concerned about the quality of this product now.
review image
on February 25, 2009
This is a nice set, however it claims to be made in Korea and the truth is parts of it are made in China. The spoon and fork clearly have "made in China" stamped on them with ink that washes off.
Here is the founders response;
All of the products in the Feeding Set except the spoon and fork are made in Korea. We do third-party testing on all of our products to make sure that they are adhere to our chemical policies. We were unable to find someone that could make the spoon and fork in Korea. Although, the reality of it, is that most products that say Made in somewhere other than China are actually still made in China and just assembled somewhere else. But the real issue is still not China. I previously worked for a testing lab funded by NIH, and there was equal concern across every major country, especially the US.

Warmest,

617.344.5349 (F)

Kevin.Brodwick@thinkbabybottles.com

[...]

[...]

"Safer Products for Healthier Babies"

"Safer Products for Healthier Athletes"
77 comments|61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2011
I was excited to purchase this set for my baby, but when I got it, I took the small bowl out to wash it and found a rust-like stain on the bottom of the bowl. I sincerely question the material since stainless steel isn't supposed to rust. Like others have said, I dislike the fact that the spoon is made in China. Paying this kind of price, I want to see "Made in the USA." I returned the item because of the rust-like stain mentioned at the beginning. I tried to scrape the stain off and it wouldn't budge. Be very careful using this with your baby.
on September 14, 2012
I agree with most of the reviews--this is a decent set of baby/toddler dishware. But since it was plastic I wanted to avoid in the first place, I would prefer if it wasn't covered in plastic and I'd also prefer it to include a metal spoon and a metal fork.

I had some trouble with the lids to the two bowls--both of them cracked along the edge in the same way. I have cared for the set very well, and only hand-washed it. When I contacted customer service about the cracked lids, they were of no help. They were not willing to send me replacement lids which was disappointing since the set was very expensive and I do not feel that I mistreated them in any way.

I am not interested in buying any other Thinkbaby products.
on November 2, 2014
Thank you to previous buyer for mentioning the fact that the pink color in this picture is off: the set comes in a pretty pale shade of pastel pink, not this harsch fuchsia you might think. And I love the pale pink shade it actually has. The set however is great: since I got it I'm not using any other containers for my preschoolers lunch, the 3 containers cover all her needs and while she did not need a mug for school she's happy to use this one at home. Totally recommend this set!
on October 16, 2015
I love this little set, specially the cup. I have tried many cups for my 9 month old baby to drink out of, as, having been breastfed up until now, he has never used a bottle and I don't think a sippy cup is necessary nor recommendable, but no success whatsoever in having him drink water now that he's eating solids. I have tried with a larger stainless steel cup, a glass cup, a plastic one even, and this is the very first time he wants to and does drink water. So I am excited about this cup, definitely. The rest of the set is great, although a bit smaller than expected, I can still feed him on the dish provided which comes very handy because it has a lid, and any leftover can be safely stored for the next feeding. The set is also very cute. I've heard the letters wear off quite quickly so I am taking good care of the plastic cover. I do like it and I would repurchase and recommend. If you're hesitating, I can tell you the cup and design make it all worth it.
on April 1, 2011
We have 4 sets of these dishes for our daughters: 3 years old and 9 months. I originally discovered them when I was searching for dishes that my first daughter could use that were non-breakable since she loved tossing things off the high chair. I wanted something that was not plastic since I don't like the scratches that plastic develops--it seems likely that bacteria would hide in those scratches--and plastic often gets stained or develops an odor. I like the Thinkbaby set because the surface that touches your child's food is stainless steel so no worries about the chemicals leaching from the plastic. They wash well in the dishwasher. The cup is actually a great way to teach your child to use an open cup instead of a sippy cup since it is not breakable and not heavy. My first daughter learned to use the cup by a year old and my younger daughter is currently learning. The lids make these dishes a great way to bring snacks with us on outings. I only have 2 complaints about the set: 1)the plastic utensils (the only thing made in China)--I wish they could have been stainless steel with built up plastic handles; 2) the white writing wears off the outer plastic shells making them look old and worn within a few uses. I just tossed the utensils out. If it wasn't for the utensils, I would have given 5+ stars. Overall I love how useful and safe these sets are. I highly recommend them to any parent.