5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully interactive game
Published on February 2, 2012 by SB

3.0 out of 5 stars I like it, but not for an 18 month old!
I think this is an awesome game, but most 18 month olds will not be able to play it (my 2 year old doesn't quite get it).
Published 23 months ago by Amy M. Marek

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully interactive game, February 2, 2012
This review is from: Thinkfun Roll and Play Board Game (Toy)
My 19 month old daughter is obsessed with this toy/game combo. She loves to hold and throw the large soft dice but is even more excited by the accompanying cards. She asks to play several times a day. The cards describe and illustrate a variety of activities to speak or act out. Some are perfect for her age and others are a bit more challenging, like identifying colors, but give her something to strive for over time. That will keep it interesting as she gets older. We have fun interacting by making funny faces, or sounding out animal noises together. My daughter has identified some new parts of her anatomy like her belly button and explored emotions like "making an angry face" while playing the game. I'm amazed at how well this game is designed for such a young toddler. I would highly recommend this as a perfect way to interact, laugh, and have fun with your child while teaching all sorts of new things.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT GAME FOR LITTLE ONES, November 20, 2012
This review is from: Thinkfun Roll and Play Board Game (Toy)
My four year old LOVES games but most are too hard for my two year old to enjoy with him. This game is perfect for her (and my four year old likes to play it too - though I think his favorite part is throwing the giant soft dice.) It teaches colors, body parts, emotions, counting as well as how to take turns. I love it so much, I've bought several as gifts for 2 year old's birthday parties and their parents loved it as well! I also play it with my two year old Sunday School class and it keeps their attention remarkably well. A great game!! I highly recommend for anyone with a toddler!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect "First Game" for Younger Toddlers!, August 16, 2012
This review is from: Thinkfun Roll and Play Board Game (Toy)
I was excited the moment I saw Roll & Play on the ThinkFun website. I was looking for games that my 22 month old could play - but so many games designed for toddlers are more for ages 3 and up. This one is geared to 18 months and above, which I think is just the right age group for the skills needed for this game.

Roll & Play only involves two game pieces - A large, plush cube and set of activity cards. There are 48 cards with a variety of actions that deal with colors, counting, body parts, and more. To me, there are enough cards so that the game stays fun and doesn't get too repetitious...though repetition is a great way for little ones to learn.

All that the child has to do is roll the cube, identify the color on top, and draw a corresponding color card - then act out the activity on the card! My son had a lot of fun when we opened this game and began to play. He REALLY loved to roll the block, but eventually he realized there were cards too! We played for about 45 minutes our first time...which is great when talking about the attention span of a toddler!

The game teaches a variety of skills, which is probably my favorite aspect of it. I love buying products for my son that are not only fun, but educational. Not only does he get to learn from the actions of the card, the game itself teaches him about cooperation, taking turns, and following directions. This is a great game for toddlers all around!

*I received a free product to facilitate my review. All opinions are 100% mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a hit with play group, July 6, 2012
This review is from: Thinkfun Roll and Play Board Game (Toy)
My son is two, almost three, and he loves this game!

There are 48 cards, 8 cards in six colors each. The colors represent different categories.

Red: Actions (Say your name)
Purple: Body Parts (Pull your ears)
Green: Animal Sounds (Moo like a cow)
Yellow: Emotions (make a scared face)
Orange: Counting (Jump eight times)
Blue: Colors (Find something purple)

The child rolls the big, plush cube, then picks a card that matches the color that was rolled. They act out whatever is on the card, and their turn is over.

Set up is easy. Rules are simple. The game is awesome. The cards are big, which is nice for little fingers, and they're semi durable. They do bend without much effort, but I guess that's to be expected. The cards fit in pocket that's sewn into the side of the cube (the purple side) for easy storage, which is so nice!

We have invited friends over for play group, and everyone loved it - moms and kids alike. The actions are age appropriate. They have helped teach counting skills as well as how to identify and show certain emotions. My son has also been a bit shy, and this teaches him it's ok and even fun to step out of his comfort zone.

The game says "Your child's first game," and I totally agree with that. This should be every child's first game. I will definitely look to Thinkfun for more games in the future.

3.0 out of 5 stars I like it, but not for an 18 month old!, January 26, 2013
This review is from: Thinkfun Roll and Play Board Game (Toy)

4.0 out of 5 stars Better for 2 years and Up. Rolls "orange" too often., December 2, 2013
This review is from: Thinkfun Roll and Play Board Game (Toy)
I'd give this 3.5 if that were possible. But, a 3 would be too low for a decent toy. This is a fun little "game", but probably not so much for an 18 month old. He likes to throw the ball and bend the cards. I think it will be a hit in two months or so. The purple side is built so that it can hold the deck of cards. The added material makes the purple side heavier, which means for a big majority of the rolls, purple ends up on the bottom, resulting in orange on the top. This means we hardly ever roll a purple, so I have to "cheat" to keep the baby interested.

4.0 out of 5 stars Toddler Loves this game!, April 5, 2012
This review is from: Thinkfun Roll and Play Board Game (Toy)
My 3 yr old loves this game, especially the tossing of the square and picking up the corresponding cards. She now has the cards memorized!

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT FOR MY JOB, April 27, 2012
This review is from: Thinkfun Roll and Play Board Game (Toy)
I am a Speech Language Pathologist and work with children of all ages diagnosed with a variety of disorders. My kids LOVE this game and request to play it all the time! My youngest children right now are 3 years and up, but this game is amazing with children who have language delays. Imitation is the key to learning language, so just teaching a child to imitate any of the actions on these cards is a great step towards language! I'm in love with this game. There are so many other activities you can do with it, as well. You can hide the block for a quick game of hide and seek if you have older kids. If you have more than one child, you could have one kid close his eyes while the other guides him towards the block (team work). There is a pouch on the purple side of the block to store the cards. AMAZING to hide any type of reinforcer for your child!!! Maybe if you need your child to follow directions, he can work towards earning whatever special prize you hide in the purple pouch. The ideas are endless. ThinkFun is my favorite company to buy from because of the educational value incorporated into each and every game they make!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Game, April 15, 2012
michele (Tucson, AZ, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thinkfun Roll and Play Board Game (Toy)
It states age range is from 18 months and up. Not that you have to be a toddler to play. My kids range from ages 2-8 and they all enjoyed it.
It's so nice to have a game that the younger children can play with the family. It is really hard to get my 2 yr old to understand Monopoly right now. Our family game nights will be so much more fun now that my youngest has a game she can play. You have this cube with 6 different colors. You have 6 sets of colored cards. Roll the cube and the fun begins. My kids LOVED this game and played a couple hours straight. I love that my youngest can understand everything. And for the cards she doesn't understand my son will read them to her. Great for positive sibling interactions. They didn't argue one time. They just enjoyed helping each other finish their turn so they could go next. I love the educational benefit and the easy storage pocket the cards.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun but needs more cards, January 11, 2013
This review is from: Thinkfun Roll and Play Board Game (Toy)
My 3 year old likes the game. He loves to toss the cube and pick the cards. We could use more cards though - we go through them quickly.

Thinkfun Roll and Play Board Game