Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on February 4, 2011
I purchased this book to go along with an online math class. The course had this listed as the required book, but after paying what felt like too much for just a book and online access, I realized that the online section also includes the full book in online form. So really you are paying for the book, then paying for the book again. I suggest just getting the online access card (its only about $55) and not getting the printed book. Also, the online pass is active for upwards of a year, so you can "lend" or "sell" your access to the online book to someone who has the class after you.

Luckily I was able to sell off the printed book to someone not in an online section of the course to get some of my money back, but be careful you don't get more then what you need.
88 comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2015
Its a text book. Like all text books the minor changes they make every year or two are minor and pointless. in my opinion the concept is a scam. Why charge so much for a couple of minor changes? otherwise the book is what it is,
on February 8, 2013
the only problem i see with this book is that it was binded poorly. the spine is cracking and the glue is coming off in powdery bits. what can be expected of a book that has a new edition every 6 months though. college professor s who force people to buy new editions suck. especially when the 2nd edition is free
on April 12, 2014
The book came on time and was in good condition. However, I contacted the seller before purchasing and asked if it had an accompanying access code to which the seller said it did; he did not mention that the access code was already used and therefore useless. I ended up having to purchase the access code separately and paid about $60 more than I would have had I bought the book/access code combo from the college.
on July 10, 2013
"Burned Out Blitzer" is pretty straight forward with the interpretation of math. Some of the layout can be confusing at times, but overall the content is the same as any standard math textbook.
on March 15, 2013
The book is in "good" general condition until you get to the chapter exercises. They are covered in pen writing to the point where I can not read some of the questions. Not a big deal, right? Wrong. My class needs to complete those exercises for homework. The description of the book said "good" and I understand that means there could be some writing inside. However, they should be more specific as to whether there is just writing in empty space or if content is covered by the writing. In this case, it is. I'm not the happiest having spent that much money on this used book. That's what I get for trying to save a buck.
on December 4, 2010
I had to buy the Labcode/etext combo when the semester began- not enough funds for any other option. Huge mistake- the e-text is unreadable, and when I printed out some of the pages I needed to review for my first test, my HP photo printer, in Best mode, was printing out copy that looked like it was printed by a dot-matrix unit! All in all, a horrible experience. The print copies helped me to improve my grades, so now I know to just buy the paper copies; this edition allowed me to seperate the chapters I needed from everything else, which helped to cut the weight down.
on October 8, 2012
I neither praise nor pan this book. I just cannot find any information from this site about what the book contains.

Why do I bother to say this? Because Amazon, knowing I buy math books, sent me an e-mail offering this and several other math books, and because I wanted to see if there was any particular reason to be interested in it.
on September 8, 2013
The problem with buying a used book is that the Access Code is not longer usable. it is a one time deal, so I had to go and buy the access card for another $80!!!!!
on June 20, 2014
I am not a fan of math, but the book is in good condition and serves its purpose. Can't wait to send it back, because that means I am done with math!