Acer Iconia Tab W500-BZ467 10.1-Inch Tablet (Silver)
Used & New from: $225.99
Thinking of buying one... What is the boot speed? Hi everyone.

There are a lot of good reviews about this Tablet, but nobody has
mentioned if it is fast or slow to boot up?
Is it as slow as a Laptop ? or as fast as a Tablet should be, despite
the Windows OS???
Thanks,
Mike.
asked by Mike on April 23, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
Well it all depends on what OS you are running. With windows 7 it boots up slower just like any normal system running windows 7. Very similar to a laptop not like an iPad because this tablet isnt limited it full windows. Now while running windows 8 boot up from power off is approx 6 seconds and from stand-by about 1 sec. The important thing is.... do you want a tablet PC or a limited OS tablet? (Android or iOS)
J. Phillips answered on April 24, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mine boots up in about 75 seconds. Its much faster than my super duper windows 7 desktop.
ElViejo answered on April 24, 2012

A
Well this would be a 100% laptop replacement with no limitations. I have talked to a friend with android and he says that there are apps that you would have to pay for to be able to edit word and excel on android. Again not a for sure answer but maybe it helps. Now if you are tech savy and looking for speed seriuosly consider windows 8 if boot up speed is important to you. I think with windows 8, the keyboard and portability of this tablet you would not be disappointed. Now if you deside to get this and use windows 7 remember to do all the updates and give it a full day of running to get all the setup, scans, background processes out of the way to make it boot up fast and shed the bloatware as well.
J. Phillips answered on April 24, 2012

A
Well, be aware. This is a windows tablet, so every software designed for you r desktop PC will work here. However, as good as it is, it will give about half[best case] of battery time compare to an android tablet. I use mine with software like Photoshop and Solidworks which will never see a light of day for Android or Ipad. Those platforms[Android] does have a decent document editing software and you could also use Microsoft Skydrive or Google Docs online.
In terms of performance. I am really pleased. Surfing, checking emails and all kind of other simple tasks work flawlessly, I can stream 1080p movies off my desktop to the tablet without hiccups, and heavy resource software work well enough not to drive you insane.

Windows 8 boots at about 20-25 seconds.
A. Shapira answered on May 16, 2012

A
Well, I am looking for a tablet that can replace my laptop, when I am on the go...
I simply use it to check email, surf the web, and edit some word and excel documents...

Nobody has been able to give me a straight answer as to whether an Android tablet
has the functionality to edit word and excel documents... That's why I was looking at
a windows tablet... I am curious about the boot time because I have short breaks in
my day, and if I have to plug in, and wait for a boot-up, I don't get much done...!
So, I need something portable and fast... Hoping the tablet is it...?
Thanks for your feedback.
Mike.
Mike answered on April 24, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks everyone for all your feedback. It has been very useful. I think I will go with this, in order to avoid compatibility issues with my documents, even though my word and excel docs are not too complicated, but googledocs has been limiting...

I think I can handle a boot time of < 30 secs with Windows 8. So, I will shoot for that,
and see how it goes... Traditionally, I have chosen to stay away from new Windows releases, to give Microsoft a chance to iron out the bugs... but, it looks like this one isn't too bad... :-)

Thanks again.
Mike.
Mike answered on May 16, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product