5.0 out of 5 stars I was afraid of cloth, now I embrace them
Every baby is different and every diaper fits differently. When you deal with disposables, this really comes home. We had been using Earth's Best, but after one too many blow outs, failed velcro, or wiggle offs I was ready to try anything that might prevent the next "poo-copylics" (don't ask).

My spouse got a "cloth diaper trial pack" from a local store, and in...
Published on December 27, 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not the best
Published on April 13, 2010 by Huxtable

5.0 out of 5 stars I was afraid of cloth, now I embrace them, December 27, 2009
This review is from: Thirsties Pocket All-in-One Cloth Diaper (Baby Product)

My spouse got a "cloth diaper trial pack" from a local store, and in my fear of another poocopylics, I decided to go along. I fell in love with the Thirsties. With all the snaps, and gusseting, and fittings these diapers should be able to fit every baby type. Whether you have a long and lean (like me) or a little chubby, this diaper should be adjustable enough to fit them perfectly. I've been impressed with how these diapers fit my son.

Now the important stuff, these things are absorbent. We haven't even come close to a blowout - and we've had some that sounded (and felt) like close calls. These diapers hold a lot, and between that, the second insert (if needed) and the gussets I think you'd be hard pressed to have any type of leakage.

I must say, I was really afraid of cloth. I grew up thinking that cloth was hard, that they leak, and that they are just more dirty. What I found out is that they fit a ton better than disposables (a ton better). This means that they leak less (which is important to me). And this leads to less clothing changes, sheet changes, and in general, a cleaner, happier environment. I never thought I'd say that. Never in a million years did I think I'd be converted to cloth, but I have been.

The other advantages are that you can have less chemicals touching you baby's bottom and you are being kinder to the environment. Did I mention that Thirsties (and the flips too) are insanely easy to get on and off and there is very little mess (granted our son is 4 months old, so really, almost everything is absorbed anyway). You will need to run your washer a whole lot more but if you go 2-3 days, you'll find you have a washer full ready to go.

5.0 out of 5 stars love Thirsties, December 5, 2009
After reading lots of reviews of diapers, we decided to go with Thirsties covers. We love the covers, so when my husband requested more All-In-One diapers, we purchased some Thirsties AIOs. We love them so far. We haven't had any leaks or issues and we use them daily.

5.0 out of 5 stars affordable, quality American-made all-in-one/pocket diaper, September 16, 2009
This review is from: Thirsties Pocket All-in-One Cloth Diaper (Baby Product)
What a fantastic diaper!I actually bought 3 of these used from another mom, and wished I had invested in them from the beginning. Although bumgenius are great, these beat them by a long shot. I have a very slender boy who is a heavy wetter when he sleeps. I love that these can be stuffed with more layers of absorbancy, or used by themselves as is. The other reviewer may have had trouble with newborn size? or completely missed the fact that you can add to them for more absorbancy. That is why I labeled them All-in-one/ pocket diapers, because they really are both. The construction is definitely quality, and the used ones I have have never soaked through or leaked on my skinny boy. By the way, these are extremely dad friendly diapers, my husband loves them, as well as other pocket or all-in-ones, but these are definitely the best of both worlds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most affordable AIO, April 11, 2010
AJ_Colo (Superior, CO) - See all my reviews
I wish I bought these sooner! I have both BumGenius and Thirsties AIOs in size XS...my daughter is 10 lbs, 12 oz now and still fits in the Thirsties XS but outgrew her BumGenius over a month ago. They take awhile to dry but make cloth diapering super easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great diaper at a decent price!, November 19, 2009
Rose (Santa Rosa, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Thirsties Pocket All-in-One Cloth Diaper (Baby Product)
I really like these AIO's! I especially like that they have the option to add a doubler INSERT for overnights. The leg gussets reall do work well to contain leaks, and the sizing seems like it will fit my son for quite a while. They do need to be prepped, like most cloth diapers. I don't think that the instruction tag even mentioned this though. Without a few runs through the washer, they don't absorb nearly as well. Also, I didn't notice that they took very long to dry, especially compared with other AIO's. I do my diaper laundry first, then if these are still damp, I add them to the drier with my regular clothes. Or, I hang them up to finish drying. No biggie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Thirsties, February 27, 2011
Thirsties were the first diapers I tried- I used the covers with prefolds and they were great! This product, the All-In-One,is almost perfect. Sometimes I wish there were snaps instead of velcro (my daughter likes to get nakey), but these wear well, keep in the yuckies, and layer well too!

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not the best, April 13, 2010
This review is from: Thirsties Pocket All-in-One Cloth Diaper (Baby Product)
This diaper is just ok. I've used it on my small two month old daughter starting when she was about 8.5 lbs. She's now 10.5 lbs. My little one is a heavy wetter, and this diaper has leaked every time that we've used it. I don't think the inside is absorbant enough. While the diaper is pretty thin, who cares about a diaper's thinness if it has terrible absorbancy. Also, the leg gussets look neat, but they're designed poorly. The white lining of the leg gussets is not made out of the waterproof material, so if they get wet then there is leakage at the legs. My final issue with this diaper is that the rise is way too low. I'm saying that and I have a girl. I can only imaging how much worse this issue would be if I had a boy. I think Bumgenius all-in-ones are definitely better!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Diaper, March 12, 2010
I really like the Thirsy AIO diaper. It is not the most absorbant though so does need to be changed more often than others. It is very easy to use, and I would say the most like a disposable in terms of use. These are being discontinued, so if you like them you should stock up on them while you can.

4.0 out of 5 stars Actually, I give it 4 1/2 stars., February 24, 2010
This review is from: Thirsties Pocket All-in-One Cloth Diaper (Baby Product)
I realize that when it comes to an item like this, it will never be perfect. Thirsties Pocket All-in-One's have changed my opinion of cloth diapers, however. I guess I had an image in my mind of sticking my baby with diaper pins, washing out soiled diapers in the toilet, and constantly washing diapers. These are much more convenient then the diapers our mother's and grandmother's mastered. I decided to switch when my 9 month-old had continuing problems with raw patches on his diaper area. It started around the elastic and then spread, despite trying every cream or powder, Rx or otherwise. I finally concluded that it must be something in the disposable diaper material. I like the thought of saving the environment as well. I started out by ordering one of each of the best reviewed brands. When I had problems with leaks, I looked harder and found these. They are cheaper (even more so since I don't have to order a separate diaper cover) and work just as well or better. I like the leg gussets, although they sometimes dig into my little ones very chunky legs, they are great at preventing leaks. I like that you can add extra padding for naps, nighttime or a car ride, and use as is for light duty. My only small complaint is that they take a long time to line dry since the padding is built in. It helps if you turn them inside out, but I still end up having to put them in to dryer to finish them up, which I hope does not make them wear out faster. They seem to be very adjustable, which will be great when my little one starts crawling and thins out some. He is 24 lbs now and fills up the medium. I wish I had discovered them sooner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sizing Questionable, February 22, 2010
This review is from: Thirsties Pocket All-in-One Cloth Diaper (Baby Product)
Will not fit my 40 lb child. Maybe that is why, even with good inserts, she woke up soaked from head to toe. If your child is near the 40lb mark I would find something else to use. So I am using it on my 30 lb child and it seems to be doing the job with her weight. Washed good too.

Thirsties Pocket All-in-One Cloth Diaper