- Series: Student Mathematical Library
- Paperback: 182 pages
- Publisher: American Mathematical Society (June 18, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0821849778
- ISBN-13: 978-0821849774
- Product Dimensions: 0.5 x 5.5 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.5 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #573,718 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Thirty-three Miniatures: Mathematical and Algorithmic Applications of Linear Algebra (Student Mathematical Library)
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Top 20 lists in Books
View the top 20 best sellers of all time, the most reviewed books of all time and some of our editors' favorite picks. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
The book has 33 "chapters" of 1-4 pages each (most are two pages) and in each a proof is suggested first (so you can try to work it out) and then reveled. Basic theorems from undergraduate linear algebra come in handy, but very little advanced knowledge is needed. A pen a paper will help on some of the proofs but most can be done just by thinking.
What makes it all especially exciting is that the proofs are useful! many suggest fun ideas for applications.
Since it's presented in little bite-sized chunks you can put it down at any moment.
I think any undergrad who has taken linear algebra, grad students and mathematics instructors and professors would enjoy this book. I couldn't help but share one or two of these little gems with my students!