Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS
Customer Discussions > Suicide and Attempted Suicide forum

This Book RETAILS for $16.00 !!! Get if FREE!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 10, 2006 4:26:58 PM PST
Miri says:
This merchant should feel like they FOOL they are for trying to sell this book for $369.00. Idiots.

It retails for $16.00. Yes, THIS particular copy that is "no longer in print" is very accessible.

ALSO, if you want it free, you can go to ANY public library and ask the Librarian for something called an "Inter Library Loan." They will get the book for you at NO COST.

I am just sick of merchants trying to take advantage of people; especially those who are in need.

Btw, I HAVE this book and it is NOT even worth the $16.00 retail price.

ALSO, it's available as a torrent file online.

So, take your pick.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2007 3:46:36 AM PST
LADY DI says:
Thanks for the expose.
Where can this book be purchased for $16-?
Thanks much,
LADYDI666

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2007 3:45:38 PM PST
Miri says:
Hi Lady,

There are 2 ways to get this book, other than being price gouged by online Sellers.

As stated in the first post, you can pick up a copy at your local library by phoning the Librarian and requesting an "Inter Library Loan." They will get the book for you at NO COST. What they do is, punch in the ISBN (0786709405 and/or 978-0786709403) and find a library that has it. They request the book and call you when it gets in. The process takes about a week, per norm. Unlike bookstores, when a library purchases a book, they rarely, if ever, get rid of the book. The book WILL be in their system, somewhere, for you.

The other way is to contact Barnes and Noble, Borders, and/or Books a Million. Give them the ISBN numbers and they will get the book for you. Don't try to do it online. That never works...they will just refer you to independent Sellers. Don't be discouraged if they put you on a wait-list for the book - that's normal and the wait is often less than you think. This is how I got my copy when online Sellers were asking for upwards of $500 for a copy.

This is one of those cases when looking OFF-line pays off.

Posted on Jun 8, 2011 4:36:35 PM PDT
Andy Ngo says:
I called three book stores and gave them the ISBN number. None of them have it or were able to get it because the warehouses are out. Since the book is out of print, they cannot place an order either. Sigh.

I guess I'll try to find a torrent of it since it's impossible to buy the book at a decent price.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Dec 10, 2006
Latest post:  Jun 8, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about