5.0 out of 5 stars Guaranteed to Inspire Hysteria
I have devoted much time to the exercises in this book and so far my life has not changed (drats!) but I have accomplished making a complete fool out of myself (which, to be honest, is no real change).
Published on June 1, 2004 by Baroness Von Grim

1.0 out of 5 stars Yuk!
I am not impressed with this book. Although it has humor-I get that part.In this day and age to suggest to someone to "go out and kill something" to disresprect life and nature on many pages. It is a sad waste of money and time when there are much more positive books out there.
Published 12 months ago by Annie

5.0 out of 5 stars Guaranteed to Inspire Hysteria, June 1, 2004
This review is from: This Book Will Change Your Life (Paperback)
So far I watched a movie starting with an "F" (Fern Gully), imagined everyone naked (which I do not recommend because it eventually becomes rather icky), ignored a day (more difficult then it sounds), glued a spatula to my arm (strangely no one noticed), managed to lure a fly into the box but missed, tried growing another toe (no luck, yet), went on a one minute hunger strike (more difficult then it sounds), applied for a knighthood (no response, yet), imagined myself as that old man of day 362 and realized that no I am not fulfilled plus I forgot to buy a copy of that weeks TV Guide, took the psychopath test (nope, not telling the results), discovered I am not symmetrical, attempted to invent a new color but only ended up with a mucky sort of beige, spent an entire day ticking off each minute (boring yet profound), and a few other things I cannot or will not mention.
Oh! I even combined two days worth of activities by memorizing Aubrey's face and dressing like a tourist. I searched the city for her, while stopping at tourist attractions which made me recognize the need to move to someplace more exciting, but never found her. I really want to know that secret she is supposedly harboring. I feel it necessary to warn you that I truly believe the whole "Aubrey" thing may be a trick.
Oh! A really eerie thing is that an actual photo of me is in this book. Yes, really! They must have "borrowed" it from a friend's website, that is the only way they could have gotten a hold of it. I tell you, it was quite startling to see myself on one of the pages - I didn`t know whether to be flattered or not. Anyway, it gave me a great opportunity to take advantage of the suggestion for day 256 - tearing up all photos that make you look ugly - and ripped out the page for day 130. I request you do the same and forget you ever saw that picture, please. I look much better in person - I Swear!!!
All in all, I suppose I must admit I've rather enjoyed most of the stuff I've tried. I am starting to feel a bit hysterical so I guess that is a sign it's working. But is that a "good" sign? hmmm....

5.0 out of 5 stars Wacky guide for daily living, November 1, 2003
Eileen Rieback (Coral Springs, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: This Book Will Change Your Life (Paperback)
Move over, self-help guides! This humorous parody goes where no other book of its kind has gone before to lift you from your humdrum life. Each illustrated and eye-catching page gives a wacky daily suggestion, including such gems as inventing a new way of peeling potatoes, returning all your junk mail, using your left hand all day, and sticking a message on fruit. But amongst the silliness is some advice that makes sense, such as a weekend with no TV, expanding your vocabulary, or picking up litter in the street. If you follow the suggestions in this book, your life will surely change, although whether for the better or worse is up for debate. Read it and laugh!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a hoot!, October 31, 2003
Jersey Mom (Howell, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: This Book Will Change Your Life (Paperback)
I couldn't stop myself from chuckling - even laughing out loud - at times when I read this book. I chose it for our guest bathroom to give people some light reading while otherwise occupied. It's a funny, lighthearted book that has a very skewed way of looking at things. The daily activities vary greatly: some funny, some whimsical, some with that Huh? factor.
The book is wonderfully laid out with a variation of design that makes for delicious eye candy and draws the eye in throughout the book. It's a great deal of fun and would be perfect as a silly gift for a birthday, secret santa or something to brighten one's day.
**One word of warning for those with younger children - there is some adult humor of a sexual nature so don't put this in a place where young eyes can see this (if your house indeed has younger children). It's not too explicit but enough to instigate a "what does that mean" type of conversation.

4.0 out of 5 stars To Do or Not To Do?, August 16, 2004
This review is from: This Book Will Change Your Life (Paperback)
On a purely comedic level, This Book Will Change Your Life does its job and does it well. In coffee table/bathroom book fashion, it is eye-catching, diverting, and easy to digest in small, random doses. Also, since all 365 entries have their own look and feel, it will appeal to a variety of humors and tastes.

Despite its obviously hokey premise, the book's aims are (for the most part) legitimate. At least, they take great pains for you to believe that they are. There are a few mostly impossible suggestions (very few people could manage, for instance, to spend an entire day underwater) which diminish any seriousness one might bring to the book's claims, but overall, I found myself wishing that I had both the time and the energy to put into motion the book's proposal of daily life changing.

Ironically, I think the book's best impact would be on people who do try to live out the ideas mentioned in the pages, if for no other reason than it would make the humor in those ideas more poignant and personal. Things like going one day without your sense of sight, or mailing your picture and $5 to a random address, or fasting for one day are funny to read about, but their practice, I imagine, would provide one's life with a definite, if not brief, edge. Perhaps your life as a whole won't change, but that day will certainly be very, very different.

Because the book's humor is so overt and, at the same time, subtle and invasive, it's a given that few people will try to put into practice the book's demands (even though mulitple entries promise fame "in the next book" for people who turn in their various results). This, I think, is a shame. Even if some of the book's suggestions are mundane (A "do it yourself" day suggests that you change a light bulb), unfeasible (again, all day underwater?), or a deliberate waste of space (I'm thinking of the gender specific entries, or the day that says, "ignore this entry" and has no suggestions), I would be pleased to see a world of Book Owners putting the ideas into practice. Not only would they get a kick out of it, but the rest of us might, too.

On the other hand, it is much safer to just read the thing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Yuk!, April 4, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Weird but humorous!, April 14, 2004
This review is from: This Book Will Change Your Life (Paperback)
Some of the stuff is just gross. Yet again, this is not for kids! A grand majority is funny or amusing or even informative. A cool book to use as a guide for when you are feeling bored.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Read!, December 30, 2003
"senorpusspuss" (CARY, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: This Book Will Change Your Life (Paperback)
This book will change your life. It is a list of 365 daily tasks, and if you complete just a few, you life will definitely change. Daily suggestions range from the practical ("leave a copy of your house keys with a friend"), to the silly ("tattoo a banana") to the bizarre ("bleed here"), to those that really make you think (prepare your famous last words). This book will help you get over fears, find yourself, make friends, increase knowledge. There's just so much I want to list, but not enough time, so go get your own copy!
Just about any adult will enjoy this book. Some of the suggestions have very little writing and the entire book is full of great pictures, so even the non-enthusiastic reader won't be bored with it. The only warning I have is that this book includes some "naughtiness." I would suggest it as a gift for a single man, but would be appreciated by just about any adult. If the potentially-offensive items weren't included, I would have definitely given this book a rating of 5 stars. As is, it gets 4 stars from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for those with a sense of humor!, November 30, 2003
This review is from: This Book Will Change Your Life (Paperback)
This book will truly change your life! It won't make you rich. It won't get you a date with a supermodel. It won't get you a raise. But it will make you laugh everytime you pick it up. It will make you have fun in this world. It will make you stop taking yourself so darn seriously. If you actually go out and do some of these things you will learn about yourself in ways that you wouldn't otherwise. This book will show you how to tattoo a banana (it's actually pretty cool!) and suggest you "return to childhood" for a day. There is even a handy 'pregnancy test' in the book, just in case you might need it. While most of these activites will suceed in making you laugh, a few are serious (or semi-serious) and are the ones that truly might change your life. "Introduce yourself to someone you know but never speak to," "Destroy all bad photos" to release the bad karma,"Treasured Memories Day," and Day 136 is truly the most important of all. Trust me, if you only "do" one day, make it Day 136, before it's too late. This book is wonderful. I've already bought copies for 3 people!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hysterical living: Sign me up!, November 25, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: This Book Will Change Your Life (Paperback)
What's more fulfilling than a good laugh? Here's a book that guides you through 365 days of laughter. Forget self-help books. Tasks include no television day, citizen's arrest day, learn an emergency first aid procedure day, and everyone's favorite, ignore the media day. If you can handle a year of zany activities, your life *will* be changed.
This Book Will Change Your Life makes a wonderul gift!

4.0 out of 5 stars great coffee table book!, July 13, 2004
This review is from: This Book Will Change Your Life (Paperback)
My best friend gave me this book as a present and i was happy to get this book:).if you have a shrewd sense of humor then this is for you.you can take this book literally and kudos to you but i think i'll stay within the norm and read it and laugh at what I could have done for that day.this book offer 365 things to do so if you don't like today's tasks you can always turn the next page.i keep this book out while i'm taking study breaks and read a few pages.

ARRAY(0xa0cc272c)

This Book Will Change Your Life
This Book Will Change Your Life by Benrik (Paperback - October 28, 2003)
$22.00 $12.76