Customer Discussions > MTV Unplugged forum

This CD is horrible

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 28, 2007 9:18:52 AM PST
Chris says:
What happened to this band?? The cover of Creep makes me want to puke.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2007 10:53:55 AM PST
midlife crisis

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2007 11:13:36 PM PST
Actually, no. It's very good.

They tried something very different that no one expected a band with their type of sound to do. And they pulled it off.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2007 9:24:51 PM PST
Mark White says:
"They tried something very different that no one expected a band with their type of sound to do. And they pulled it off."

Its different, but I dont think they pulled it off. It just sounds wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2007 8:34:49 AM PST
J. N. Hicks says:
Different versions of some excellent songs, still passionate and perfect, just unplugged. I appreciated the effort and loved most of it, especially the mash up of "Make Me Bad & In Between Days". The 'Creep' cover was incredible for me, as I love both that song and Korn. To me, possibly the 2nd best MTV "Unplugged" ever, if not tied w/ Nirvana for 1st!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2007 11:26:16 PM PST
Last time I checked Korn wrote these songs and can do what ever they want with them. If you like it then buy it if not who cares. Someone who starts a post to bash someone for doing something they they want to do as a muscian is absurd. I love Korn. To be honest I never thought they would do something like this until their aol sessions a few months back but I think it turned out really great.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2007 11:46:07 PM PST
I was hoping for a more stripped down, fragile performance, but it's still pretty cool. Korn are in that stage of there career when it really gets interesting; as they push on with more creativity and artistic integrity that they've ever had, they're going against the masses of clueless peppermint-patty-haired emo trendsters who accuse them of selling out. Korn, my friends, are the real deal, and cannot be blamed for the garbage musical movement they helped inspire. Their originality and commitment to their vision continues to astound me, a fan from the very beginning. If they're good enough for Robert Smith (writer of the greatest album in history, "Disintegration"), then they're above any petty attacks against their credibility and artistry. Booyah!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2007 8:22:43 AM PST
Not only was the MTV airing of this amazing, the sound and variety of instruments used make this an amazing listen. Just because you're immature and can't get past the fact that it sounds different than their albums is no reason to come on here and blast the album. If you want to hear what it sounds like on the album listen to the album for gods sake. That's why it's called UNPLUGGED. The very fact that songs like Coming Undone and Twisted Resistor still sound heavy and relevant unplugged is a testament to the band and the arrangement. Grow up and appreciate the complexity of this album. It's amazing. Jonathan Davis voice is in top shape and the music is simply astounding. I recommend this to everyone.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2007 4:59:37 PM PST
Itsame Mario says:
Well, good or not, Korn did prove something with this album. They can try out different things and be creative. Not everyone will like it, but it proves they aren't stuck to unoriginality as other bands have (of course Linkin Park's expected to change their style for their third album so we'll wait). But the thing is, the nu-metal era had to be anchored by one band. Who started this? Korn. Deftones, Faith No More, and Red Hot Chili Peppers may have held the roots to the genre, but it was Korn who implemented it clearly. Their albums have all gone platinum and they've continued to defy critics since their breakthrough albums Follow the Leader and Untouchable. LP will still probably be my favorite nu-metal band, but I respect Korn for what they did, and I have a few songs by them that I enjoy. Same with the grunge era, I liked AIC and SG better, but I respect Nirvana for starting the era.

Face it, Korn has contributed much more than one would think. They've been an influence to many bands. 4 bands in particular (Evanescence, Lacuna Coil, Sepultura, and Staind) all consider Korn somewhat of an influence. They're have the best chance of making the rock and roll hall of fame (don't laugh, it's realistic).

Who knows...maybe this album may be the start of something.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2007 3:17:15 PM PST
Sepultura? Uh, Sepultura's been around since the 80s. It's safe to say, they pretty well had their sound locked down long before Korn came around. On a side note, without Max Cavalera, Sepultura doesn't even exist anymore, as far as I'm concerned. Also, Max's newer band, Soulfly, sounds MUCH more like nu-metal than any Sepultura ever did.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2007 5:17:31 PM PDT
oooo, nu-metal with a spanish flair!!! ughh... kill me. this cd is so bad. and yes i can bash it along with all the other bashers otherwise there would only be good comments and people like me will buy it and be all disapointed. DONT DO IT! korn has been irrelavent ever since issues, just like sepulura is without max. and ya, listen to soulfly. max rocks.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2007 12:04:25 PM PDT
Alma LaCroix says:
Yeah, you're wrong. This sucks. Sorry.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2007 8:19:03 PM PDT
I personally thought it was an excellent album. I love the acoustic's, I thought Jon's voice was spot on, it didn't have the problems that a lot of live albums run into. My personal favorite was the acoustic version of Twisted Transistor :)

Posted on Sep 10, 2010 10:40:59 PM PDT
Benniebo1 says:
Quote: "To me, possibly the 2nd best MTV "Unplugged" ever, if not tied w/ Nirvana for 1st!"

Are you freakin serious, on par with Nirvana' MTV? you think this tripe is better then Pearl Jam' MTV unplugged? or Stone Temple Pilots MTV unplugged?????, even Staind MTV performance is better then this! IMO Creep by JD should be deleted from existence.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  MTV Unplugged forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Feb 28, 2007
Latest post:  Sep 10, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
MTV Unplugged
MTV Unplugged by Korn (Audio CD - 2007)
3.8 out of 5 stars   (67)