Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: This Time Forever (Glebe Point Book 1)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on January 12, 2012
As an aspiring writer myself, I read a lot of books in different genres. As a research project for my first novel I read books that covered the mulitple-genre story I was telling (mystery-romance-drama) and I subsequently read a couple of romance novels by well-known authors. I have to say that, as far as I'm concerned, Patricia has absolutely nailed the romance novel style. I was very impressed. She writes with confidence and some of her descriptions, particularly the passionate scenes between the two main characters, were excellent almost to the point of sending me off to the bathroom for a cold shower! Or, at the very least. it made me consider dating again.

It's love at first sight for Blake and Delaney and, early on in the story, the expected happens. However, it's what occurs beyond that which makes the story interesting and engaging. I'm not going to give anything away but suffice it to say that circumstances tear the lovers apart. The author then did an excellent job of maintaining the tension and conflict between two people you very much want to get togther. Will they or won't they?

Add an adorable kid, a puppy and an ending that had me alternately laughing and crying and you've got a book well worth investing your time and money in.

I, for one, will be reading another Patricia Paris novel very soon.
on January 16, 2012
Set in a cozy New England town, this story serves up all the qualities of a good read. Delaney comes to the quiet coastal community claiming to be on a culinary mission, but she's actually searching Blake's heart for answers on the behalf of another. When Blake meets Delaney, it seems like "such a perfect fit. Like a piece the piece that fit his in an intricate puzzle". Little does he know that the beautiful, red-haired Delaney has come to his hometown to undo what he searches for. Romantic interest turns to turmoil when Delaney's motives are revealed. In the end, only one thing can bring the two back together.
"This Time Forever" has all the ingredients of a classic romance. It is a beautifully written romance with the perfect touch of spice. Readers are certain to fall in love with Delaney and Blake the moment they meet them.
on April 21, 2012
"This Time Forever" is a beautiful love story that will find its way into your heart almost immediately. Patricia Paris' phrasing and diction paints a tantalizing portrait that maintains a perfect balance, where a sexy romp meets a heartwarming tale.

Paris is a master at creating memorable characters that possess amazing depth. Her vivid depiction of the handsome male lead, Blake is so brilliant, one could almost imagine him stepping off the page. While he's both vulnerable and self-assured, Blake's intriguing paradox is undeniably irresistible. Delaney, the main female character is equally fascinating. In Delaney, Paris has created Blake's perfect female counterpart. She is smart, beautiful and caring, and Blake brings out the fun, fiery side of her personality. There is so much more to each of them than initially meets the eye. Blake and Delaney find themselves in a complex, life-changing dilemma in which their feelings for each other are only part of the story.

Their story is captivating and enthralling, always keeping the reader anticipating the next page with avid curiosity. Paris has such an eloquent way of fashioning her words that you find yourself marveling at the richness of them. I laughed, I cried and didn't want the book to end.
on August 4, 2012
This novel started strong and then bogged down with too much love-making and emotional tension--turning it from a gripping story to chic lit. I wondered if the author was an adult or a college student writing about her fantasies. This book as a LOT of potential. The premise is good and I generally liked all the characters. It could be reduced to a novella or beefed up to create a really compelling novel. If you like reading about hot steamy love-making and desire, you'll love this book.
on August 6, 2012
I'm not one for virgin tales, but this one was okay. I don't think someone that has held on to their virginity for 26 years is just going to give it to a stranger that they don't think they'll see again. That part of the story was just unbelievable for me. The love at first sight thing...meh. This story did hold my interest. I wanted to find out what happened. The execution could have been a little different, but it worked as a quick read. I am curious about Justins story though.
on May 15, 2012
I think what ruined this book for me is that it is not very believable. Common sense knows that a man who never met his son can't just go pick him up from the only people the child knows and expect to keep him, and to keep away from the former family forever. This would be held up in the legal system and rights would still be granted for visitation for the family. I felt like there was something missing with both Blake and Delaney, I think more of a back story would have helped something...their love "connection" was just kind of thrown in in the begining and it really didn't develop...it was like she came to town and bam they are together..I felt like more time and detail could have made this a great story. Also the book could benefit from good editing. At times I would have to re-read certain parts as the wrong words were used and it just didn't flow smoothly. Although frustrating, I can look over that but I really wish it was more believable. I did read it all just because I hate to not finish something I started but I don't really get all the 5 star reviews....
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 29, 2012
Romance novels are harder to write than thrillers because the characters and the plot must be believable. This one failed on both scores.

Delaney was a very modern girl but a 20-something virgin (almost unbelievable). Blake was at times a loving guy and at others a bit of a monster. Given his character, his intense feelings as a single unattached guy for his unknown child are hard to comprehend.

His demand to take the child on his own without any undertanding of the child's feelings and his lack experience of child care is unbelievable and stupid. The child was willed to Delaney by the mother so it is incredible that nothing was said of legal rights to the child or even proof of paternity (other than something like "Ben looks so like his father.")

The romantic chemistry between Delaney and Blake is puzzling and there really is no emotional feeling from their relationship which changes from page to page.

If the book had been put together better and the other character and legal issues covered improved the book might have been a more satisfying read. I find it difficult to understand the plethora of 5 star reviews. Given these issues the best that I can give it is 2 stars.
on June 23, 2012
Yes, this great love story deserves a minimum of six stars!

This was my first time to read a novel by Patricia Paris. I heard it was getting rave reviews and as soon as Patricia put it on Amazon "free", I downloaded a copy. I'm sure glad I did!

My favorite romance novelist is Dorothy Garlock. Patricia has written this story with the same quality, excitement and finesse of Garlock.

There aren't any characters in this wonderful story, I dislike. You will quickly fall in love with them all.

You'll find yourself continually hoping Delaney and Blake will stop pretending they aren't in love with one another and stop bickering.

Is their mutual love for a child going to be enough to bring them together forever? Well, you must read this true love story and find out.

I will definitely be reading the sequel: Letters to Gabriella.

Rebecca Scarberry
on November 16, 2012
I'm fairly new to reading this genre usually spending more time in other types of fiction. Anyhow, I picked up this book when it was free because it seemed interesting enough.

I found myself staying up entirely too late on a work night and getting up entirely too early the next morning to finish up this book.

I loved the conflict in the book. Not because I particularly like to watch someone get abused but because it brought some different depth to the characters that I haven't found in other books lately. I liked to see the fights and the reactions to them. And I enjoyed the resolution as well.

All in all I think this is a good book for people who don't necessarily need a straight forward journey to the end.
on May 5, 2012
At the time I'm writing this review, there are 13 other reviews, all 5 stars. I think they must all be friends with the author, because that's the only way someone could say this book is good. First of all, it is not well written. Punctuation is terrible - either incorrectly used or missing altogether, and so many sentences are poorly written that I found it hard to focus on the story. But these problems could have been solved with better editing. The bigger problem is that the main characters are unlikable. For the first half of the story, Delaney makes such terrible decisions that I was really disgusted with her. For the second half, Blake's behavior - while warranted at first, given Delaney's prior behavior - is downright cruel.
Once I've started a book I hate to stop reading it, which is the only reason I made it through this book. Thank goodness it was free on my Kindle.