5.0 out of 5 stars Back to the Good Ole' Days (Sorta)!
This album is superb! At first, I felt like it tailed off to the boring side after you get past track 8, but it really GROWS on you. This group has always been one of my favorites, and this album really gives the Discovering the Waterfront vibe. I listened to that album nearly everyday for a year straight; this album is going to be no different!

Quick edit:...
Published 17 months ago by That One Guy

3.0 out of 5 stars Similar but not the same
Some quality catchy riffs that sound like the Silverstein that we know and love, but the lyrics just aren't as strong as any of the other albums before. My favorite songs were unfortunately the shortest, so I didn't get to enjoy them for long. Still a solid addition to the collection, since it's hard to keep cranking out solid gold.
Published 12 months ago by Justin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to the Good Ole' Days (Sorta)!, February 5, 2013
This review is from: This Is How The Wind Shifts (Audio CD)

Quick edit: People keep saying "They've kept their sound the same." or "They haven't changed." Nobody is saying it's a bad thing, but the fact is, it's not true AT ALL. It shows through Shane's voice and the heaviness of their work. Listen to When Broken is Easily Fixed and then listen to this album and tell me his scream isn't more polished and powerful than their first album. Then listen to the guitars only and tell me they are aren't any heavier.

They have evolved into such a great band, it's crazy. I understand what people are saying; maybe the STYLE hasn't changed, but the polish of Shane's voice and the technical/heaviness of the guitars has gotten better and better. I think maybe a new lead guitarist is just what they needed to find that they have a lot left in the tank.

5.0 out of 5 stars great album, May 27, 2013
This review is from: This Is How The Wind Shifts (Audio CD)
this is a concept album within an album... the songs are paired together in a way thats never been done before... it works great if you can follow it... One of Silverstein's best albums! def buy it

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to the old days, May 6, 2013
This is just like an extension to Discovering the Waterfront. Back to the loundness and booming guitars. One of their best albums to date and their best new work period.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT GREAT GREAT!, February 16, 2013
I love this band with their music and energy.. they are the most awesome people I know!!!!!! I can't wait for them to come to our town again. BEST WISHES FOR THEIR SUCCESS.. they deserve great praise for this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, February 5, 2013
This review is from: This Is How The Wind Shifts (Audio CD)
Another excellent album from Silverstein! 'Stand Amid the Roar', 'On Brave Mountains We Conquer', 'One Last Dance', 'Massachusetts', all amazing songs. Very good guitar riff's with classic Siverstein melodies. Couldn't ask for any more than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Discovering the Waterfront... Dethroned!, February 9, 2013
So after the last two albums Silverstein had kind of worked their way off of my ipod. They got too political and lost their spark. I mean, Discovering the Waterfront is still one of the best albums ever, it was inspired and heavy but catchy. Personally I didn't think Silverstein had it in them to come back from their last album. I thought it was the beginning of the end. Thank God I was wrong, because this album is easily their best yet. Its heavier, more melodic, and far, far more entertaining than even DtW. I just love it! It starts heavy and ends soft, with a random splattering of both in between. Its a great listen. Definitely buy the deluxe edition by the way! It is great! Seriously a great buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars that person like the cd, June 29, 2014
This review is from: This Is How The Wind Shifts (Audio CD)
it was a gift for somebody,that person like the cd,great price

5.0 out of 5 stars silverstein's crowning achievement, April 23, 2014
One of the best albums of 2013. So intense emotional and powerful. A must buy! In my opinion the best silverstein album

5.0 out of 5 stars Mmmm Silverstein!!!, March 24, 2014
This review is from: This Is How The Wind Shifts (Audio CD)
My favorite band has done it again! This CD is legit! and the best part is that these songs go together. If you don't know what I mean just look it up! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Album, February 4, 2014
This review is from: This Is How The Wind Shifts (Audio CD)
The Album has great moments all around. The songs tie into one another and come full circle on the album all-around, but is definitely noticeable within songs such as Arrivals and then Departures.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

This Is How The Wind Shifts
This Is How The Wind Shifts by Silverstein (Audio CD - 2013)
Rate and Discover Movies