5.0 out of 5 stars Inspire = Think About Your Deepest Beliefs
This I Believe: Life Lessons is part of the This I Believe series, and offers the stories of people who are willing to share their most deeply-held beliefs, beliefs that they feel have become part of their daily living.

Published on September 28, 2012 by Lou Hamilton

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok
This book was okay. It was more "cute" then "inspiring." I had higher expectations. Read if you want something quick and easy... no thinking required.
Published on February 12, 2013 by Adriana

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspire = Think About Your Deepest Beliefs, September 28, 2012

When Edward R. Murrow first began this series in the early 1950's, he contacted famous people and requested them to take the time to think about - and share with the world - something vital from their "personal credo." He asked for thoughts, not what schools or religions had taught people to respect, but what had evolved over their lifetime as being at the very core of their values.

This book focuses on people like ourselves who have also put a great deal of thought into their life values. Life Lessons is defined by Dan Gediman as "something we feel has altered us, great or slight, and after that moment we are changed." He believes we can learn from the insight these people share with us and perhaps begin to consciously consider some of our own life lessons.

I highly encourage anyone who is interested in pondering their personal philosophy to browse through this book. You can use the Table of Contents to jump around, or read it in bits and pieces as you're in the mood. The book would make a great gift for graduates, friends, family members - well, just about anybody. But first - gift yourself with a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Contains "Driveway Moments", February 18, 2012
This review is from: This I Believe: Life Lessons (Hardcover)
I have given this book to the youth (teenage) I work with at
church. It is great as a graduation present because the lessons
are well thought out and inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, August 1, 2013
I chose this rating because the essays are highly needed lessons. A lot of solid philosophies was encrypted in the stories. Other stories were simply heart warming or funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars!!!, February 12, 2013
A a quick and amazing read! I realize I have a few essays in me.... everyone does! Finished this on the treadmill!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect bedside inspiration, November 18, 2012
This review is from: This I Believe: Life Lessons (Hardcover)
This is a lovely book to have around on the nightstand or coffee table. A small hardbound book that can be picked up with inspirational essays to read during a quiet moment. My older (3-5th grade) children have also read a few of the essays and really enjoy the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars If this book fails to inspire you ..., May 29, 2013
If this book fails to inspire you to do a few (small or big) things differently in your life, then all I can suggest is that you read other books in the "This I Believe" series. Not every essay will speak to you, but I'm sure many will!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, March 10, 2013
This review is from: This I Believe: Life Lessons (Hardcover)
Loved this book and found it to be inspiring. It reminds me that simple acts of kindness can make a huge difference to making people feel valued, loved and special. I will buy more of these books!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, August 25, 2013
Philosophy samples go a long way. Some hit home with the speed of an arrow. Others sink into soul slowly. Invaluable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Believe, November 12, 2013
Wonderful for when you only have limited reading times. Read one or two stories and come back later for the next. I'd recommend to anyone who frequently questions WHY. We all believe in something.

5.0 out of 5 stars inspirational reading, January 18, 2013
This review is from: This I Believe: Life Lessons (Hardcover)
this was a fun and inspirational book. your description of the content was
accurrate. I was pleased that it did not take long to receive the book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

This I Believe: Life Lessons
This I Believe: Life Lessons by Dan Gediman (Hardcover - October 4, 2011)
$19.95 $15.11