Customer Discussions > This Is It forum

This Is It & Paul Anka

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 13, 2009 4:39:35 PM PDT
Dialdancer says:
I loved the song This Is It. It has a light whimsical and danceable melody. It reminded me of a very young Michael Jackson type song. I ordered two copies of the "Collectors Edition", but I was so angry at Paul Ana's comments and determined he wouldn't profit from my purchases that I cancelled them. I am wrong for this?

Posted on Oct 13, 2009 5:14:49 PM PDT
Gary Cosper says:
He co wrote the song and deserves half the money-bottom line.

Posted on Oct 13, 2009 5:17:47 PM PDT
roy racine says:
where is the song thi sis it, i cant seen to locat e it

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2009 5:33:31 PM PDT
Dialdancer says:
Go to You Tube it has the full version.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2009 5:35:59 PM PDT
Dialdancer says:
You are right, but it hurts.

Thank You.

Posted on Oct 14, 2009 9:49:53 AM PDT
Jane SJ says:
Paul Anka should of handle this with common sense, which he does not seem to have. He should go to dumb Sony and state his claim. or was this just a promotion tactic? Anka calling Michael a 'Thief' was not a good idea and McClain stating that Michael cannot write a song like that? huh? well darn!! P Anka cannot write a Billie Jean even if he is reborned a hundred times. There!!!

Posted on Oct 14, 2009 12:15:19 PM PDT
Stephanie says:
I think we should just sit back and enjoy the music. MJ probably deserves more than 50% credit, which is why he and Anka had the dispute in the first place. But I think McClain's statement was more to appease Anka and avoid a lawsuit - he didn't say MJ couldn't write it, he said it sounded like a different style. The song is a good fit for the movie, both in the lyrics and emotion. MJ's rendition of it is lovely. I will still buy the CD. Anka will benefit, but so will the Jackson estate in a much bigger way. Positive energy!

Posted on Oct 14, 2009 12:44:20 PM PDT
Swampthing says:
In my opinion, the family has already reaped too many financial "rewards" from Michael's death. Milking it, wringing it for every last cent. Movie, album, books, etc. STOP using your son's death for monetary GAIN, Katherine and let him rest in peace.

Any fan of Michael knows that he was a perfectionist and would have never wanted unfinished material available to the public. That's why he has so much unreleased material still in his archives. He never would have wanted this...

Posted on Oct 14, 2009 2:04:48 PM PDT
Ben says:
Katherine has little to no influence on these decisions.

And frankly I would rather Michael Jackson's family exploit his death than the media or tabloids.

Posted on Oct 14, 2009 3:32:46 PM PDT
Julie says:
I agree with you on that ben

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2009 3:46:08 PM PDT
Oh, really so you think Shmuley and Dianna Diamond should be benefiting from his death and not the estate that he left for his children. Your statement is illogical-the bulk of the estate will eventually be spent by MJ children and grandchildren, not Mrs.Jackson. Grow up what the Executors are doing to build the estate is exactly what they should be doing!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2009 6:00:00 PM PDT
Dialdancer, please do not let an account of a story by TMZ stop you from buying a historical collection of MJ's work. MJ and this has been clown Paul A. wrote this song together therefore, for him to say MJ stole it is impossibles and the ramblings of a past Las Vegas bad actor.MJ voice sound so pure and beautiful on this song; order your CDs - I did and will continue to buy his work because I want everything he touched in his lifetime to grow and multiply for MJ's children and his Legacy.I took my displeasure out on John B. and John M.; I faxed them a nasty scaving rebuke for John M if he made the statement to Paul A*s and since I didn't have any info on Paul A*s so I asked John B. to educate him on the long reach and the monetary power and the organization structure of the MJ Fanclub nation. I demand a follow-up from them on dialing back the rhetoric from Paul A*s immediately. Please don't let the beauty of MJ's life work be scared by other jealous and ignorant entertainers. I will keep you all updated if I hear from the Johns.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2009 4:53:42 PM PDT
Dialdancer says:
Thank you Rosemary,

As I said before it just hurts to watch the vultures pick his character apart again. I had just finished re-reading Aphrodite Jones and Tom Mesereau account of the trial and what wasn't reported and became angry again, but I would feel this way if it was anybody. I will re-place both orders. I just need a little more time. I will check back to see if you hear from the Johns.

Again Thanks.

Posted on Oct 16, 2009 10:23:58 AM PDT
Thank you Rosemary. Couldn't have said it better!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2009 12:36:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 16, 2009 12:40:44 PM PDT
Hi How are things going with you today? Please take your time to make your decision and feel good about it. I feel like MJ is our man and I'm not going to let any one take away from my MJ experience ever again. I think that we all supporter MJ in the past but perhaps we should have been more radical and let them know how we feel about MJ with our buying power and our great organizational structure. I haven't heard from the Johns directly; however, I did hear that Sony and Universal has spoken up to say that This Is It and another song is registered to MJ and Paul Anka. MJ did not steal the song; because they co-own the song equally which is why Anka is getting 50% of song options. Anka's wife have come out and talked about how close they were to MJ and how much they miss him. Anka's wife say that this was a misunderstand that was not make by MJ; that, the estate submitted the song because of the title which match the Movie, "This Is It". She stated that MJ was a wonderful Father, Friend, writer and artist; she stated that she wish MJ was here doing his performance rather than us having to see the Movie. She did also stated, we thank Michael for filming the rehearsal as a movie so that all his family, friends, and wonderful fan can share in what his great success would have been at the O2 in UK. Paul A. is dialing back his rhetoric as well and admitting that they had an augument and that he missed MJ's friendship and seeing the children; and going to Neverland.
Dialdancer, I refuse to allow you to let some loser from Vegas who can only name 5 songs that he has written that we know about ruin your MJ experience. I remembered what MJ said on the Promo - It is all about love-L.O.V.E. -Love. MJ Fan Nation refuse to allow MJ Legacy, Children or family be degraded, disrespected and damaged in any way by haters, losers, and the media. You see Paul Anka's wife is probably the one that John M. let read all the letters he has been getting concerning this little statement made by her husband Paul and she knew something needed to be said immediately to walk back the statements of her husband.
****Please everyone remember to vote on ABC.COM FOR AMA - MJ 5 NOMINATION! This is the power of MJ Fan Nation.******
We brought more MJ albums than any other artist this year in U.S. over 5,000,000 mil CD, 2,000,000 mil plus for Number 1 which he was nominated for on AMA.
I love You More MJ & Fans, let go take over this World with love and peace for MJ.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2009 12:48:36 PM PDT
Pearly123, your statement is brillant and strong. The man can only name about 5-6 songs that anyone under the age of 60 have ever heard; and MJ has written and produced 100s of his own songs which does not include what he wrote and produced with or for other artist. MJ often did not allow him self to be credited or paid for the work he did for many artist just to give them a leg up. He was a loving man and Anka does not realize the power of MJ Fan Nation or our long memories of every wrong and our ability to right the wrong he has tried to do to MJ's integrity this week. Patience is a virtue and we patiently wait to bring this back to Anka's memory!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2009 1:05:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 16, 2009 1:09:44 PM PDT
Who said he didn't deserve 50% for co-writership of the song. The CD was found in a box with the same name as the Movie so they released it as part of an album CD for the movie. As soon as Paul A. called John M. and he did further research with Sony and Universal; the issue was quickly resolved therefore, Anka coud have been more respectful to MJ's memory, his family (which the Anka' know personally), and MJ'S children who will one day read all these lies and exaggerations about their dad. Paul Anka still owe MJ's Children, Friends, and Family/Fans a step back and restatement especially calling MJ a thief when they co-wrote the song and it was registered with the recording industry as a co-write. Gary, this is the rub for MJ's Family, Friends, and his Fan. John B & John M. stated that they will be extra careful from now on to avoid this happening in the future and Sony has agreed to assign someone to be in charge of MJ's huge archive and carefully start going through the files. John stated that they have been working none stop due to the vast size of the estate and all the different entities, children and Mrs, Jackson needs had to come first, {large holding and properties all over the city, multiple states, and the world}, and number businesses compotents which MJ owned - that they have a better handle on it today as well as more authority from the judge to act.
I'm just happy it has been confirmed for the doubters how great and vast MJ's empire and his different holding are -MJ was brillant, WOW! WOW, and the man should be congratulated and not ridiculed by some folks every opportunity they get to put him down.

Posted on Oct 16, 2009 7:43:52 PM PDT
Dialdancer says:
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for keeping this going and keeping in touch. I am re-ordering the This Is It CD's today. I am not what most would call a sentimental or emotional person and many of the people around me don't get it. Others consider MJ fans as crackpots, of having an "unrealistic view", unable to accept Michael is something less than we know him to be. The death of this magnificent artist and person gets to me on a level reserved for family. On June 27, 2009 I started poem/apology to Michael it continuously evolves; perhaps one day I will publish it. I am asking everyone I know to vote for Michael for the American Music Awards.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2009 8:24:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 16, 2009 8:27:12 PM PDT
Dialdancer, You are my hero because you started the dialog by openly expressing your feeling, and your love for MJ honestly. You weren't screaming at anyone; you just spoke your truth concerning Paul's statement and your honesty caught my attention. I felt your pain and loss of MJ, it mirrored what I felt since MJ death; I read TMZ report which was taken with a grain of salt. I felt Anka was being dramatic and playing it up for camera, trying to get attention and to get in the news! You are a great writer..I pray and hope you can finish your writings! Thanks for the reminder I already voted for MJ AMA nominations!

Posted on Oct 27, 2009 9:27:03 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 27, 2009 9:30:16 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 28, 2009 10:43:56 AM PDT
I agree it is all about the Children/Mrs.J/Charities Estate and MJ's Legacy! I saw this is it in Premier yesterday and it was totally exciting and awesome/fabulous/fantastics/MJ's Finest work. If you are attending please do not leave until the screen goes black;if you do you will miss a 10 minute important piece of the movie that move us to tears at the end. It left us wanting more - I don't know if this movie is the end of "This Is It". MJ Fans will feel so much better about MJ and standing up for him against rumors and character assault by the media-MJ is vindicate and Now we must have Justice. MJ should be in the UK performing at the O2 Arena! I now know Murray wasn't thE only one involved in MJ's death. This would have been th biggest and best 50 shows ever performed in history and MJ's stock would have been out of the hemisphere. WOW, WOW, WOW...Someone didn't want this to happen for MJ; HE WOULD BE UNSTOPPABLE AS AN ENTERTAINER AND HE WOULD HAVE BEEN MAKING FILMS WHICH BROKE THE BOX OFFICE ONE AFTER ONE! MJ would have rules Music nd film industry and someone did not want that to happen!

Posted on Oct 29, 2009 9:09:48 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2009 9:12:13 AM PDT
Dialdancer says:
We are of like minds about this. I posted the below comment as part my review after I received and listened to the CD. I had to order a 3rd because I can tell I will wear the others out and I have no intentions of ripping or purchased "BLs".

Something is wrong or off here, Michael was going to base his comeback, perhasp final bow and repair his fortunes on a production that would showcase a song that was co-written by a well known song writer and not contact him about using it or give him proper credit? He was just going perform would have been 50 sold out and highly publicized concerts and hoped the co-writer wouldn't find out about the music??? MJ of course believed that he wouldn't immediately be sued over this mega hit, wouldn't ruin the long waited/requested concerts or that the media wouldn't go for blood??? (Yeah-Right!!!) Put away the emotion be it like or dislike for MJ and think this through using the information we have been given. This is truly not an attack on Paul Anka or Sony, but something is off, something is missing from this story and I only have the word of those who are still here to tell it.

I am going to keep saying this to anyone who listens and we will begin to ask the right questions of the right people.

Posted on Oct 29, 2009 1:09:02 PM PDT
DD, This is so true; we must continue to stand with MJ's family to seek answers to what happened to MJ on the early morning of 06/25/09. MJ recieved a lethal dose of Profolol and if Dr.Murray (state he only gave him 25mg) didn't give it to him who did it? Who else was in house that haven't been reported. Dr.Murray maybe a witness at this point; and, there is something going on with the investigation behind the scene that the media is unaware. Media has gotten the MJ story wrong for 20 years plus because they wanted to find something negative and evil about MJ to protray to the world. MJ fans never fell for the lies or the intrigue of lies-we stood flat-footed with MJ forever. Now there were many hanger on and fairweather friends/fans that ran for the hills with the first sign of trouble. TMZ tried to get start again with their lies yesterday about Arnie Klein giving MJ ovr 55 shots of ??? Demerol over 3 months. I sent Harvey an email to remind him that MJ's autopsy report showed that he had NO other drugs in his system (which included cellular and microplasm smears) other than what Dr. Murray gave him -note:either legal or illegal. Very interesting, everyone else is talking about how great the movie is and Oscar buzz for MJ and the Movie but this man and his gang of half-witted reporters are talking Drug lies & rumors which haven't been sustanciated by the lab or tissue facts.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2009 1:45:49 PM PDT
I did get a beautiful reply back from the JOHNs and I totally understand why MJ choice them to manage and grow the estate for the Children/Katherine/Charities! I can't go into a lot of details but know they both assured me John M. have known MJ since they were tweens and has experienced 1st hand the depth of MJ's song writing, vocals, dancing, business abilities and he would never speak negatively about MJ. The phone from Anka was duly handled and witness, etc...John M. not only had a relationship with MJ for over 30 years states he has a great relationship with Mrs.Katherine and he speaks to her and the children multiple times per week. Mrs.Anka has spoken out and clarified some of Paul statements which were not handle professionally. They passed my message to Mrs Jackson and Sony I got a reply from both . Mrs.Jackson replied through one of her assistances it was very inspiring; she was gracious and appreciative. Sony then Universal came out immediately with a statement disputing the statement that MJ stole the song -they stated the song was registered to both men as co-writers. Sony stated they had assigned a team to MJ archived work so this will never happen again. They stated that MJ was an excellent writer, producer, and vocalist than he always gave other musician credit for any work they did with any project he was developing. Sony has vowed to work with Estate and MJ's family to do future thing for the MJ's lifelong Fans and new fans as well as to assist the Family, Estate, and the Fans to preserve MJ's Legacy!Please forgive any typos. IT HAS BEEN A LONG 4 MONTHS AND WEEK. I DID WANT TO F/U WITH YOU ON MY LETTER, I WAS SO PLEASED AT THEIR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE!

Posted on Oct 30, 2009 3:52:26 PM PDT
Julie says:
what ever paul anka, im sure your half of the money will not serve you good
for your just a greedy man, and no good will come of that, unless you do somthing good like give it to a charity.
as for who wrote it, compared to what MJ talks/preches about all the time.
it sounds like it's all MJ to me.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  This Is It forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  Oct 13, 2009
Latest post:  Oct 30, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
This Is It
This Is It by Michael Jackson (Audio CD - 2009)
4.4 out of 5 stars (259)