Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: This Is a Moose
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on May 9, 2014
Tom Lichtenheld has done it again! This is more high energy than Good Night, Construction Site, but I've never seen my daughter laugh so hard reading a book before. I got hooked on Lichtenheld after reading Shark vs. Train.

Here's the set up--a documentary about a moose is being made, but the moose isn't playing his role as a proper moose. Morris plays the gag up as every page just gets crazier, which causes the director to really lose his cool. I won't give away the ending, but it's brilliant. There's a reveal that you realize was there in places throughout the book and it puts everything into perspective in a big but subtle way. Don't be fooled but the craziness! This is as sophisticated as any illustrated book I've read in terms of delivering a message for kids about following your bliss.
on May 8, 2014
Hands down winner in our house! Hilarious and completely original. My kids poured over every page and then started again from the beginning. My son couldn't get enough of Moose -- doing Moosey and especially not-so-Moosey things. He also kept an eye on Moose's sidekicks: bunny and squirrel. Giggles from my daughter throughout, especially when the giraffe enters the mayhem. Plus, I loved the book just as much...rare change! The last pages are pure magic!! Thank you Morris & Lichtenheld!! Message loud and clear: Dream Big kids. You can be whatever you want to be. Hurrah!
on May 12, 2014
One of childhood's greatest delights is to see outside the box and, in fact, not to have any boxes at all.
Why shouldn't a Moose be an astronaut?
Set in the context of a movie about a moose, filmed by a crew of animals who are not even coming close to the roles adults assign them, the cartoons poke fun at themselves and challenge the mind.
Charming, funny and inspirational.
on November 19, 2014
So, as the mother of a young daughter, I find myself in the midst of a constant, unending search for books to read to her. She's not quite three so, generally, we're still in that delightful phase of existence where we can filter out most of the books that are driving us slowly insane. This is a Moose is one of my very favorite books for her at the moment as it's cute, funny and the content really encourages the usage of silly voices of which I'm always a fan.

Plus, it manages to meet my three major criteria for any children's book I buy for my daughter. Basically, it's a fun read both in content and in rhythm, interesting to look at and I can read it to my daughter repeatedly every night for a week without wanting to take it out back and light it on fire. This is a Moose meets all these criteria quite handily and is genuinely one of my favorite children's books. Framed as a documentary film about a moose, the story is a simple one about expectations and dreams and animals doing unlikely things with style and aplomb. So, I can absolutely recommend this book to folks who have small children and want something interesting to read to them at bedtime. Or to adults who just happen to enjoy a fun storybook from time to time. :)
on September 11, 2014
absolutely hilarious...... did not expect what we got....all the adults I've read it to have had tears in their eyes from laughing before the book was done.... this is going to be a Christmas gift... unless I decided to keep it for myself. too funny
on May 24, 2016
I'm sorry to say it, but not only was I unimpressed... I thought it was somewhat angry in tone and a bit crude in parts. One drawing (the Grandma moose) got all of us to giggle, but the rest of the pages left us awaiting the "funny part". Others obviously have enjoyed the book and I'm happy for them -- but for us, it was not a fit; we returned it.
on May 8, 2014
I LOVE Moose and his crew! Am planning on buying copies for all my little nieces and nephews so they can enjoy this story again and again!
on May 8, 2014
This is book is hilarious and has a really great message for kids. If you dream it, you can become it, even if you’re an animal! Nice change from the usual Disney, Nickelodeon. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
on September 6, 2014
I bought this book for my almost 4 year old grandson and he absolutely loved it. It's so much fun to read and he giggled and laughed throughout. After about 3 days, he had most of it memorized and would always ask to read it as his bedtime book. What fun!
on October 12, 2014
Ever tried making a movie about a Moose, esp. when that Moose has other ideas?
It drives Director Duck quackers.
Lovers of Moose, of zany animals, and of space exploration, this is for you. Enjoy.