This movie breaks every convention of traditional story telling, and by doing so, creates something unique; a philosophical dialogue steaped in dark satire that holds your interest to the very end.

Published on March 24, 2012 by fuzzy123

2.0 out of 5 stars I liked the idea
Having "crazy" myself, I liked the idea of this film, but couldn't get past the 15 minute mark. The plot and characters were a bit too abstract for me.
Published 15 months ago by Craig

5.0 out of 5 stars A hilarious acid propeled dive into the mind of a fictional writer, March 24, 2012
This review is from: This Is Not A Movie (Amazon Instant Video)

This movie is also funny as hell (in places litteraly), and still manages to say something profoundly true, (pay attention--it happens so fast that if you blink, you'll miss it!).

Be ready for a 'down the rabit hole' trip to the center of the human psyche, and proof that even 'thinking men' can have belly laughfs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great arthouse style film, April 15, 2014
Don't let the IMDb rating scare you off. This film takes alot of chances but always entertains. If you watch this film and fail to laugh at the fake trailers through out, there is something wrong with you. Also, the soundtrack was done by SLASH, so that in itself should make you want to own it. This one has a special place in my collection.

2.0 out of 5 stars I liked the idea, August 13, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars This is not a Movie, April 4, 2013
This review is from: This Is Not a Movie (DVD)
Love this movie! It was funny and random. Edward Furlong did a great performance on all characters. It kept me laughing through the whole thing.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, August 13, 2014
should be 0 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars lol, September 25, 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars The title really does say it all, January 25, 2013
This review is from: This Is Not a Movie (DVD)
I really should have listened to the little voice in my head - the one that warned me that even though I like Edward Furlong as an actor, I wouldn't like this movie.

I've always been taught to never judge a book by it's cover, but the mess that is the cover of this DVD really does convey the mess that is this film.

While I normally love it when my favorite actors get 99.9% of screen time, I found myself annoyed with Furlong's characters before the halfway mark. Regular Furlong was trying to be introspective, but it just didn't work. Cowboy hat Furlong was trying to be an annoying prick and it did work. I have no clue what Reggae Furlong was trying to be, but I found that character laughable. I didn't care about any of them nor did I feel compelled to find out more about their story. When this happens, what's the point in even watching a film? At the end, I really didn't even know what the point of the film was. Maybe I'm too simple to understand it?

I found myself wanting to laugh at parts where I'm sure the writer wasn't aiming for comedy. Not even Slash's awesome guitar work could help the film, though it certainly wasn't one of the many components that hurt it.

I'd love to say I was disappointed, but that would be admitting I had high hopes for the film before even viewing it. This isn't the case. Most of the time, for me, I will normally break and say I liked a movie just because a favorite actor is in it. I can't even do that here!

Furlong fans, don't bother with this one. For most of you, you'll cringe just as badly as when you first heard his singing via the magic of YouTube. You don't need to do that to yourself again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid at all costs, May 29, 2012
This movie SUCKS big time!
Boring and repetitive as hell, has nice music but that's all.
You have been warned.

1.0 out of 5 stars this is not s movie alright!, June 18, 2012
Horrible. Confusing. Not even to be considered "artsy ". The only good parts were Slash's music and a deleted scene. Very disappointed because I love Edward Furlong. It's the biggest waste of time since "Drive ".

This Is Not A Movie