5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Introduction for Children, February 18, 2009
Doug "Doug" (Western Slope, Colorado) - See all my reviews
I want to teach my children the Spiritual Disciplines that were such ingrained good centuries ago. I tried and tried to find a book that they could read and understand on prayer. I wanted them to have their own "rule" of prayer. I wanted to help them make their time with God their own, and for it not to come from me. This book is a huge help. They love the pictures, and my four year old thinks the satin book mark is so nifty. Both of my children like to read from it during Morning, Afternoon, and Evening prayer. It gives me a few minutes of silence- and them also time to reflect on our blessings. Great book- Mrs. Tickle. Thank you for thinking of our children.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, February 4, 2011
This review is from: This Is What I Pray Today: Divine Hours Prayers For Children (Hardcover)
I have been praying with this book for about three weeks, and I love it. I have an eight month old daughter, and before each nap and bedtime, I read a picture book, a Bible story, and say one of the prayers in this book. My hope is that the prayers are already sinking into her heart; they are sinking into mine. A couple of them feel awkwardly written to me, but I don't mind it too much. Overall, I am so glad I purchased this book; it is a blessing to mine and my daughter's prayer life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, beautifully illustrated!, March 26, 2009
Micha (Cincinnati) - See all my reviews
I bought two copies of this book, one for each daughter. It provides us some variety in our prayers, something besides "Now I lay me down to sleep!" Beautiful illustrations!

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning to pray, December 29, 2010
A book for children learning to pray. However, any adult on a learning to prayer journey, will benifit from Phyllis Tickle's masterful work. The book is beautifully decorated.

This Is What I Pray Today: Divine Hours Prayers For Children
This Is What I Pray Today: Divine Hours Prayers For Children by Phyllis Tickle (Hardcover - October 4, 2007)
Used & New from: $1.89