Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Format: HardcoverChange

on July 26, 2007
I received this book as a gift when my third child was born.

It is spectacular and wonderfully witty. My personal belief is that the reviews that cite it as mediocre and such are missing the point - this is a book that is fun for mom *and* fun for the kiddies.

You won't find duckies and bunnies here - but you will find a wonderful play on nursery classics that appeals to the fashion-loving mom and her hip kiddos.

And yes, the author is British. Therefore some of the references are British - makes perfect sense to me. That added a welcome level of complexity to the discussion with my 4 year old about how certain words in the same language might be used differently in different places.

I love this book - and I know many adults sans kiddos who would love it as well.
0Comment23 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2007
I gave this book as part of a baby shower present and it was a hit! Granted the mom-to-be is a brand name shopoholic, but besides that, the book is very pretty and I like the delicate watercolor/ink illustrations.
The thing I really like about this book is that there is a section at the end of the book that has all of the original nursery rhymes also.
on September 13, 2007
Gorgeous illustrations. Witty little fashionista takes on traditional nursery rhymes. Too short and not something i'd recommend to be read to children, but gorgeous for the fashion lover at heart.
on January 16, 2007
This is a really cute book that makes a great gift for new mommies. I've bought it for 4 friends so far and they have all loved it. It will give them a good laugh and is even cute to have out on the coffee table as a conversation piece.
on January 22, 2007
This is amusing to a point, and not really geared for baby. It's references are British, not American, so the stores other than Prada, Gucci, etc are in London. Better for Mommy than for Baby.
11 comment11 of 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 3, 2007
easy to read, kids love it and have a good laugh at what they do understand.beautiful keepsake.
on March 19, 2007
Cute for the fashion aware mom. Entertaining to the adult not so much the kids.
on January 13, 2007
This book was a christmas gift and it was my favorite. I laughed so hard!!! Fabulous little book.
on January 11, 2012
I do not have children, but I do love fashion...so I was pleasantly surpriesd when I received this book as a Christmas gift. I find that I am more entertained by it than I think a child would be! It is very clever...I am only sorry that I did not think of this first! The pictures are adorable, and the stories are classics with a fashionable twist. I recommend this books more for a fashion-lover than for a fashion loving mother to read to her children. I am not sure that I would want my daugher to grow up thinking some of the ideas that are in this book (because obviously, based on the content, it is very materialistically driven). However, I do recommed for a fun, light read for fashion mavens, and it is a great addition to a collector of fashion-related books!
on June 6, 2008
What a great book for anyone who is fashion obsessed! The rhymes are very clever and some are a great laugh. It's a very unique present for a baby shower etc, but it really is a great gift for anyone who loves their Choo's, YSL and Vitton. However, for those who aren't so designer conscious many of the references may be missed. Those in the know will find it very entertaining. It's a great idea that the original rhymes are included in the back of the book! The illustrations are gorgeous, very reminiscent of sketches by fashion designers, not very child oriented though. This one is more for the mums than the bubs.