Other Sellers on Amazon
This Means War (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
|Additional Multi-Format options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The story is beyond predictable, but that doesn't mean it's not worth "date night".
The movie is about two close friends. They are CIA partners, you know that there is a brotherhood that only forms when you put your life in someone else hands. That relationship is put to the test when they both fall for the same woman ... in walks femme fatal, Reese Witherspoon whose character contains that charm which has made Reese a mainstay in cinema.
The plot is a road-map that lists all the main attractions along the way. You know where it's going, everyone's been there before, yet you still have fun. This movie is above all else a romantic comedy. It has just enough action to help guys enjoy the movie with their girls. It throws in a bit of situation and physical comedy to keep it from being sticky sweet.
You'll probably know what's going to happen before it does. That's ok; and it's ok to laugh out-loud even when the jokes are completely obvious. Allow yourself to enjoy this no brainer comedy and you might even find yourself rooting for the inevitable evolution each character has.
Still not sure? Rent before you buy and decide for yourself, after all, no two people are alike.
I hope this was helpful. Enjoy!
If you liked my review and found it helpful, please vote. Thanks. :-)
Director McG ("Terminator Salvation," and "Chuck") certainly knows how to open a film with a bang and never slow down. Even though this is a romantic comedy, CIA activities and skirmishes are couched in enough reality that we invest a little skin in the game. But the banter and camaraderie between two hunky heroes keep it cartoony and light. Furthermore, the conversations between our heroine and her best friend are hilarious, particularly when they are being overheard by the guys.
* Reese Witherspoon ("Water for Elephants") tests products and facilitates focus groups, but she hasn't quite recovered from her last break-up. Her best friend offers sage advice that positively drips with envy.
* Chris Pine ("Star Trek") is the smooth man about town, a CIA-trained lady killer with blue eyes you could get lost in. Problem is, Reese isn't about to fall. She may be tempted, but she won't fall. ...maybe....oops....
* Tom Hardy ("Inception") is the third side of this triangle, who pretends to be a travel agent, which contributed to the end of his marriage. Now he's competing with Chris Pine for Reese's affections and not doing too badly, either, despite being British...
* Chelsea Handler (lots of TV) is the best friend who keeps offering Reese all that bad, bad advice. She's so funny I'd probably try her suggestions, too! Hey, don't Volkswagens have air bags?
Once again we are confronted with a PG-13 film that is fairly anatomical, but it's so funny I guess I'll forgive them.Read more ›
One of the best lines in recent movie history delivered with perfect comedic timing.
Even though Reese Witherspoon is the headliner the buddy story is well played by Tom Hardy and Chris Pine. Oscar worthy? No. Entertaining. Yep. Not all movies have to have deep life changing meaning. Some are meant to be silly. This is one!
Would recommend this movie to all romantics at heart, who also love action films.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Super super cheesy premise and some painful action scenes. The war bw the hot guys was something I wish still happened when a girls heart was the object of desire. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Farzana Virani
I'm a sucker for romantic comedies and this is a good one. Just fun and light-hearted--nothing serious here. I've seen it several times. I should go ahead and buy it already!Published 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
I really liked this one. I thought it was funny, and romantic, and would recommend it as a chick flick compromise for couples.Published 1 day ago by Amy Warren
I like it! is very funny and also has action! Really good I enjoy it big time.Published 3 days ago by Alicia Vigil
Funny with enough action and romance to keep both sides happy and interested.Published 4 days ago by Buyer
Great mix of action, comedy, and a little romance. Something for everyone.Published 5 days ago by keri
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Digital Copy
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Military & War
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Romance
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Action > General
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Comedy