5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful tips
Published on September 27, 2011 by LovesBooks

Published on September 30, 2011 by Whipporwill

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Good info for those new to calorie and nutrition consciousness (but no recipes), September 30, 2011
This review is from: Now Eat This! 100 Quick Calorie Cuts at Home / On-the-Go (Paperback)
I went to Amazon to purchase the Now Eat This Diet cookbook after seeing one of the recipes on television. When I went to make this purchase, I saw this book (100 Quick Calorie Cuts) that was coming out in a few weeks that could be pre-ordered. So I did. I got the Now Eat This Diet book before this book and I liked the Diet Cookbook because it had some interesting recipes that utilize similar 'tricks' to cutting calories and increasing nutritional value that I already use. But it introduced me to a few more that I wouldn't have thought to employ (such as the use of beans in brownies and cookies).

This book (100 Quick Calorie Cuts) is for those who are new to calorie cutting tips/tricks and a diet plan. It's basically a compilation of food swaps, metabolism boosters and other calorie-saving ideas along with daily suggested meal plans and shopping lists. If you are someone who is already calorie/nutrition conscious, you have already either figured a lot of these things out on your own (especially if you're a natural cook), or you've read/seen them scattered in various places (like Yahoo articles or television news features).

I think this book would be really great for someone who is very new to nutrition/calorie reduction, but for anyone who is or has been practicing it already, this book is not for you.

The one thing that could have made me feel like I got something for my money is if there had've been recipes in the book. There are no recipes at all. After getting the book, I went back to Amazon and re-read the product details and it does not say anything about recipes, so that is my bad. However, right above the product detail are four or five photos of recipes that I recognize from his Now Eat This Diet book (the actual cookbook) and the heading states "Featured Recipes from Now Eat This! 100 Quick Calorie Cuts at Home/On-the-Go Meal Plans" which is deceptive and just not true.

My rating is just from my standpoint - as I said, if you're new to calorie/nutrition consciousness, this is a fabulous resource. If you're not, I would not waste my money. Get the Now Eat This Diet cookbook instead if you don't already have it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful tips, September 27, 2011
This book is great because it fits in your pocket or purse. I like that it's a flip book as well. I have flipped through the book and found many of the tips very useful. Even if you are not a cook, there are tips for everyday eating at restaurants or while traveling, as well as smart tips for grocery buying and ways to keep eating healthy. I would definitely recommend this book if you are looking for easy ways to cut calories without having to hit the gym every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these tips!!, October 4, 2011
I'm so glad Rocco came out with a tips book. This is a flip book - one side has tips for home, and the other has tips for on the go. The book is also great for motivation and has a lot of information in it. There's no recipes in this book, so if you don't like to cook (like me) you can still use these tips to loose weight!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, February 1, 2012
Warning - this book doesn't have too many new ideas and it constantly refers you to his another book that has the recipes. That was frustrating and irritating. The best part of this book was the chart that showed how many pounds you would lose based on cutting 100, 200, etc. calories per day.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, January 3, 2013
I am a big fan of Rocco DeSpirito, but I was terribly disappointed by this book. There are continual references to recipes in his other books, but the recipes are not included - if this book is to be useful, at least two other books would have to be purchased and then cross referenced.

2.0 out of 5 stars Rocco DiSpirito, December 30, 2011
This wasn't what I expected. I was hoping for recipes, my mistake. It's a good book for a quick check on various food items.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rocco=yum!, December 15, 2011
I have several Rocco DiSpirito oookbooks and they are excellent! The only complaint I have is finding some of the products he uses, most specifically whole wheat panko bread crumbs. I just sub out regular panko crumbs. His recipes are soul-satisfying and definitely have enough variety that you could use this almost exclusively for dinners and snacks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great food guide for busy people, October 31, 2011
Rocco's new book is great because it's easily portable, informative and full of interesting tips. Half of the book is dedicated to people that are on-the-go so it's great since I spend most of my work week traveling. The other half of the book focuses on methods of eating healthier at home. Great gift for busy people!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love low calories, September 5, 2013
Again, I love whatever Rocco puts out. He makes the best tasting dishes and yet they are so low calorie.
I will wear this book out using it!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT RESULTS WITH THIS GUIDE, December 14, 2011
Rocco DiSpirito has written more than a book on eating right, he has put together a guide and resource tool for everything from calorie saving healthy substitutions to a grocery list for a two week menu getting even the most novice foodie on the right path. All of these fabulous finds and Rocco's personal research and goal oriented program is certain to bring great results. NOW EAT THIS 100 GREAT CALORIE CUTS is the perfect follow up to his NOW EAT THIS and makes for a great gift for those looking for healthy choices at home and when dining out.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0x97d0d348)

Now Eat This! 100 Quick Calorie Cuts at Home / On-the-Go
Now Eat This! 100 Quick Calorie Cuts at Home / On-the-Go by Rocco DiSpirito (Paperback - September 27, 2011)
$12.99 $11.12