Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

This is the perfect book for any youngster starting a new school year. It speaks directly to kids and their fears about school. Each kiddo tells what they wish for the new year. Some are funny - a water fountain that dispenses chocolate! Most are rather telling and even poignant - a hope to remember homework, not lose things in your desk, and a hope to make friends. My personal favorite- I hope we get at least one snow day!

The illustrations are bright and cartoony and add just the right note of whimsy. This would be a great discussion starter to read on the first day of class for anyone from Kindergarten to grade 2. It's great for parents and educators to remember the concerns that kids have at the start of a new year, and this book really seems to sum it up perfectly. A great effort.
on September 19, 2014
We liked this book because it was funny and encourages children to like school. We especially liked when the author talked about the chocolate fountain and the field trip to the anti-gravity chamber. One thing the author did well was she included creative details, such as placing a queen's throne inside of a bus. Our favorite part was when the boy grew taller than the nurse and his clothes were too small. We would recommend this book if you like books that are funny, imaginative, and creative.
on August 16, 2014
I used this as a read aloud with my third graders the first day of school. We followed it up by having them come up with goofy things they wish our class would do (field trip to space, an elephant for the class pet, etc...).
Fabulous illustrations and a cleverly created text make this book a wonderful gift for a young student heading back to school. I purchased this for a five-year-old, and it was happily received and frequently enjoyed!

Highly recommended!
on November 7, 2013
My students LOVED this book!! They thought it was hilarious! I had them do a reading response to this using the header, "This school year will be the best because...." They drew pictures and talked about it.
on July 12, 2015
I enjoy using this book at the beginning of the school-year to assist students in their thinking about what kinds of things they believe will make the year the best! Many of the ideas in the book are a bit outlandish but the children enjoy them!
on October 23, 2014
Way cute book to start the school year. It encourages kids to make this a great and fantastic year. In a new class room and with new students and a new teacher, we all have to adjust and make it the best year yet.
on July 22, 2016
Cute book to begin the school year with a collection of everyone's favorite idea of what they like. Lends itself to a creative art project done by the readers to mimick the story for a good beginning.
on August 22, 2014
Great little book to read at the beginning of a school year. The story line is exciting with all the possible activities that can happen in a school year. The illustrator did a wonderful job helping to bring the story to life. I found the book to be a great source of conversation when talking about what the new school might look like with my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter who attends her preschool program three days a week.
on September 1, 2015
I liked this book because the teacher included her own wish, but I wish there were even more pages. One thing the author did well was inlclude a page for every student. Myfavorite part was the chocolate fountain and the Skateboard Day. My favorite characters were the tall kid and the teacher. I would recommend this book for young children looking for a quick read.