This or wait for TF700? I ordered the tf300 a few days ago(non 3rd party) and it should come in tomorrow. But now I've been reading up on the TF700 and might want that.
Every article or blog post I've read they have been using the 64GB TF700 and every single one say the ESRP for that one is $599. Does this mean the 32GB TF700 is going to be $499? Looking at the launch price of the TF201 64GB it was $599 and 32GB is $499.

I'm willing to spend $100 more for the better screen and slightly better clocked Tegra 3.
So should I wait or just keep the TF300 when it comes in tomorrow?

Will I have to pay a restocking fee if I want to open it and try it out for a few days to see if I even like it?
[UPDATED] asked by Hypnotoad on April 24, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 107 answers
A
I am going to wait. Had the TF201, but sent back because of the GPS issue.
The two factors making me wait are the lack of Gorilla Glass and the brightness of the display (not the resolution). I plan on using it heavily outside, and both of these can make a significant difference when out of doors.
Kyle answered on April 25, 2012
Comment | 9 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
These high-res screens are vastly over-hyped. Unless your face is 1 foot away from the screen, you cant tell the difference with the ipads. Comparatively, there is larger pixel difference in the ipads than the transformers. The clock-speed can be changed by developers, so no big deal there. Honestly, your going to pay an extra $200 for the infinity if asus decides to keep the regular prime. Tablets are seriously not worth that high of a price, and thats why the TF300 strikes the perfect tune.
Ninja Will answered on April 24, 2012
Comment (1) | 21 of 26 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The tf300 came in today and i must say this thing is nice. I'm going to look at an ipad 3 this weekend and only if im just blown away by the screen then im going to keep this. I had such buyers remorse tell I powered this thing up. Thanks for all the advice
Hypnotoad answered on April 25, 2012
Comment | 8 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't think it's that big of a difference between the iPad and this but the price difference is huge so I'm going to keep this one.
F. Ahmed answered on April 26, 2012
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I was going to buy a prime in January, but then started reading about all the problems with WiFi and GPS. Figured I'd wait for the 700, and meanwhile checked out all the competition. I still have an ASUS 1000HE netbook that has been flawless for five years so really wanted to try ASUS again. When the 300 showed up months ahead of the 700 I figured why not? I've had mine less than a week but I'm delighted with it and glad I didn't wait. I can't see how any of the functionality promised by the 700 (or the Prime, for that matter) would make any difference in how I use the 300. It does everything I need and does it well (so far).
Granite City Green Guy answered on April 30, 2012
Comment | 10 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I had a chance to take a look at a side by side comparason of the ipad3 screen with an ipad2 screen. Im going to have to say that IMO the high rez screen is over rated. Im going to stick with the tf300.

@Thorne
Yes the tf300 does all that.
Hypnotoad answered on April 30, 2012
Comment | 9 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Folks, don't forget that after the TF700 goes on sale, the next version will be released. Do you wait for that one then? When do you decide to stop waiting and actually getting? :)
Amazoner answered on April 30, 2012
Comment | 8 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
ASUS Transformer TF300 T-B1-BL 10.1-Inch 32 GB Tablet (Blue)
I don't even have a smart phone (my son scooped that away from me when he broke his phone, as usual) and I've been looking at pads for a month now. I was going to get the LePan for $200 but I really like the attachable keyboard for the TF300. My main requirements are GPS (I'm always lost); u tube for movies; fb, camera for taking pics, kindle, some drawing, and a pad for writing ideas or chapters for my book. Is that too much to ask for in this TF300?
D. Thorne answered on April 30, 2012
Comment (1) | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
@D. Thorne
The TF300 will do most of what you want, but not everything. Not alone anyways. Your problem is gonna be the GPS (You're always getting lost). While the GPS will work, it's not gonna be very helpful as a map. To use an app like Google Maps you need to be connected to the internet also, not just GPS. That's where having an additional smartphone can be helpful. You can set your smartphone (or your sons now?) up as a hotspot and use the 3G/4G on your phone and tether it to your tablet. Perhaps there are some apps you can install that will have maps loaded into your tablet, but I'm not sure. But you definitely won't be able to get real time traffic and bus schedules and such without an internet connection.
SSF answered on April 30, 2012
Comment | 8 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Google Maps actually does let you download areas to the cache for offline viewing, but you are correct about no real-time traffic, etc.
A. D. Stanger answered on April 30, 2012
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   Next ›