From the Label
- CMJ, November 2, 1998 "...a sharp, focused powerhouse that will take you by surprise...we urge you to listen to this record. We see limitless potential in this band, and were sure youll concur."
- FMQB, November 21, 1997 "Kissing Parties is a nice collection of 10 power-pop anthems that manage to bob, weave and swerve just enough...If you are looking for comparisons, think of every power pop band that pays naked reverence to Cheap Trick or even Big Star, and youre in the neighborhood."
- The Kansas City Star, November 20, 1997 "Unabashedly infectious."
- The Manhattan Mercury, November 16, 1997 "...their full-length debut is overflowing with intelligent, driving guitars that manage equal amounts of melody and intensity...a tremendous power pop outfit..."
- Pitch Weekly, November 13, 1997 "Long on pop while still incorporating a rockin guitar sound, they have constructed a strong college rock album...its obvious these guys know how to write a song."
- The Lawrence Journal-World, November 13, 1997 "Electric Kissing Parties is a fantastic album from beginning to end...If you threw equal amounts of Weezer and Cheap Trick into a blender with just a bit of Pavement on the side, you would have Ultimate Fakebook."
- Kansas State Collegian, October 23, 1997 "If you enjoy musical passion, attitude and powerful vocals, Ultimate Fakebook will be your cup of tea!"
- Album Network January 9, 1998